Rhea Co. vs Maryville

m4rcut

I believe ya brother! Rhea has the O but once again the 3-5-3 Defense will show its true colors. We let Cleveland put up 35 with a sub par offense by passing the ball (and I hate to say anything bad about that game because it was a great high school game to watch) and people think Maryville wont roll it up with an all state QB and Mr. Douglas? This one could get ugly real quick. And listen Rhea Co. I do believe we have coached the boys better the last two weeks but we have not executed especially on the D-side. I hope Im wrong and the boys pull one out. Good luck and see ya there

Finally, someone says it. Rhea hasn't stopped the pass all year. Brainerd and Cleveland absolutely schooled the secondary, and lowly Chatt Central threw it all over the place in the second half of that game. A three-man front is not going to get pressure on the QB, as everyone gets double teamed and the guys doing a whale of a job against the run considering there's only three up front!

I really want to see this upset pulled off, but unless wholesale changes are made in how we rush the QB or cover the WRs, I think there's going to be problems. I really hope I'm wrong.

For the improbable to occur the following things must happen:

1) Commit to the run on offense for the entire game, even if you're down a couple of scores. Use Ball/Clock control offense. (This plan worked for 2 quarters against Red Bank before it was abandoned)

2) Stop passing inside the Red Zone every time that your run game gets you there. Dance with who brung you!

3) Get pressure on Maryville's QB, since we've established that can't cover anybody's wideouts.

4) Quit burning all your timeouts before and after you run the "freeze" play to draw the other team offsides. It doesn't work against well coached teams. Maryville is a well coached team. If you insist on the freeze play, at least check to a play after it doesn't work. Or even try changing up the snap count.

5) Get the PAT situation figured out. If you're going for two, don't burn a timeout picking a 2 point play. Have that play ready before the game ever starts.

If all that is followed... maybe. I hope the boys can make it happen.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a lot of you dont realize is that when you have won that many games and have that much rep, you're going to play with all your heart and soul to keep it going. Rhea cant compete with that.

The more talk there is of rhea pulling an upset, the more Maryville is going to blow them away. That's what happend last year with red bank if you all remember.

Rhea county needs to cover the wide recievers better and rush the quaterback ALOT better, the offense is improving every game. Therefor I think they have a shot and I think they have a nice chance to pull it off but who knows.

Yeah thats pretty much saying if Rhea does everything it does horribly great this week they win, that isn't going to happen.

what a lot of you dont realize is that when you have won that many games and have that much rep, you're going to play with all your heart and soul to keep it going. Rhea cant compete with that.

The more talk there is of rhea pulling an upset, the more Maryville is going to blow them away. That's what happend last year with red bank if you all remember.

Oh! I gottcha.... Maryville will destroy Rhea by as many as they want /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville hasn't put together a full game since the South Doyle game. Maryville is capable of winning it all but they need to play better. Rhea County won't be an easy team to beat. Brandon McLeroy is back. He gave Maryville fits last year.

Brandon McLeroy is back? Was he out for something? I read here alot, but don't usually post. How has his season been going? I have read and heard some good things about that kid. Kind of hoping he will go to GA, but...... what do you know about that????

I am still here!! just waiting to give my score!!!! This should be a good game and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Rhea 21

maryville 20 (botched X-point)

"My day has come trebeck!"

Ps no need for directions we know how to get there!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree totally, finally a rhea county supporter. Nice to see ya post, see ya Nov 20 at CCS, seize the day!

Brandon McLeroy is back? Was he out for something? I read here alot, but don't usually post. How has his season been going? I have read and heard some good things about that kid. Kind of hoping he will go to GA, but...... what do you know about that????

Yea he is back. He has had another all-state caliber year at guard. He isn't sure about his college choice yet though.

I may no longer be in Rhea, but that doesn't mean I do not care or know about the program, you of all people should know that, espically coming from someone that lives in johnson city.

LOL yeah yeah I know you still support us. But my true home address and legal residence is still in Evensville, and I still live in Evensville. I just travel to The JC for 4 days a week.

Mac wont do nothing against Marryville thats a fact