JCS @ Milan

Gocart

So if I looked at it right,Milan,if they continue to win,could end up playing JCS,Huntingdon and either Westview or Peabody in the first three weeks???..A team they beat by a point,a team they lost to,a team they beat by 6 and from all accounts a team they should have lost to....Then probably Goodpasture???....Then probably Alcoa???.....WHOA!!

Yeah this is what milan gets for doing a great job in the regular season...maybe next year they would be better off finishing fourth and getting to play a 4-6 team that gets a number 2 seed???? This system makes about as much sense as ?!@?#?@?!?.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is what milan gets for doing a great job in the regular season...maybe next year they would be better off finishing fourth and getting to play a 4-6 team that gets a number 2 seed???? This system makes about as much sense as ?!@?#?@?!?.

the crazy part of this system is the is no guarantee what TSSAA will do so you don't really know where to finish...one would expect if you win the region as Milan did you get an advantage...region 8 2A it seems is being punished for being good, while teams in Memphis with losing records are getting a better road to week 2...what a total mess

What stinks is that some boys who are seniors and serious about football are going to go home prematurely because of this system---while one team, that could probably care less will have to lay aside their Nikes for one more week and keep playing football. I know that all but one team eventually goes home but when you've survived a tough road like Milan you've earned the right to play the TRUE lowest seed in the Quadrant--- the 3-7 or 4-6 team.... I know JCS is a wildcard but they are the only one with a 7-3 record and they would be a top 3 seed in at least 6 of the 9 regions. I think they deserve to be a higher seed (although according to the system they are where they need to be...). No matter what they would be playing a higher seeded team but not the number one seed.

Anyway that is the end of my belly-aching. It is what it is. It is JCS traveling to Milan next Friday night and there is nothing any of us can do about it. Just like the BCS... Most people are unhappy with it but it is still the system and you have no choice but to go out and play the game. So here is to mistake free, well-executed, injury-free, no regrets football next Friday night for Milan and JCS. (Westview and Peabody too) So get your umbrellas out Bulldogs the Eagles are coming (Ha!). GO EAGLES!

These boards are for discussions of all kinds and for stating opinions from A-Z. Right now, public opinion is not real high on the Z-plan if you read today's threads. There are lots of great discussions going on and that's great.

My take: There are plenty of negatives with the zplan. However, for right now, we have two choices - Feel sorry for ourselves, OR, roll up our sleeves and get to work.

I KNOW what the coaches and team will do. I believe I'll do the same..

I believe this will be a fine football game. JCS showed what their made of the last time they played Milan. I was listening to the radio station in Milan that was broadcasting the Milan game. The announcer said...after Milan scored on their first drive, "Milan, Martin Westview, this is a totally different level of football than JCS." Well needless to say....it was a different story by the time the game was over. Great job JCS on a great season......keep doing what you do.....get out there and play like crazy people!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congrats to the Milan Bulldogs for earning the #1 spot. I listened to the game last night and thought you'all were clearly the better team.

These boards are for discussions of all kinds and for stating opinions from A-Z. Right now, public opinion is not real high on the Z-plan if you read today's threads. There are lots of great discussions going on and that's great.

My take: There are plenty of negatives with the zplan. However, for right now, we have two choices - Feel sorry for ourselves, OR, roll up our sleeves and get to work.

I KNOW what the coaches and team will do. I believe I'll do the same..

thats a very good point gocart i dont always agree with ya but i got to this time

I think Milan wins this one in a run away, Im not downing JCS, I think Milan is just too good to loose this one. I have nothing but respect for what the kids from Jackson have done this year. I feel like Milan had no respect for JCS (AS IF THEY RESPECT ANYONE) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> and it nearly cost them. They won't do that again.

I think Milan wins this one in a run away, Im not downing JCS, I think Milan is just too good to loose this one. I have nothing but respect for what the kids from Jackson have done this year. I feel like Milan had no respect for JCS (AS IF THEY RESPECT ANYONE) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> and it nearly cost them. They won't do that again.

you must be a usj fan, if not then you should be because they are the only ones who milan fans have no respect for.

with that said, milan wins this one 27-14.

MAn all you guys in 8-2a are gettin beat up for performing well, truly sorry about that some of the best teams in West Tennessee are in that region(Milan, Westveiw, possibly Peabody). But I pick Milan in this game, I don't know a score. It looks to be a good game, and I've heard many good things about new to 2a JCS Eagles. Good Luck to both of yall, and I hope yall both have an injury free game.

I have nothing but respect for JCS and I congratulate them for making the playoffs. That being said, Milan hit their stride Friday night and now they know how good it feels to walk off a field with everyone knowing you were the best team on it. I've seen very few high school games with as many BIG hits as there were Friday night. Milan will overlook no one especially not JCS. I expect there to be some more big hits this Friday and hopefully the pressure we were getting on Hudson at the end of the last game will translate into this one. If it does it will be a fun night. (for Milan that is) by the way, will the JCS faithful be clad in black again?