11/9 Polk Co at White House

timbdp

6+4+3=2 I'm here lookin for lanning, if you are here show yourself we have some things to discuss, MY SON! I'm tired of hearing you slam him with a quote such as "run of the mill" running back. That's where we'll start. Do you know how your neg. comments hurt kids? and to think you are in charge of a group of children, thank God my children are none of them. Yes, my son went to Calif over the summer and YES I did pay for the trip, now what? In my son's eyes He was chosen to go for his acheivements and why does someone like you want to come along and hurt him? HE reads these comments as most of the kids do. You lanning are a jerk, a washed up "has been" as myself. The difference between you and me is that I would never post anything on here or say anything to hurt any of the kids including yours. My son is maintaining a 3.65 GPA with an ACT score of 27 not to mention that in many's eyes as well as my own, he is a human being that acheives for excellence on and off the field. He trys his very best for his team and his team-mates. Every Sat you'll find him watching game films after he has worked out. Believe me i'm not trying to sell you on my son, I just want you to know there is more to him than a "run of the mill" running back as you so terribly put it. One day you and I will run into each other and we will continue this conversation and you owe my son an apology. As the old saying goes, you can do anything to me but when you start on my kid then it's a different story! A division I school invited my son to travel with them to an away ballgame and because he would have had to miss a Friday practice he did not feel it was fair to his team-mates so He didn't go even after the coach was encouragin him to do so. He felt his obligation and knew his heart was with his team! This my friend, is the character of my son! you know nothing about him other than what you have convinced yourself of. and remember the KIDS read your posts, but it's obvious that you could care less what you say. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Stoney dog? just say when. I'm sorry you guys to take up ur thread, but I just had to get this off my chest, my son has been hurt by this jerk's comments about him. Lanning you know who I am, but just in case you don't : J. Slack is the name.

J. Slack,

I am back,

First let me say that I am not the least bit happy about you getting on the this thread and running your mouth like your going to have a talk with me the next time you see me. Also bragging on the Central thread to volnation that "I owe Lanning a good talking to if ya know what I mean". Well, what do you mean? If you think you intimidate me by getting on this board and "calling me out" youre a bigger fool than I thought. I am not hiding behind my computer if so you wouldn't have known who I was. I have let my identity be known from the start. If YOU really wanted to go straight to the source as you said, you could have called me on the phone personally (the number is in the book) but you are the one that posted this so everyone could see it on this board and now people that don't even know me have the impression of someone I am not. They are judging me on what you said J. Slack and you do not even know me personally; you have said you knew me from playing softball. Lets see I played for thirteen years, nope sorry don't remember hitting it by you when you were pitching in a game or two at Delano or Athens. As for you having a talk with me, I think someone offered you my cell number last Thursday night at Central so you could be a real man as you say and call me but you replied "that is not what I really meant it sounded worse than what I intended". If you didn't mean it, you could have edited it or deleted it. However you then go to the Central thread and make your comment to volnation.

I have never said anything bad about your son! I spoke the truth and if you or him can't handle that then sorry. I did not say he was "run of the mill" so if your going to quote me get it right! I said "Slack is a great kid but kids with his ability are a dime a dozen all over the country" which is the truth. If that hurt his feelings I am sorry but having played college baseball and pro softball I can promise him that coach's at that level don't really care about hurting his feeling so my advice to him is grow a thicker skin or he will never make it in college. Another comment I made was a reply to some one talking about the camp in California that you sent Ryan too and I said, "those camps and showcases do not mean you're a Division 1 prospect, kids get those letters and if your parents are willing to pay the money then you get to go its all about making money" as an example when I coached baseball all I had to do is send a letter to a D1 school and say I had a kid that would benefit from their camp and guess what the kid would get a letter saying you have been personally invited to our baseball camp because your a prospect. In fact you should be prouder of the fact that he has a 3.65 GPA and a 27 on his ACT. That will get him further in life than his athletic ability.

The next thing you questioned was about the job I do and how I influence my students. J. SLACK you know nothing about what I do and how I deal with kids. I try to motivate and build character in every student. I want them to be good citizens that can contribute to society after they get out of school no matter if they go to college or join the workforce. As for our athletes I expect more from them than I do the others since they represent my school that is why I strongly believe in being a disciplinarian in the classroom and on the field. So keep your mouth closed about the job I do and how I influence kids because you are clueless!! I have never said anything on this board to hurt a kid and you will not find a post where I have done so.

As for your requesting an apology, I will not apologize for something I have not done. I am sorry to hear about your sons ankle. I wish him the best and congrats to him and Central on a great year!

Mr. Lanning

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic