Cleveland @ Knox Halls

Pirateman894

I heard that practice yesterday was pretty much a walk-through. I would be surprised if Halls does very much hitting this week. I hope Halls can get healthy enough to compete Friday night. But the fact is that even if Kitts, Cottrell, Turner, Johnson, etc... play Friday, they will not be 100% and they will not see much, if any, full speed practice this week. I hope Halls can overcome this and find a way to win against a very athletic Cleveland team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hearing much from the Cleveland faithful.

Note >You are playing the Red Devils at the right time - i.e. a lot injuries, not many players seem too excited, etc.. Halls O. Line seems a little soft of late, not sure how bad they want this game.

- Cleveland fans - give me some info. on the following:

- JR QB Tucker Tipton - hear he is really fast and good

- JR RB Monte Sctton (110 yds/game-7+ yards/carry?), JR RB Hunter Spencer (8+ yds/carry)

- SR WR Dominique Macon (15+ per catch), SO WR Terrell Parks (13+ per catch),SO WR Marcus Davis (Cleveland...fan gave some good info on these guys)

- DE Grant Rumble ?? and other defensive standouts

- Are Parks, Tipton and Davis really that fast??

- Any injuries to speak of?

Any info. will help. I know coaches have info. on each other, I just wish us old timers in the stands could have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Not hearing much from the Cleveland faithful.

Note >You are playing the Red Devils at the right time - i.e. a lot injuries, not many players seem too excited, etc.. Halls O. Line seems a little soft of late, not sure how bad they want this game.

- Cleveland fans - give me some info. on the following:

- JR QB Tucker Tipton - hear he is really fast and good

- JR RB Monte Sctton (110 yds/game-7+ yards/carry?), JR RB Hunter Spencer (8+ yds/carry)

- SR WR Dominique Macon (15+ per catch), SO WR Terrell Parks (13+ per catch),SO WR Marcus Davis (Cleveland...fan gave some good info on these guys)

- DE Grant Rumble ?? and other defensive standouts

- Are Parks, Tipton and Davis really that fast??

- Any injuries to speak of?

Any info. will help. I know coaches have info. on each other, I just wish us old timers in the stands could have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Tipton is really fast, His accuracy is a lil off, but if his passes are on target the recievers will most likely catch. Terrell Parks is probably the most atheltic guy on the team, he had a great 1 handed touchdown catch against Red Bank, he plays with 100% effort everytime he is out there, he hates to lose. Macon has a problem with dropping balls, he is our best reciever as far as getting open, but he just drops alot, but does catches them in big time games. He didnt play much last week because of an ankle injury, but im sure he is fine now. Davis has the best hands out of the bunch, he is the best all around reciever out of the 3. Hunter Spencer has been out with an ankle injury also, didnt play against Rhea and saw limited action against Walker Valley. He doesnt get alot of carries, but when he does he usually always gets 6+ yards. Grant Rumble is the heart and soul of the defense, he is small for a DE but is an excellent pass rusher. Defense is also led by Linebackers Cavin "the" Grate and Hunter Spencer. The best part of our defense is the secondary which includes Tipton(5 interceptions), Davis(3 interceptions), Parks(2 interceptions), Scotton along with James Robinson and Corey Baggett

Thanks for the info Clevelandblueraider fan. Halls has struggled (like most teams) with a mobile QB - i.e. Central. Looks it like it might be a long night for the devils. I hope they bring their "A" game, otherwise this one looks to get ugly with Cleveland's speed. I hope the players can dig down deep for at least one more time. However, I believe Coach J still might be able to work some magic. On paper this looks like Clevelands to lose.

Thanks for the info Clevelandblueraider fan. Halls has struggled (like most teams) with a mobile QB - i.e. Central. Looks it like it might be a long night for the devils. I hope they bring their "A" game, otherwise this one looks to get ugly with Cleveland's speed. I hope the players can dig down deep for at least one more time. However, I believe Coach J still might be able to work some magic. On paper this looks like Clevelands to lose.

I am afraid that I agree with you Ironman. Region 3 4A is down a little this year IMO. Even Maryville isn't as intimidating. I would not be surprised if Maryville was the only team from R 3 to win. They could have their hands full as well.

I am not doom and gloom. I just think that Cleveland is catching Halls at the right time. If we don't have #2, #12 and #4 in the secondary, we could be in for a track meet. I am hoping our speed at DE and OLB will allow us to pressure Cleveland in the backfield. Otherwise we will just have to out-score them. Right now I am thinking

Cleveland 42

Halls 38

Guys,guys guys settle down and get a chill pill.

Maryville will roll against Rhea Co. If down means winning another state ring then so be it. Quarles doesn't beat teams into submission in the regular season and pad the stats like some teams I won't mention do he developes his younger talent much like Coach J. tries to do. Watch the playoffs and learn.

Halls is much better than you think. The way every ones talking we are 5-5 backing into this playoff thing like Powell. Are you kidding me. We are 7-3 with two crediable losses to ranked teams Bearden 9-1 & Maryville 10-0. Our defense has been suspect the past couple of weeks but the offense will be hard to handle. Just because Central missed the playoffs for the first time in ten years then our Region must be automatically down. Think again. We are the team thats come together and played and never gives up. What we lack in athleticism we have in heart. I expect the seniors to make a statement on offense Kitts, Dayton & Kelly all playmakers all will be ready. They won''t be able to stop all three. Our offensive line is one of the best in East Tennessee. You don't have 2,200+ yards on the ground being lucky.

I'll go against the grain. I predict Maryville, Halls & West will be moving on. Region 3-4A will take three out of four.

Go Big Red. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />