Cleveland @ Knox Halls

Pirateman894

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Halls have the home field advantage because this will be a dogfight. Still its great to be playing some tournament football again after last years absence.

I am confident Halls will win but I'll wait untill the middle of the week to get a better feel how our injuries are stacking up.

I think this will be the best game in the 4A eastern bracket this weekend. Halls will grind it out with the run but can pass some to keep the D in check. They should be Ok in the first round with that ole' want-T with kids like Kitts, he's a pretty good runner. How's the health of the QB, he got his night cut short in Maryville two weeks ago? If he is healthy enough to play well Halls should be tough at home.

Good luck to both teams.

FBE,

Turner our Jr QB had a tough time friday night. He wasn't 100% going into the game against SD after a injury against your Rebs last week. He gave everything he had but he couldn't go long and was taken out for the second half. Dowdy the sophomore QB comes in again and looks like Tony Romo for the second straight week. I think he looks comfitable back there. Him and Dayton have been on the same page the last two weeks and he threw another crucial TD pass to change the complexion of the game as Halls were losing 13-7 at the time. He had another good pass to Jake Carr that covered some good yards. I think he may have threw into traffic which resulted in a int but overall he did a great job backing up Turner.

Wesley Kitts is a big concern though he left the game in the first quarter with a deep thigh bruise we didn't seemed prepared for that. Then it was running by commitee. He has been our main threat this year on offense and would be a big loss if he can't go this week. I'm glad Kelley is back from injury. Waggoner has really impressed this year so we still have options.

So many of our troops are banged up but we have some really good young players stepping up to fill in. Pixley, Gibson, Bright, Dowdy have all shown they can play some football and have been given many opportunities.

I think we have good depth and the coaching staff has quickly changed the gameplan to accomidate the new faces.

I like our chances at home this week.

And we'll be honored to host you, R&B. McMillan gave us the most trouble, I think, because we weren't prepared at all for that threat -- the running QB. Houston did some damage, but nothing like McMillan, probably because the coaches started gaming for that kind of player. I know nothing about Cleveland. Enlighten us Blue Raider fans. BTW, what is a "Blue Raider." MTSU has that nickname as well, right? Does it have something to do with the ancient Britons who painted themselves blue when they went to war?

And we'll be honored to host you, R&B. McMillan gave us the most trouble, I think, because we weren't prepared at all for that threat -- the running QB. Houston did some damage, but nothing like McMillan, probably because the coaches started gaming for that kind of player. I know nothing about Cleveland. Enlighten us Blue Raider fans. BTW, what is a "Blue Raider." MTSU has that nickname as well, right? Does it have something to do with the ancient Britons who painted themselves blue when they went to war?

I have no clue what a Blue Raider is..but anyways.... We have some playmakers on offense, starting with our Junior QB, he's mainly a running QB, but does have the arm to throw the ball when needed. we have our super sophomores in Terrell Parks and Marcus Davis those to guys are studs to be so young. If they break out in the open field you can just forget about it. We have a senior reciever by the name of Dominic Macon, he's about 6'3 and he's kind of like our Randy Moss, in the sense that he will go up and get it. He had 9 catches for 130 yards against Rhea Co. In the backfield we have junior tailback Monte Scotten, who is a 1000 yard rusher. You will see multi offense sets from us, you will mainly see the I-formation(1 WR, 1 HB, 1 FB, 1 TE) and the Spread( 3 or 4 WR, 1 HB). Our downfall this year has been our defense. Our Pass defense is ok, because of the athletes we have in the secondary. Run defense is what hurts us. We gave up 300 yards rushing against Rhea and in the second half of the Red Bank game Red Bank ran it down our throats. At times the run defense has looked great, like 1st half against Red Bank. Turovers have plauged us all year long, if not for the turnovers we would probably be stitting some where like 9-1 or 8-2, with a home game this week. We have fumbled twice on our first play and had 4 turnovers in the first half against Rhea. Now tell me a little about Halls

clevelandfan - A few drops of info. about the Red Devils:

- A young team with a few, but very talented, seniors.

- Halls runs the ball well - SR Wesley Kitts (#12) is the man. He has 1,385 yards rushing. Also, I feel he would have over 1,500 yards if he would have played more than one series on Friday night (he had 60 yards on the first drive). Kitts averages about 8.5 yards per carry. Consider these other yards and averages - JR Kevin Waggoner (426 yards/7.5 yard average), SR Reece Kelley, who played only four games (186 yards/7 yard average).

- Without Kitts (who is hurt), these are the potential replacements: SO Zach Gibson (69 yards/9 yards per carry), JR Ryan Pixley (42 yards/4 yards per carry), and JR Chris McGill (68 yards/ 7 yards per carry).

- We don't pass a lot, but have been quiet effective lately. SR Daniel Dayton is as good as anyone around. He has 32 receptions for 506 yards this year - a 15.8 per catch average. However, his career average is somewhere around 22 yards per catch. Returns punts and kicks also.

- Basic Wing-T that comes straight at you. We don't have anyone like Rhea Co. McLeroy on the line, just a bunch of "no-names" that work pretty hard.

- Defense is lead by our LB's - JR Daniel Hodge (81 tackles), JR Chris McGill (62 tackles), JR Kevin Waggoner (52 tackles), and SR Jake Carr (45 tackles). SR Brent Hughes and JR Caleb Leonard are our best pass rushers on the line, and right now our best cover guy is SO Garrett Gresham. Secondary is being shuffled due to injuries.

- Overall, if healthy we will scrap with the best of um. However, with so many injuries, it will take a really good game from the Red Devils, a few breaks, and some mistakes on Clevelands part for us to win. One thing's for sure, we won't quit until the fat lady sings.

- Anyone have practice report - who is there, who is not, who looks healthy, who looks hurt, etc.?