Cleveland @ Knox Halls

Pirateman894

Heard the talk this week on here and went to the game. Halls defense can't stop a fast quarterback, hope the next team doesn't have one for the Devils. I think #10 ran for over 200 and only the good Lord knows why he didn't run more in the second half - obvious coaching error by Cleveland. Not sure what the problem is for Halls, defense looks athletic but containing a quarterback like that is all technique and discipline.

If they had such a problem with Central and the McMillian kid so early, surely they could have addressed that roblem by now so they must just not have the athletes to stop it. They played very hard and never quit and with the heart they showed me tonight they can keep winning. But if the next team has speed it may be a long Friday and off-season.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about this team and that team gaining 200+ yards rushing. I hear about this player or that player gaining 100+ yards rushing. The same thing can be said about a team/player that passes for XXX yards. There is only one stat that measures winning and loosing. POINTS SCORED BY YOUR TEAM VS. POINTS SCORED BY THE OTHER TEAM. Looking at how many yards someone has is not a factor in determining the winner of an athletic contest. JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Git over it! We won this week and now we down to Choo-Choo town to kick some Red Bank butt. We will rectify what we didn't do in '05. And that is WIN!

Congrats to Halls for a hard fought win. I am not sure how my comments were interpreted as backhanded. I think I clearly stated that I thought the Halls players and coaches were well deserving of being the #2 seed and have had an outstanding year. Apparently from the paper, the point I was trying to make was again apparent in yesterday's game... Halls has a problem containing a teams best rusher. Doesn't mean they can't fix it or that that necessarily translates into an automatic loss. I was merely drawing attention to the fact that though Moronicus has some issue with Halls, he may have some valid points. But in typically Halls fashion, nobody can be right but you. And anyone who has a differing opinion, he/she must be an idiot. Good luck to the Devils this Friday vs. Red Bank.

The point I was trying to make was again apparent in yesterday's game... Halls has a problem containing a teams best rusher. Doesn't mean they can't fix it or that that necessarily translates into an automatic loss. I was merely drawing attention to the fact that though Moronicus has some issue with Halls, he may have some valid points. But in typically Halls fashion, nobody can be right but you. And anyone who has a differing opinion, he/she must be an idiot. Good luck to the Devils this Friday vs. Red Bank.

Well, if you had really merely tried to make the point that you assert above and not actually said what you did in your first post -- to wit, that Halls defense is "not good," then I at least would have given you a pass. Indeed, Halls has had some difficulty containing a rushing QB, but not just any rusher. However, contrary to your actual initial assertion, in terms of average yards allowed rushing, Halls is not only good, but is in fact the best defense by far in its region.

If, on the other hand, you're now saying that you were sloppy in your wording, perhaps we Halls folks just demand more precision than those in whatever geographic region you come from regarding blanket assertions that are easily falsifiable.

And thanks for the well wishes.

First, good game to the Cleveland team. They played a good game.

I am very proud of the team ZCAR. Many teams would have folded being down by 12 in the second half. I will not and have not questioned their heart since the West game. My biggest fear in this game was our injuries and stopping an athletic QB. That Cleveland QB scared me to death. My question is why didn't they run him more often, especially in the second half with a lead. I wondered if he got hurt or something. We hardly ever stopped him on the run.

Now, hats of to our team. #12 ran hard against "8 men in the box" for over 125 yards by my count. #1 had some huge plays. The first TD catch and run and several big possesion catches for first downs were very big. Turner ran instead of throwing to open recievers a couple of times but he hit his target when he threw it most of the time. Great bootleg call for the last score by the coaches. It was a good team effort. I think we won and didn't play our best game. It will take an almost perfect game against Red Bank and beyond. I hope we have a great week of practice.

I hope we take a huge crowd to Chattanooga next week. They have worked hard enough for the Halls community to get behind them. I kind of felt sorry for the Cleveland players. It looked like there was more Cleveland players than fans. The fans I talked to were very classy. I am just talking about numbers.

Go Big Red.

As always Fairplay excellent post.

It's all fun and games now for our boys the monkey is finally off this programs back. I look for a strong game next week against a tough formidable foe.

Truth is we do need firming up a bit but I'm to much in a good mood to think any bad thoughts at the moment. Maybe mid week we can chew on some things. But as for now I'm living in the moment. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought this was interesting Strength of schedule & success.

Division I Class AAAA

1. Maryville 1.499

2. Sullivan South 1.370

3. Red Bank 1.340

4. Maplewood 1.315

5. Henry Co. 1.299

6. Mt. Juliet 1.296

7. Clarksville 1.278

8. Greeneville 1.275

9. Hillsboro 1.261

10. Knoxville Halls 1.219 Not to bad not to bad at all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

11. Melrose 1.218

12. Fairley 1.208

13. West 1.194

14. Beech 1.192

15. Brainerd 1.164

16. Tennessee 1.160

17. Morristown West 1.145

18. Munford 1.126

19. Sullivan East 1.126

20. Cleveland 1.122

21. Johnson Co. 1.116

22. Kingsbury 1.115