Region 1-1A

GiveMeWingsss

when it's all said and done, we all know who will be the MVP. the kids from jellico and grace dont really have a shot at it and I can never remember the MVP going to an defensive player like estep. it will be michael lunsford. he has threw for a lot of TD's and ran for a lot of TD's (pujo give us some stats on Michael and Hughes). The only one that is close is Jordan Hughes. Hughes will still win the Offensive POY. If somebody from Hampton didn't win the MVP it would be a joke. They flat out embarrassed every team in the conference...

Why wouldn't the kids from these 2 teams have a chance? There are good ball players on these teams just like the ones that play on your teams.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MVP will be and SHOULD be M. Lunsford. When we played em we did a descent job of shutting down the run (not great just descent) and he torched us for 5-6 TD passes, and they werent easy stat padding throws either. he stood in there against pressure and made great decisions and solid passes all night. We lost 51-7 without lunsford the game would have been much much MUCH closer. Not saying we would have won but the game would have been really tight.

when it's all said and done, we all know who will be the MVP. the kids from jellico and grace dont really have a shot at it and I can never remember the MVP going to an defensive player like estep. it will be michael lunsford. he has threw for a lot of TD's and ran for a lot of TD's (pujo give us some stats on Michael and Hughes). The only one that is close is Jordan Hughes. Hughes will still win the Offensive POY. If somebody from Hampton didn't win the MVP it would be a joke. They flat out embarrassed every team in the conference...

I don't really know either of these kids stats, both have alot of td's. I agree that it should go to a Hampton player since they domlnated the Region. Dustin Jaynes had a big year, Milhorn and Newburn are also big on both dides of the ball, Irick is a heck of a player ,just had a tough time with nagging injuries. The line is always the key to winning teams, they never get enough credit. Whoever get it, its a big honor and something they can look back on for the rest of their lives. Its really just a decision all the Coaches have to hash out.I'm more into team trophies. Hope we end up with a big one. A Gold ball is what this bunch of seniors deserves. Idoubt there is a more deserving bunch in the state. Oh yeah , Jc Campbell is probably the most deserving Coach in the state also. He is not just a Coach, he has been teaching life lessons for a long time. I'm a big fan. He's the kind of Man I would trust to teach my kids the things it takes to get through life. He also has an outstanding group of true leaders around him. Hats off to everyone involved, a fine group of Kids and Coaches.

What about Wannamaker & Amos from Grace? What about Buckner from Jellico? They are probably the best athletes in the region. I don't see how Lunsford would be MVP if all he does is hand the ball off. No offense to him but thats their offense. And if anybody from Cloudland won something, it should be Tipton. I just dont want to see anybody get robbed.

Im pretty sure he has 27 total TD's, 17 passing 10 rushing, so he does a little more than hand the ball off. and he helped lead his team to an undefeated season.

No question the Buckner kid from Jellico had a good season. I would like to know if his stats were better than the QB's stats from Grace. They chuck the nugget and chuck it well. I would like to see a defense with that offense. If the stats from Grace and Jellico are similar, the awards go to Grace for their playoff birth. Jellico is practicing basketball week 11. But Grace's coach has NO CLUE! They may score with Midway but Midway might put up Arkansas like rushing numbers. Why did they get rid of Saterfield?

Has to go to someone from Hampton seeing how they are undefeatd and demolished everyone in their region. Lunsford is probably the best choice, he has quitely put up impressive stats. Jellico quarterback having 26 of 36 TD's, I don't know if I brag about that. As pujo said, he's definelty the MVP of Jellico. If Lunsford went out of a game, could Hampton still function. I think so. Too many weapons, but wen he is in there he adds another level of playing, that's what an MVP does. Although I could make cases for others on Hamptons team, but I think that Lunsofrd is the obvious choice. IMO.

Has to go to someone from Hampton seeing how they are undefeatd and demolished everyone in their region. Lunsford is probably the best choice, he has quitely put up impressive stats. Jellico quarterback having 26 of 36 TD's, I don't know if I brag about that. As pujo said, he's definelty the MVP of Jellico. If Lunsford went out of a game, could Hampton still function. I think so. Too many weapons, but wen he is in there he adds another level of playing, that's what an MVP does. Although I could make cases for others on Hamptons team, but I think that Lunsofrd is the obvious choice. IMO.

Hampton has more weapons than most of the teams in the region, some of these teams have to rely on a couple of people. Balance makes for a better team and lower stats, Another thing is Hampton's varsity got alot less playing time than anyone else in the region. Its hard to add numbers on the bench.