Rockwood vs. GP

Took

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Shiverdecker, family problems, parent sick, kid moved in with family GET OVER IT.

Well then, they were not "all home grown talent" were they? You get over it and get real. I also understand that you currently have a player or two that should be playing at A-E or is that also due to "family problems"? Regards.

i would almost bet that a 1a midway team could handle the 3a tellico bears and give 3a sequoyah a really close game. just b/c there 3a doesn't mean anything, so rockwood is def played a tougher schedule than gp.

o yea going back to the wet field. i guess it came severe thunderstorms every year before the playoffs b/c in 04 and 06 it looked like hurricane andrew had came through there.

So let's get this straight. Last year, GP gets bashed for playing a weak schedule because they played some A programs and bet each handily, one of which was Midway. They try to fix that by playing larger schools and they still get bashed. Of course following your logic, if Midway gave Seqouyah a close game, that would be a GP blowout.

As for Alcoa's talent being home grown, wasn't Brian Sommer on that team as well. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't he from Karns.

Well then, they were not "all home grown talent" were they? You get over it and get real. I also understand that you currently have a player or two that should be playing at A-E or is that also due to "family problems"? Regards.

Well you show me where I said they were all home grown talent and I will get over it. I bet there are some sub par players that have also switched schools but you aren't complaining about them. Alcoachamps said that. Name the players that should play for A.E. The fact that good players choose to play for Alcoa does not mean we go find them. I am about sick of all this jealousy. I am sure at this point many of the people with issues with Alcoa are a nice shade of green. I think the name of the shade I am thinking of is envy, ever heard of it.

Rockwoods schedule and tough games will have them ready to represent region 2 in this one. I thinkt hey put most of region 2 together in round 1 to give other regions a break this year.

So let's get this straight. Last year, GP gets bashed for playing a weak schedule because they played some A programs and bet each handily, one of which was Midway. They try to fix that by playing larger schools and they still get bashed. Of course following your logic, if Midway gave Seqouyah a close game, that would be a GP blowout.

Midway would kill Sequoyah. If you want to play a tougher schedule then call Kingston, Loudon, Sweetwater, Catholic or someone like that. Tellico Plains and Sequoyah would not even make the playoffs in Region 2 Class A.

OK OK all this talk coming from all the fans is killing me... wether Alcoa recruits or not we will never know and i dont really care. This isnt Alcoa and GP its Rockwood. Seen Rockwood play CAK they a decent football team and thats what ill list us (GP) as a decent football team until we prove we can beat a region 2 school. Nothing the players can do about the schedule or the conference they get stuck in, after last season we went all the way to Kentucky to find better teams to fit our schedule and ended up having to pay Tellico Plains just to have 10 games, so trust me we tried to strengthen the schedule other then that i wish FRIDAY was already here we gotta lot to prove. CANT WAIT.

I agree.

I know that GP is a good team and can't help the fact they play in a weak region. I just hate to hear them say that their AAA opponents makes it a tough schedule. Tellico Plains is a AA school that is playing up and they're awful. Sequoyah is just as bad and Pigeon Forge is certainly not a powerhouse.

GP can win and should be confident because they are a good team. Rockwood also can win and they are also a confident club. Should make for a good game.

i know that we played you'll in the regular season in i believe 01 & 02 and beat you all pretty good, and after that we never heard from you again. yeah u tried to beef up ur schedule by getting one of the worse teams in 3a tellico and a rebuilding team in sequoyah, but until u beat a sweetwater, loudon, cak, etc. i dont think u can talk about the playoffs and stuff

getting to the game though rockwood is a physical team which i know gp would rather play than a finesse team. i dont know what the weather will be like but i can probably guess it'll be muddy. i've heard that gp has a good offense but can it score on rockwood and will gp be able to stop 41 and the qb. my guess is that rockwood plays a tough physical game and wins by 2 tds and then makes it all the way to the quarterfinals

I agree with you Coach webb will have my baby and the other tigers ready to play friday night!my baby must throw for 200 yds. though to help the tigers win bc g.p.'s home fed boys are pretty big on the line with all guys over 250!!so i expect my baby to throw for 4 t.d.'s and 2 rush for t.d.'s and 12 tackles also!!go tigers!!!

We are in trouble. Everytime bb1 gets on here and talks about how her baby is going to do this and that he has a terrible night passing! Please don't say anything else about his passing! We need him to thread the needle friday night and not run 20 yard backward and then miss his receivers by a mile. He is a good qb and we need him to be on his game friday. Don't know anything about gp behind out I look for it to be a close game. I stand behind our coaches 100%. I sure don't agree with every call but they work hard and take the time to try to teach these boys and help them. A coach is the last job I would ever want because you sure can't please everybody ( ask Phillip Fulmer!). Everybody get out and make the trip to Gatlingburg and lets support our team!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are you pup? Did vick finally catch you. we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!