John Oerton at Franklin

shsfootball80

it was an ok game on both sides.. (though overton did get a little rowdy) but their d line started off really well... it looked like they were going both ways though...

and yes bwood fellows we were looking foward to a game but i guess Hunters Lane will have to do /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

by the way our 40-6 scrimmage doesnt mean anything they beat a (very) tough brentwood team

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna go with overton....simply because they can run the ball....and franklin cant stop the run.........brentwood ran all over franklin and know overton will do the same......overton by 14

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Boy, were you out to lunch on that one!

Franklin not only stopped the run, but they ran all over Overton. It was a beautiful sight! Overton couldn't even score until Franklin played their scout team!

vroom [

I have been watching this franklin team...yes there offense struggled at the beginning...but look at the change, the backs have been hitting the holes with steam and the offensive line have pounded the defensive lines...It is Old time football...aka smashmouth....If the REBS continue to dominate their defensive counterparts, combined with a very impressive speedy, defense...LOOK OUT!

and that perfectly fine.......i and my teams can say we gave it everythign we had...and ...when we look back who did we beat bothin the same year,,,,franklin and ravenwood,,,,,,...

bitter much? regular season means nothing when playoffs come around. franklin is still in it, brentwood is not. end of story.

bitter much? regular season means nothing when playoffs come around. franklin is still in it, brentwood is not. end of story.

no im not the bitter cause we were playing the number 1 seed..........and plus i have another 2 years at bwood so me and my teamates r gonna bring heck next year and the year after..but i will say franklin shocked me.......so.....yea........

I said I would come on here if I was wrong - way to go Franklin! - but you have a tough opponent next week - due to all the crap about your coach I hope you go all the way to shut those folks up!

Thanks for the kind words...and mature attitude. Hunters Lane will be tough, but I think Franklin can meet the challenge! Also, I agree...it's past time to shut up those folks! Whining and bad mouthing coaches, starting nasty unfounded rumors and destroying their character - without personally having a sit down conversation with them, discussing your concerns, listening to the coaches', understanding that both of you will disagree sometimes - is detrimental to the team, other students, the school, community, and county. We are intelligent individuals who are able to express our 'concerns' without resorting to a baser level.

There is no place for 'football dads' who yell at the coaches during the game, run to the coaches after the game with loud, angry voices attacking the coach's game calls, strategy, substitutions, asking belligerently why their son didn't get more playing time, complaining about how the coach is hurting their son's chances to get on a college team, challenging the coach's decision to play their son in a certain position, accusing the coach of not playing their son who is "better" than the players he used, going so far as to jump over the fence to tell their son how he should listen to his father teach him the position he plays and what to do on the field, not the coach, using inappropriate language....in essence acting in an offensive manner in the public arena of a football field with other adults and children around who are trying to visit with their sons. This kind of behavior is too often seen and heard on football fields during and after games - wins and losses! Maybe that's why coaches have police security surrounding them! Maybe high schools need to hire security for their coaches....or better yet, eject those dads! These are the folks I'd like to see shut up!

As you can tell, in my many, many years of attending and watching high school football games, my pleasure is being impeded by these individuals! And yes, I know freedom of speech.....yada...yada...yada...but it's setting a real negative atmosphere that turns my stomach.

Okay...off my soap box...

GO REBELS!