Cmden vs. Fairveiw

Ctownfootball

It was Catfish by then thanks to Fairview beating Lewis Co. 21-7 that season in week eight and causing me to retire my original name. MAKES ME SAD TO REFLECT ON THAT MEMORY!!!!

I like Fairview because they are playing well right now. If they can run the football and control the clock then they are going to be tough to beat. The Yellow Jackets have a couple of defensive linemen that are big and good. You better block them. The young Cassidy is a very good player just as Cole was at FHS. Fairview endured some growing pains early and they are now on a roll.

It would be very easy for Camden to look ahead to either Goodpasture or CPA. IF THEY DO THEN FAIRVIEW WILL BE PLAYING NEXT WEEK & CAMDEN WILL BE BUYING TICKETS TO SEE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES!!!!

Overlooking anybody this late in the season would be foolish and the Camden coaches and players are anything but that. Fairview may be playing well but so is Camden..as good or better (probably) than that 2004 team I mentioned above. Can't wait for Friday...should be a good'un!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a rematch of the second round playoff game from 2004 that can be pinpointed as THE game that completely turned around the Camden program. Camden was having a great season...was 10-1, had beaten Lewis co 35-0 the previous game and Fairview's coach made a fatal mistake. He overlooked Camden, went to Huntingdon's coach and asked for Huntingdon game film, said Camden wasn't a very physical ball team and that he'd be seeing the Mustangs in the Quarters. Also there was a lot of smack talk on CoachT and Camden was considered a heavy underdog. Camden coaches and players got wind of it and then proceeded to destroy the Yellow Jackets 32-6. Fairview players came off the field that night and told the Lions that that was the hardest they had ever been hit in a game. From then on, Camden really started believing in themselves...that they could be winners and they could compete with anyone regardless. That philosophy is still alive and well in Benton Co and judging by the way the players have been seriously knocking skulls with opposing teams, I'd say they feel like they still have some things to prove to the non-believers. Camden 42-Fairview 7

Go LIONS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as food goes the Senior class is having a tailgate party right outside the stadium. They will be serving a plate dinner of hamburger, hotdogs, beans, dessert and drinks for $6. You can go put you stadium chair to save your seat and then come eat and support Project Graduation. We would appreciate all the support we can get. So come on over and have a burger with us!!

The only thing bigger than the old coaches ego was his head! He looked like a Zambrano bobble head the way his big head bobbed on the sidelines. IT is no wonder he supported the cubs considering they finish a season about as well as he finished that year. This years team should have a new perspective on winning not like the previous years head coach. If the man wasn't eating it was because his mouth was running with so many childish remarks that he reminded me of an afternoon special from the 80's. It seems his coaching comes from bad one liners from obscure teen movies never seen but for the few who lived in the great land of Iowa. Remember "you must get up to get down."

Camden Lions all the way to State!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> just remember never under estimate your opponents and play like the winners you are /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> will be at this game!! I also pray for a injury free game for both teams. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Go Lions Win!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As far as food goes the Senior class is having a tailgate party right outside the stadium. They will be serving a plate dinner of hamburger, hotdogs, beans, dessert and drinks for $6. You can go put you stadium chair to save your seat and then come eat and support Project Graduation. We would appreciate all the support we can get. So come on over and have a burger with us!!

I may do that as long as you don't mind me wearing my Fairview gear. I don't want to be heckled too much for supporting my alma mater. How is the visiting side bleachers at Camden?

I may do that as long as you don't mind me wearing my Fairview gear. I don't want to be heckled too much for supporting my alma mater. How is the visiting side bleachers at Camden?

Can't say it won't happen but the classer Lions fans would never "heckle." Come to Camden and be proud of your team. If my memory is correct, our visiting side is larger than Fairviews. They are open to underneath, but more comfortable than some of the schools that we have visited...

Can't say it won't happen but the classer Lions fans would never "heckle." Come to Camden and be proud of your team. If my memory is correct, our visiting side is larger than Fairviews. They are open to underneath, but more comfortable than some of the schools that we have visited...

Well if you see one Fairview fan among the Lion faithful than more than likely it is me. I will proudly support my team in hopes we may pull of an unlikely upset. Fairview has since expanded their vistor and home sitting. Its turned out to be a really nice facility. I just wante to make sure there would be plenty of seating for us Fairview fans. Good luck the the Lions and get ready for some hard hitting from both sides Friday night.