Region 5 vs. Region 6

theyoungtiger

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that cascade/mt pleasant game is sure shaping up to be a big one.......sounds like you guys are really gonna enjoy that big matchup!!!!!!!

personally my opinion--you can bet the scores will be wrong

JBS 42 MC 28--MC has the best offenseive team jbs will have played

Coscade 28 Collinwood 21

Heritage can you bounce back after a very disappointing loss--Hetitage 28 Wayne County 27

Competion will be tough in these three games

MtP 42 Mcewen 24--

Hopefully you'll get your eyes opened up this Friday and you can take those MP colored glasses off. After this season Mr Football leaves it's going to get rough over there! Good luck Friday night and I sincerely mean that!

Nope, MP will have a good football team next year. Their Junior class is the strongest. Many started as sophmores last year on the semifinal team. They get back 3 or 4 all state caliber lineman and linebackers.

Hey genius we have two out of ten teams that just started playing varsity football this year. You lost 38-34 to a team we beat 28-0. NUFF SAID

Dude, this is the same MP team that beat JB last year and that JBs team was better than this JBs team. MP was flat against Moore and Cwood for that matter. If MP wants it, and i believe they still do. They will be in the semis. Scores mean squat, circumstances are different for every game. I hope you see MP in the second round. Their team speed resembles Jo Byrns on a REAL field.

I love all the Cascade big talk. It's a good thing they played Moore Co. in week 2 instead of week 10 like old times. It would be alot quieter.

I'll totally agree with you on that point. It would be a lot quieter. Cascade is a WHOLE lot better now then they were in week two and you probably wouldn't of bothered responding...

6 out of 9 region 6 teams have a .500 record or better. Thats a pretty weak region!!! Cornersville and Huntland atleast finsh 4th in region 5 this year.

The last part of the above statement is simply false. Normally I stay out of all this silly trash talk. However, when I see gross inaccuracy I feel a need to shed some light on the situation.

Huntland is the 5th place team in Reg 6 and finished 5-5. Clarksville Academy is the 6th place team in Region 5 and also finished 5-5(had to squeak out wins over 8th place Eagleville and 7th place Nashville Christian to even get to 6th). Why is this important? Clarksville Acad beat Huntland 28-14. That's right, the lucky to finish in 6th place team from "weak region 5" beat the 5th place team from "strong region 6." That clearly says that teams 5 and 6 in region 6 would finish no better than 7th and more likely 8th in region 5.

Region 6 is a very strong region. Region 5 is much stronger in places 5-7 than region 6. Both regions have alot to pround of when it comes to earning playoff spots. Look at 7-3 Forrest who is out of the playoffs because of a 2OT fumble against McEwen, and a very good 7-3 Huntland team who was shut out of the playoffs not long ago. Who knows what will happen this year. I think Mt. Pleasant-McEwen is the only potential blowout. McEwen is pretty banged up and not as strong as they were a few weeks ago. The other three games should be very interesting. If MC can beat MTP, then they have a shot at JB. If WHH can beat JB, they have a shot to win in Waynesboro.

Bottom line is that these have become the toughest regions in 1A. Only region 4 can hold a candle to these two.

The last part of the above statement is simply false. Normally I stay out of all this silly trash talk. However, when I see gross inaccuracy I feel a need to shed some light on the situation.

Huntland is the 5th place team in Reg 6 and finished 5-5. Clarksville Academy is the 6th place team in Region 5 and also finished 5-5(had to squeak out wins over 8th place Eagleville and 7th place Nashville Christian to even get to 6th). Why is this important? Clarksville Acad beat Huntland 28-14. That's right, the lucky to finish in 6th place team from "weak region 5" beat the 5th place team from "strong region 6." That clearly says that teams 5 and 6 in region 6 would finish no better than 7th and more likely 8th in region 5.

Region 6 is a very strong region. Region 5 is much stronger in places 5-7 than region 6. Both regions have alot to pround of when it comes to earning playoff spots. Look at 7-3 Forrest who is out of the playoffs because of a 2OT fumble against McEwen, and a very good 7-3 Huntland team who was shut out of the playoffs not long ago. Who knows what will happen this year. I think Mt. Pleasant-McEwen is the only potential blowout. McEwen is pretty banged up and not as strong as they were a few weeks ago. The other three games should be very interesting. If MC can beat MTP, then they have a shot at JB. If WHH can beat JB, they have a shot to win in Waynesboro.

Bottom line is that these have become the toughest regions in 1A. Only region 4 can hold a candle to these two.

Good Post... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok, thats your take on it fine, but most people know when you have 6 teams in one region with atleat a .500 record, that aint weak!!!!!!!!!!!!

region 5 also had 6 teams with at least a 500 record. jo byrns, cascade, heritage, mcewen, forrest, and clarksville academy. So by your reasoning on .500 records, your saying region 5 was not that weak either?

Guest 52sbrother

i know region 5 will win 3 of 4 games if not 4 of 4. mcewen is still a toss up. region 6 top team mt. pleasant couldn't even beat their 4th team.......so what does that tell you? region 5 all the way!

First of CASCADE11 it does matter to a hill of bean to you if I still have all that stuff. I may have the rubix cube here but I do know that you have the old magic 8 ball with you.

The fact is that 6A has owned 5A when it comes playoff time. You are the who has bragged on Cascade for the past couple of years. I maybe wrong here but I think you had them winning state last year & they got put out by Wayne Co. If I have to eat crow from my picks then I will & you will have nothing to do with it. I see the games the way I do & you see them another way. I took my loss aganist Moore Co with a grain of salt and moved on without any excuses.

Well Speaking of back in the day, Region 5-1A did own Region 6-1A, if my memory serves me right Region 5-1A was the ABC Region with, Ezell Harding, FRA, CPA, Goodpasture, and DCA. So far as I am concerned Region 5-1A has always owned Region 6-1A. Sure a lot has happened in the past 10 years, but speaking from a true win-loss record Region 5-1A has done well over Region 6-1A. How about that for living in the past

Just kidding, I think Region 5-1A will still take 3 of 4 games.

Well Speaking of back in the day, Region 5-1A did own Region 6-1A, if my memory serves me right Region 5-1A was the ABC Region with, Ezell Harding, FRA, CPA, Goodpasture, and DCA. So far as I am concerned Region 5-1A has always owned Region 6-1A. Sure a lot has happened in the past 10 years, but speaking from a true win-loss record Region 5-1A has done well over Region 6-1A. How about that for living in the past

Just kidding, I think Region 5-1A will still take 3 of 4 games.

Since you brought it up:

'04 MP beat FRA then CPA loosing only to the eventual state champs DCA. So 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Since the ABC schools left there is a bit of a difference. 6 has taken 3 of 4 each of the last 2 years. So I'm living in the not so distant past.