Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

this is going to be a close one. independence clearly has the edge as far as offensive line goes, with pettigrew doubling as a running back and reciever. gallatin, however, has an obvious advantage as when you look at special teams and overall speed. Their defense should give IHS's offense a run for their money. for what it's worth, my pick has to go to IHS, in a fourth quarter 45-12 victory.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be a close one. independence clearly has the edge as far as offensive line goes, with pettigrew doubling as a running back and reciever. gallatin, however, has an obvious advantage as when you look at special teams and overall speed. Their defense should give IHS's offense a run for their money. for what it's worth, my pick has to go to IHS, in a fourth quarter 45-12 victory.

Your comments and prediction don't match up very well. You said "their defense should give IHS a run for their money" and yet score 45 points on them? I'd say thats more than an edge its a spankin

Were you at the Ravenwood game? It was far from a lucky game. Becker bit on the pump by Heckman, which left Veres wide open for the scoore and the lead. No luck there, just pure football. Then Fowler made a great pick to finish it off. It was no luck, just good football and the better team came out on top. I find it hard to figure out why so many people can't give Indy credit for what they accomplished towards the end of the year this year by calling their wins lucky and acting like Indy didn't earn it.

Yes, I watched the game. Ravenwood had a very down year this year they only beat one team with a winning record and that was Franklin. Becker is an amazing athlete, a three year veteran varsity player if you don't think your sophmore qb didn't have a little luck on his side your a fool. But hey maybe Indy really is the best team to ever take the field and needed no luck because they are just THAT good. I guess no need wishing you luck friday because your team don't need it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Gallatin happens to pull the upset, be prepared to be cussed out and have things thrown at you as you leave the football field. The Independence Student body doesn't act very classy in defeat.

I have to give credit where its due. I didn't see any of that behavior. I even witnessed some of Indy's parents praising opposing team players no complaints here. I hope some of the Gallatin fans can get to the stadium while its still light out because it is a beautiful stadium to play at.

Yes, I watched the game. Ravenwood had a very down year this year they only beat one team with a winning record and that was Franklin. Becker is an amazing athlete, a three year veteran varsity player if you don't think your sophmore qb didn't have a little luck on his side your a fool. But hey maybe Indy really is the best team to ever take the field and needed no luck because they are just THAT good. I guess no need wishing you luck friday because your team don't need it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled the 2 quotes of yours for comparison. You said:

It LOOKS like Indy handled Ravenwood easily but it was a lucky win that easily could have went the other way when Ravenwood just broke down with just a few minutes left in the fourth and gave up I think 21 points 14 in the last 28 seconds.

You also said:

if you don't think your sophmore qb didn't have a little luck on his side your a fool.

There is a difference between "a lucky win" and "a little luck."

Go rain on someone else's parade. What's a matter, is your team out of the playoffs?

Sam, have you ever seen Gallatin play? Just curious. I wouldn't say Indy has an obvious advantage up front...the Wave almost always has a bunch of big boys up front that can control both lines of scrimmage. I would say that Indy probably has more overall speed at the skill positions with special teams being a wash.

Sam, have you ever seen Gallatin play? Just curious. I wouldn't say Indy has an obvious advantage up front...the Wave almost always has a bunch of big boys up front that can control both lines of scrimmage. I would say that Indy probably has more overall speed at the skill positions with special teams being a wash.

Gallatin is much smaller up front this year donathon, nobody on the D line is very big except Gleaves.

You don't need to quote the stats from the Tennessean to me since I provided the stats to them. BA and MBA stop a lot of good running backs and Pettigrew was not 100% healthy. Did anyone else for IHS have good yardage? No. Franklin jumped up 21-0 and IHS went away from the run because they fell behind. I would also say those 3 teams have pretty good defenses. Brentwood did a great job od taking away the run. Why not mention Ravenwood and Northeast also. I don't have them in front of me but he had around 50 vs Ravenwood and ~160 vs Northeast.

My point is that coaches scheme to stop the running game, whomever the back is, and not just one running back. Do you honestly think that Head coaches scour over this forum to devise their game plan? They use game film, not forum posters to find weaknesses.

Well I guess you haven't been involved in going over a scouting report for a team's next opponent. Because if you had you would most certainly know that you do scout against a particular running back as well as against the running game in general. To elaborate: you identify his number or possibly even name when watching film and going over the scouting report in preparation the week before the game.

And no i do not think coaches get on here and find weaknesses against their opponents. I was being sarcastic. Wait, take that back there was one..."Batman Was A Tree Hugger," if I remember right....Nevermind, I'm not sure what he did to be honest with you.

And there was no reason to mention Ravenwood and Northeast. I think I got my point across with the other 8 schools. And this thread is open for anyone to read not just you Tnsparty, that is why I posted the stats.

The point being made is that you have invalidated every single one of Indy's wins. Indy fans aren't saying they are the best team to ever take the field. They are just pointing out that they have a solid team out in Thompson's Station.

On a separate note, who do you root for, Merrill?

If Gallatin happens to pull the upset, be prepared to be cussed out and have things thrown at you as you leave the football field. The Independence Student body doesn't act very classy in defeat.

As an IHS fan/student for 3 years, I can say I have never seen a majority of the student body act like you say we do. I, personally, have congratulated players like Chris Jordan, Ben Bartholomew, and Preston Bailey becuase I enjoy watching quality players go out and play a good game. Just because there are some bad apples in our stands does not mean our whole fan base our a bunch of jerks.