Cmden vs. Fairveiw

Ctownfootball

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT DEFENSE!!!!!!!.............Looked at the stats on the Tenn. what a heck of job! Congrads to Camden! Looks like Fairview is building something for next year.......way to turn it around this season and make the playoffs!

Go get em' Camden next week!

LOL...Stat_pack, I guess we are spoiled. I looked at the stats too and we had 300+ yards of offense...227 on the ground and held Fairview to 34 rushing yards. If we hadn't been in prevent D at the two minute mark they never would have had 97 yards passing to go with the 4 picks. Camden's D was stout...just seemed like the O was out of sync most of the night. Berry could have had 200+ yards passing if we could have held on to a few more...anyway I guess the stats tell the real tale. Way to go Lions!

LOL...Stat_pack, I guess we are spoiled. I looked at the stats too and we had 300+ yards of offense...227 on the ground and held Fairview to 34 rushing yards. If we hadn't been in prevent D at the two minute mark they never would have had 97 yards passing to go with the 4 picks. Camden's D was stout...just seemed like the O was out of sync most of the night. Berry could have had 200+ yards passing if we could have held on to a few more...anyway I guess the stats tell the real tale. Way to go Lions!

Congrats to the Lions, L4E, sorry we won't be coming up a seeing ya'll again. Good luck against the Cougars, should be a good game.

If you can get your offense to catch up to your "D", it would make for one heck of team. Hopefully next week the "O" will click, that would make for a very interesting game..Nothing but the best of luck to the Camden Team!!!

Fairview's D showed up tonite were very physical. Tonite was pretty much a Defensive struggle. But penalties didn't help us much either.

Congrats to the Lions, L4E, sorry we won't be coming up a seeing ya'll again. Good luck against the Cougars, should be a good game.

We'll miss you and the Big man in the box for sure...but it sounds like you guys left it all on the field and played one heck of a ballgame. Good luck next season...we'll reserve seats in the box for you guys about this time next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just got back from the game and it was a great game like I expected. Coming into this game, many on here and around Middle TN thought Camden would just roll over Fairview. That was not the case. Fairview's D came to play and kept the team in the game all night. They had the bend but don't break mentality, which is why the yard total was so high for Camden. Camden's receivers could not hold onto anything tonight, they could have busted it open a couple of times if they come through with some plays.

The turning point in the game came with under a minute to go in the 1st half. Fairview has the ball around midfield and instead of being content with a 0-0 tie at halftime in a game many thought you ad no business being in, they decided to throw the ball and make a terrible mistake by throwing an interception. Camden drives down and scores right before half. I told a friend at halftime, that it was ball game, the first team to score was going to win tonight.

Some observations from the game (you can choose to agree or disagree)

1. Camden took Fairview lightly. The fans, the players, and coaches seemed like this was going to be a walk in the park. Fairview on the other hand came in a believed they could not only play with Camden but beat them. Neither side's fans were very supportive tonight.

2. Fairview didn't take advantage of what Camden was giving them. In the 2nd half, on the 2nd drive, Fairview began to drive the ball by running up the middle on Camden. The coach then proceeds to get away from that and call two passing plays. Camden only had seven in the box, and when we ran right at them on that drive we were getting 5-6 yards a carry. You have to stick with what works. Also Fairview kept rolling left, which was a bad idea. One because the QB had to set and throw and two Camden was getting great pressure from that side.

3. Fairview was just as physical as Camden. Fairview proved tonight that even though they are undersized, they will come at you and not back down.

4. Camden has to get more diverse in their offense. Basically the same 4 running plays (Sweep, Scissors, Dive, Off Tackle). When you get to the ABC schools they will eat that up. However, if Camden can catch the ball, their passing game will relieve some of the pressure of the running game.

5. You can't turnover the ball 4 times and expect to win. Fairview's passing game has lacked all season and it showed tonight. Basically we were handing the ball to the Camden defenders. To win you must protect the ball.

6. Camden will get beat next week, unless they step up their game. The team I saw out there tonight would not be within 3 TDs of Hickman Co. or Lewis Co. I trust that they are better than this. However, I am was not impressed with them tonight as a whole. Playoff time you have to play every game like it is your last and I didn't see that from Camden tonight.

I would of liked to seen Fairview run out the clock in the 1st half and then I think this game would of had a different outcome. Fairview gave too much respect to the Camden defense in the 2nd half. The defense was wearing down, but passing the ball only gave them time to rest. If we go right at them in the 2nd half good things could have happened. It was a nice atmosphere there tonight, except I was expecting more from what I was told by others. Most of the fans were nice and friendly. I may be coming back next week to see what Goodpasture has in store for the Lions.

Congrats to the Fairview players, you guys went through a lot this season on and off the field. But you guys improved every week and you played your hearts out tonight. No one should question the effort of this team. I enjoyed watching you guys progress through the season into one heck of a team. I hope ALL the fans and parents in the stands took note of the effort by the Jackets tonight and will begin to support the players and the staff 100%. Once again, congrats to Fairview, you made this alumnus proud with your play on the field tonight.