Cleveland @ Knox Halls

Pirateman894

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read Moronicus's post, I was a little offended and upset. So, I have set out to disprove his idea that Halls is awful on defense (especially the run). I went to prepextra.com and gathered some ammo... Take this MoronicusTotal rushing Team 100 yd rusher114 yds S.C. No220 yds Cent. C. McMillan 143 yds.66 yds. Gibbs No137 yds. West J. Klotzbach 100 yds.196 yds. Bearden T. Works 112155 yds. Clinton W. Hazelhurst 116 yds.150 yds. Powell No (Clemon-94)187 yds. Maryville No (Rodriquez-95, Shuler-85)223 yds. SD W. Cox 114

There is no data on the Lenior City Game. Look at the numbers.... Well, Halls isn't very good on defense. They have allowed a 100 or near 100 yd rusher in 7 of 10 games. Take out Gibbs (3A school) and Halls allows an average of 172.25 yds on the ground a game. WOW!

Read carefully...I am not saying the players aren't trying their guts out, the coaches are to blame, or that Halls isn't a good team that doesn't deserve to be number 2 in the region. I am saying Halls is not good on defense and maybe Moronicus has a point.

When I read Moronicus's post, I was a little offended and upset. So, I have set out to disprove his idea that Halls is awful on defense (especially the run).

I am saying Halls is not good on defense and maybe Moronicus has a point.

Most of us choose to ignore innane posts like Moronicus's because they are so self-evidently stupid. But Runkle, with his supposedly detached "analysis," has likewise shown his lack of knowledge on this subject. Taking you back to the PrepExtra stats, I gather the following:

Halls' opponents average 166 yards rushing against Halls' defense, which Runkle claims so confidently is "not good." Now, here's the avg. rushing yards given up by the other teams in our region who apparently have "better" defenses against the run:

Maryville: 289

West: 304

Powell: 291

Clinton: 271

S-D: 265

Central: 231

LC: 291

Hmmm, in comparison them thar rushing yards allowed by Halls look purty good to this ol' Halls boy. You figured you'd be the bright bulb, didn't you Runkle? Maybe you're trying to pidgeon-hole college and/or pro stats in the "PrepExtra" game? Why don't you look at the stats in their entirety next time before jumping on a bandwagon and showing a distinct lack of analytical ability?

Moroon - Are you for real? Calling out our LB's? Right now are LB's are the strenghth of our defense!! Consider this:

- The leading rusher ALL year against us was Clark Mac. from Central with 143 yards. (A QB!!)

- We have held 6 teams under their averages for rushing.

- Have you seen our defense lately against third down, especially third and long? Defense holds against the run for two downs, then gives up big play over and over again on third and long.Many of these are QB scrambles, not LB's fault.

- I would love to know how many yards QB's have scrambled/ran for against us.My guess is somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of our total!!

- Next year these LB's will be one of the best groups in the KIL!!

Back to the game. My head says Cleveland (too many injuries for Halls), but my heart says Halls (Coach J will pull some magic out somehow). Usually I go with my head, but toady I will stick with my heart! Go Big Red!

Great job Halls! Way to prove ALL the naysayers wrong. The defense bowed up like it always does. Proud of you all.

The goys could have laid down as other teams have done when things went bad...However as I have said before....These boys have heart that is unsurpassed by no one....proud of the whole team for comming together and moving to round #2...I loved that sack by Pix in the 4th....Proud of yall boys and hold your heads high as all your hard work is paying off.Their will always be the naysayers...But hey do not know yall............WE DO

Remember our region is down did any one with any sense really believe that????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They really looked down tonight. Powell gave #1 Red Bank all they could handle and lost by three. West destroyed Brainerd and Maryville did the same against Rhea Co. Only one player on Cleveland nearly beat us tonight the QB and he nearly succeded. But we overcame him and posted the W. To many playmakers tonight for Halls to mention. I call that a team.

They only thing that limits Halls is...................................................Fill in the blank. Halls still won't get any respect from most people this year because they really haven't watched us. There is a reason why we have eight games in the win column with a much tougher schedule. Its the players they want it bad each and every game. Halls will miss these seniors and the leadership they bring and they won't be easily replaced. Ten years ago we won eight games and this is one of the very few playoff games we have won since I don't know when. Did we somehow back into this?

So no more negativity and everyone get on the bandwagon this year because it aint over yet and it still could be very special year for everyone.

Remember our region is down did any one with any sense really believe that????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They really looked down tonight. Powell gave #1 Red Bank all they could handle and lost by three. West destroyed Brainerd and Maryville did the same against Rhea Co. Only one player on Cleveland nearly beat us tonight the QB and he nearly succeded. But we overcame him and posted the W. To many playmakers tonight for Halls to mention. I call that a team.

They only thing that limits Halls is...................................................Fill in the blank. Halls still won't get any respect from most people this year because they really haven't watched us. There is a reason why we have eight games in the win column with a much tougher schedule. Its the players they want it bad each and every game. Halls will miss these seniors and the leadership they bring and they won't be easily replaced. Ten years ago we won eight games and this is one of the very few playoff games we have won since I don't know when. Did we somehow back into this?

So no more negativity and everyone get on the bandwagon this year because it aint over yet and it still could be very special year for everyone.

First, good game to the Cleveland team. They played a good game.

I am very proud of the team ZCAR. Many teams would have folded being down by 12 in the second half. I will not and have not questioned their heart since the West game. My biggest fear in this game was our injuries and stopping an athletic QB. That Cleveland QB scared me to death. My question is why didn't they run him more often, especially in the second half with a lead. I wondered if he got hurt or something. We hardly ever stopped him on the run.

Now, hats of to our team. #12 ran hard against "8 men in the box" for over 125 yards by my count. #1 had some huge plays. The first TD catch and run and several big possesion catches for first downs were very big. Turner ran instead of throwing to open recievers a couple of times but he hit his target when he threw it most of the time. Great bootleg call for the last score by the coaches. It was a good team effort. I think we won and didn't play our best game. It will take an almost perfect game against Red Bank and beyond. I hope we have a great week of practice.

I hope we take a huge crowd to Chattanooga next week. They have worked hard enough for the Halls community to get behind them. I kind of felt sorry for the Cleveland players. It looked like there was more Cleveland players than fans. The fans I talked to were very classy. I am just talking about numbers.

Go Big Red.