Coalfield @ Hampton

HHSDAWG

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is we played hard until the bitter end ,we were just outmanned. Just as proud this evening as I was this morning. The good thing is all of theirs move up next year and we get nearly all of ours back. We'll be back.

Plus, when you got a bunch of kids who are having fun in practice, you know you have something special. I hope the folks around your community appreciate the work you and the other coaches put in. Not easy at all. It will be good for the HS program and good for the boys in general! Good luck next year.

Might be making my first trip to Hampton sooner than next year! It's getting exciting now!

i think it will be a close one if coalfield can pull together and play a complete game i think it will be close Coalfield can win this one but they have to play tough i say Coalfield-10 Hampton-7

BillyBob, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!

You think Midway drilled ya? You'll be singin a different tune Saturday after the dogs have their way with ya, it aint gonna be pretty!

I think Coalfield is a better team than their record shows, I know for sure they have several good players. The new season starts Friday night and both teams come in at 0 and 0. Were not playing a bunch of chumps.I do think Hampton is the better team and if we play to our potential, we'll be alright.

Play-off time! Now the fun starts! First up, Coalfield. Coalfield has a rich tradtion behind them, and we have a long history with them ourselves. I know they lost quite a big bunch from last years' team, hence the 5-5 record, but I'm sure they'll give everything they've got. All Hampton has to think of to get the right frame of mind this: the first-round shocker that CAK gave Cloudland up in Roan Mountain a few years back. Cloudland was undefeated, #1 in the state, and playing at home against a #4 seed. When all was said and done, CAK had the upset, and Cloudland's run of glory was over. Being the favorite and highly ranked is dandy, but you still have to take care of business. I'm sure that JC and Lunceford are preaching this already, so hopefully the 'Dogs will come out fired up and do it right friday night, after all, this what they've worked so hard for all season: the play-off run. GO DOGS!