JCS @ Milan

Gocart

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday night the "DAWG POUND" will be rocking with excitement in a Rematch of Week #7. Week #7 was a memorable game for Milan vs. JCS. JCS proved to West TN that they belong in 8-2A football. They have the weapons to go the distance and speed to make it happen. However, as someone else has already mentioned, Milan was "flat-footed" and not playing Milan football. In spite of this they squeezed out a big win against the Eagles.

This time around I can guarantee you that Milan coaches have spent hours watching film and developing some new wrinkles, as well as, implementing the expected. In the win against Westview, Milan gave future opponents something else to worry about with Justin Coleman running the ball. Against Westview he moved the pile several times against a vaunted defensive line. Throw in passing to several receivers, Jobronski, J.W., and they will be hard to stop.

I look for Milan to line up each possession and take it to the Eagles and wear them down. On defense Milan will cover the receivers for JCS and hope to make some big hits, as well as capitalize in the takeaway category. Look for the defensive line to pressure Matt Hudson as they did late in the game in week #7. Don't discount the coaches sending a linebacker on a blitz to make the q'back get out of the pocket. Hudson will have to make plays in order to stay in the game with Milan.

Don't discount the speed of both teams in this one. I Milan believe comes away with the victory and further respect for a talented 2-A opponent.

Milan - 31

JCS - 17

Better get to Johnnie Hale Stadium early for a packed house. Can't wait for game time at 7:00 p.m.

GO DAWGS![/size]

Wonder if either of the coaches will change anything from the first time they played.

I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd suspect that both coaching staffs saved a few goodies for the post season. Sure would be nice if JCS had a couple of new 275 lb lineman to unwrap....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guaranteed Jeff Morris isn't "sleeping" through this one...Heck, he is probably breaking down film right now!!! The man will have a game plan, believe that.

That's why it is such a shame these two teams are playing in the first round. I know for a fact that as of last night many of the JCS' coaches hadn't been home except to sleep (If they even went then-one was sick)... Film...Film... Game Plan... I predict that we'll see some of what happened last game but a whole lot of other wrinkles too... These coaching staffs think more like college coaches than high school. Milan is bigger, stronger, deeper, and faster... Only a perfectly executed game plan and a few breaks can overcome those obstacles. I have no doubt that JCS coaches will come up with the game plan and the players will be ready but the obstacles are still there... Believe me JCS knows that Milan will NOT BE SLEEPING...

I was present at the first game between these two teams and I was impressed by aspects of both. Milan has a good ground game and when they finally decided to use it consistently, they moved the ball well. JCS has good skill people and a good scheme but they bogged down too much in the red zone. The key matchup in this game may be the JCS o-line against the Milan defensive front. Hudson was running for his life much of the night in week 7 but when he had time, the passing game clicked. I'm not gonna make a prediction because of some personal ties, but I won't be shocked if either team wins. They seemed to be that evenly matched, at least in week 7!

There is no doubt Milan will be ready for this game. Any talk of them being "flat footed or dead" from their big win over Westview is just pure talk. Milan had arguably the biggest scare their program has experienced this millineum in week seven. They will be ready to play and I am sure they will execute. I agree with supersteve that the key matchup in this game will be the fronts of both teams. JCS will have to find a way to keep the pressure off Hudson if they expect to have a chance. Late in the game in the previous matchup Milan was bringing the house and JCS had some open receivers down the field there as just no time to get the ball out. The key to this game, as it is in any football game, will be UP FRONT. There will be no prediction made by me for this game, only the hope that JCS will come out and compete like I know they can.