Warren County @ Riverdale

CantStopTheChop

riverdale got some much needed reality checks the past 2 weeks but still came out flexing their muscles. we have proven we can respond when down and win the close ones, i have seen some riverdale teams struggle doing that in the past because its something that doesnt happen often. we have been playing like the titans, shooting ourselves but showing our strength by doing enough to get the W. its time to pick the level of play up and it starts this week.

with that being said, this game should give some of our guys time to rest up before the playoffs get really tough. LT david summerall went down with an injury last night and was on crutches after the game, dont know the status on him. our long snapper carson tinker came in and did well a guy who could probably start at any other school in our region so we dont have a whole lot to worry about, but i hope we have summerall back by round 2.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to see us get at least three TDs ahead and start using some players that we will be playing next year and maybe deep in the playoffs. Always good to get the second string some game experience.

Anybody know what kind of passing game WC has? For that matter what offense do they have period?

j v has had only 2 games this yr

Exactly my point. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We have to start with the underclassmen's game training in every possible place where we can get it. Some teams are already doing it.....ie Smyrna starting two Freshmen all year. Blackman has been playing ALOT of underclassmen all year.

This also gives us an opportunity to see their true capabilities as to where we SHOULD be playing them in the future.

Exactly my point. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We have to start with the underclassmen's game training in every possible place where we can get it. Some teams are already doing it.....ie Smyrna starting two Freshmen all year. Blackman has been playing ALOT of underclassmen all year.

This also gives us an opportunity to see their true capabilities as to where we SHOULD be playing them in the future.

i agree but what do you do ????

that is not d hy did we only 2? they do not play enough during games to get experience why are we not playing JV games?

its a start at jv but to get then in you need to put some points on the board, which we have but not enough to get them in , thyat have some good players waiting to play and i think they will step up if called upon

its a start at jv but to get then in you need to put some points on the board, which we have but not enough to get them in , thyat have some good players waiting to play and i think they will step up if called upon

I know we havent gotten any big leads and we very rarely will anymore which is why it really concerns me that we have only had 2 JV games

I know we havent gotten any big leads and we very rarely will anymore which is why it really concerns me that we have only had 2 JV games

maybe in the next game they might have a chance to play , from what ive seen they play hard /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These teams are playing freshmen out of need. I would rather have the depth of talent and less experience than have to depend on freshmen in 5A. I do wish we would play some of the younger players more but glad we do not have to depend on them like some teams.

This is a shame and something I have not understood since I have been following high school football here. With 8 teams in the region you should have at least 7 jv games per year. It would benefit all the teams to do this. It would be an issue if you did not have the numbers on your team. All the teams in 4 5A, except maybe WC, have enough players to have a jv squad and play a 7 game schedule.