Rhea Co. vs Maryville

m4rcut

Since 1997 Rhea has ended it season in Maryville 6 times. 2 times in the first round(03 and 04), 1 time in the second(06), and 3 times in the 3rd round(97,00,01).

You can't blame everything that goes wrong on the coaches. They are not the ones who turnover the football. Honestly this team should be 8-2 but turnovers will kill a team.

Turnovers will kill any team and Maryville is no exception. Early this season Maryville needed to improve in this area and they have. The run game was not on par with other Maryville teams of past, but the run game is there now, at least to advance through the play-offs IMO.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess winning 54 games in a row and 3 straight state championships would equal my definition of a "machine". Face it people, every other high scholl program may not want to admit it, but we're all jealous of what Maryville has accomplished.

YEP.. I have been posting to the BIG MV threads for a few years telling them how jealous we are here. No doubt they are a force to be reckoned with. I do feel something out there this year that is different.

Maybe the way that rock bounces for the REBELS are not in the BIG MV's favor this playoff season. We shall see. Good luck to you Rebels.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

YEP.. I have been posting to the BIG MV threads for a few years telling them how jealous we are here. No doubt they are a force to be reckoned with. I do feel something out there this year that is different.

Maybe the way that rock bounces for the REBELS are not in the BIG MV's favor this playoff season. We shall see. Good luck to you Rebels.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well there in no question all good teams need a break or two to move on during the play-offs. By the 3rd round in most cases every team is pretty good.

In this game Maryville will look to jump on the Eagles fast like most games. I don't think it will be a cat and mouse game between GQ and Fitzgerald. Maryville will have to slow Rhea's outstanding run game and limit J. Sharp's touches by controlling the clock and the ball. Maryville has a histroy of stopping that one key player who has become the workhorse. If Maryville takes care of the ball there are just too many ways the Rebels can score on the Eagles and depth will again be a huge factor late in the game.

Well there in no question all good teams need a break or two to move on during the play-offs. By the 3rd round in most cases every team is pretty good.

In this game Maryville will look to jump on the Eagles fast like most games. I don't think it will be a cat and mouse game between GQ and Fitzgerald. Maryville will have to slow Rhea's outstanding run game and limit J. Sharp's touches by controlling the clock and the ball. Maryville has a histroy of stopping that one key player who has become the workhorse. If Maryville takes care of the ball there are just too many ways the Rebels can score on the Eagles and depth will again be a huge factor late in the game.

Yes Maryville will have to stop Rhea's running game. When you posted this you obviously didnt consider that Rhea is not a one-man team. Jacob Moffett, Randy Sharp, Ryne Anderson, Johny Herd, AJ Brown are also play makers. Yes Julian is the work horse though. How many ways can Maryville score on you? Throw throw throw, maybe a trick play or two. Rhea just needs to stop the pass and keep running the ball and this will be a great game and maybe a surprise for the rest of the state.

Yes Maryville will have to stop Rhea's running game. When you posted this you obviously didnt consider that Rhea is not a one-man team. Jacob Moffett, Randy Sharp, Ryne Anderson, Johny Herd, AJ Brown are also play makers. Yes Julian is the work horse though. How many ways can Maryville score on you? Throw throw throw, maybe a trick play or two. Rhea just needs to stop the pass and keep running the ball and this will be a great game and maybe a surprise for the rest of the state.

Can't forget those play makers on defense either Ryan Smith, Finch, Newt, Tyler Tallent, Ward, Hack and those guys mentioned before. Plus Davis with that great leg of his can be very helpful.

Since 1997 Rhea has ended it season in Maryville 6 times. 2 times in the first round(03 and 04), 1 time in the second(06), and 3 times in the 3rd round(97,00,01).

You can't blame everything that goes wrong on the coaches. They have had a few bad calls but that is part of it. Also they are not the ones who turnover the football. Honestly this team should be 8-2 but turnovers will kill a team.

Some of those teams you mentioned were flat-out manned and out gunned. But the '00 team lost due to coaching, or lack thereof.

You can't call an all out 8 man blitz on 3rd and 13 to end the first half. Maryville called a screen for a TD. You can't call a fake punt run on 4th and 10+ inside your own 30 in the second half. Maryville knew that was a fake. They were yelling that it was a fake on the field before the play started! You could hear it in the stands!

Stop the pass? Rhea? From what I've seen this season, that's impossible.

Looking at some of the box scores I could find on the net, Julian is the one to stop. I have respect for some of the others you listed, but Julian is the guy. I'm not going to list all the kids Rhea will have to look out for who will play for Maryville because you never know who GQ is going to call on and make the game MVP! During the 05 State Championship game GQ had a Sub Soph. WR throw two TD passes to break the back of an outstanding Melrose team. No pressure there! Some call them trick plays, but the design of a great play and the execution there of is the goal of every offensive play in a sense.

It will be a game and if Rhea can stay close they always have a chance like any other team. But Rhea is 6-4 and has averaged 33.6 points per contest vs. opponents with a combined 42-58 record. Rhea did give a 10-0 Red Bank a scare but does that mean RB is weak region champ or did they have an off game? Maryville??™s opponents were a combined 49-51 and MHS only scored an average of 34.2 PPG while giving up 11.8 averages per contest.

No matter it is play-off time and any team can raise up a spank another and Maryville knows they are everyone??™s target, especially this time of year.

Just a hunch, but I think Rhea keeps this one closer a lot longer than many would believe. I don't think they will win, but Maryville certainly can't afford to look past them. Remember, Maryville got a huge scare from Brainerd last year, who by the way the Rebels will possibly meet again in round two.

When Marryville comes out they will score fast, hold Rhea and score again and it will be 14 to nothing with in the first 7 minutes. And after that Rhea will never catch up, they cant throw and when they do that good no one can catch it except 12 but he never gets it thrown his way. Rhea loses by 30 or more.

When Marryville comes out they will score fast, hold Rhea and score again and it will be 14 to nothing with in the first 7 minutes. And after that Rhea will never catch up, they cant throw and when they do that good no one can catch it except 12 but he never gets it thrown his way. Rhea loses by 30 or more.

Maryville should win, but I don't see the margin to be 30. More like by 10 to 17 is my thought. Maryville may not be the lead pipe stone cold lock of old. But they are well coached, practiced and the big game excitement means very little to the emotion of the Reb's. About every senior & Jr. have been there and played or watched thier upper classman do what was nessassary to win in the play offs. The Rebels are ready to defend their title. Will they win it all? It is up to them and it will depend on how much they want it.