Stones River Bowl! Monterey vs. Cornersville

FCSprideatUT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think C'ville winning this game will show the strength of region 6... I hope we win to show our strength in region 6 against the rest of this state

but region 4 being the strongest in class A...c'mon now...regions 5 and 6 are tougher by far

Maybe we'll get to talk about it sooner in the playoffs but until it proves me wrong then 5 and 6 are def stronger than 4...maybe i'll be proved wrong but until then thats what i believe

Way to go Wildcats.

What was somebody saying about Region 6 being tougher than Region 4.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Tough luck C'ville. I had hoped for the best but thought you would have a long row to hoe. Region 4 is tough. You played a 5th place team that had a shot at being the 2nd place team. They have been to at least the last 3 state championships (the region). You put together a good season and you should be proud of all your accomplishments. Hold your heads up.

Monterey would've definately been a playoff team in other regions.

Tough luck for them.

They played in a region that included 4 teams that has been in the top 10 in the AP poll at some point during this season.

[/quote

Monterey dominated this game from the start. At the half Cornersville had around 23 yards of total offense. Cornersvill faught hard but in the end Monterey was just to much for them. I can tell you playing in our region has made us a lot better football team. We will be pulling for all of our 4-1A teams tomorrow night. Good luck and go get them.

Hats off to Cornersville. They did better than I thought they would. A couple of sloppy turnovers helped them out some. They knew Jacob Phillips was gonna get the ball more than anyone and they still couldn't stop him. They did slow him a bit, but that just opened things up for the other seniors. Play of the game #1 -4th and 2 in the first quarter, Jacob Phillips rips off 12 yds with them knowing whose gonna get it. #2 Cornersville 4th and goal on the MHS 6 yd line- Timothy Cogsdale picks one in the endzone and returns it 100+ yds for the TD. Sweet way to end your senior season! So proud of the Wildcats, coaches and fans. Go Region 4-1A!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Dont you just love it. Its amusing to hear folks say they are tougher than region four. Another year, another fact proven. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont you just love it. Its amusing to hear folks say they are tougher than region four. Another year, another fact proven. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No, not proven just yet. The region already has some hardware this year, but out of the four teams we have in the playoffs I think at least one of them is going to get their hands on some more hardware before all is said and done.

Way to go Monterey. Great win. Great showing for region 4. I knew you guys would do it. We all know we are the best region in the state to have a chance at the gold ball. Plenty of competition to build off of and battle tested. Less muffins period. This year has been a great one in our region. Most games have been nail biters. I have enjoyed watching our region play. I can say I got my moneys worth from the gate admissions.

Hold you heads up. You have proven yourself in region four as a top team. That you can be proud of. You can beat most 1A teams in the playoffs as it stands. I am sure a lot of folks dont agree but we know. You didnt just win over that team from region 6. You Dominated!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />