AE @ Seymour

Digger20

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE had a tough game with a Kingston team that was peaking at the end of the season, was it a hangover from Fulton? I think that Seymour is a pretty good team. I said in the preseason that they would vie for the region title, and they came pretty darn close. I think that they are playing good football right now and have the ability to win this game...but their offensive gameplan may spell their doom. If you look at the games AE has had trouble in, 3 out of 4: Webb, Catholic, and Kingston, are tough running, tight formation teams for the most part. This tells me that a hard hitting, trapping, running team has had a better time with them than the spread teams, Carter and Brainard. If Seymour throws some changes at the Roadrunners, and mixes up the playcalls, they have a pretty good shot at the win and upset(I know Seymour is higher ranked, but we all know that AE is the favorite). If Seymour goes spread the whole game, AE wins 34-10. If Seymour mixes the pot a little, Seymour wins 31-27.

AE had a tough game with a Kingston team that was peaking at the end of the season, was it a hangover from Fulton? I think that Seymour is a pretty good team. I said in the preseason that they would vie for the region title, and they came pretty darn close. I think that they are playing good football right now and have the ability to win this game...but their offensive gameplan may spell their doom. If you look at the games AE has had trouble in, 3 out of 4: Webb, Catholic, and Kingston, are tough running, tight formation teams for the most part. This tells me that a hard hitting, trapping, running team has had a better time with them than the spread teams, Carter and Brainard. If Seymour throws some changes at the Roadrunners, and mixes up the playcalls, they have a pretty good shot at the win and upset(I know Seymour is higher ranked, but we all know that AE is the favorite). If Seymour goes spread the whole game, AE wins 34-10. If Seymour mixes the pot a little, Seymour wins 31-27.

Mineyhaole you make a very good point if seymour tries driving down there throught then seymour can win if they try throwing they will get killed if they run seymour 24-19 if they throw a-e 42-14

I'm not looking ahead but if I can remember 3 years ago I think or maybe longer then that, Seymour beat the Roadrunners in the 1st round of the playoffs. It's probably been like 5 years ago to be exact. I see this being a good game. It all depends on which Roadrunner team shows up.. But as the saying goes, It's hard beating AE so I"m going with my boys in this game again....

It was kind of funny reading on the FUlton thread that Fulton JV team could beat Rutledge.. That was funny there I hope Rutledge beat FUlton just because of that comment...

The overriding consensus from most (especially Region 2 fans) is that the Region 1 teams have no prayer of winning any games. I was a subscriber to this for most of the week, but the more I think about it if the 2 and 3 seeds (Seymour and Rutledge) don't turn the ball over and can control the clock this could be Region 2's worst nightmare...however...I will still concede it's going to be an extremely tall task for the Region 1 teams to win especially on the road.

The Region 2 fans need to hope the players aren't overlooking the games much like Region 2 fans are right now.

AC over Carter by 5

A-E over Seymour by 10

Futlon over Rutledge by 15

Catholic over Gibbs by 35

Come on Miney and Kev, you guys are smarter than that. Miney, most times you make some sense but this time it sounds like you're just talking to hear yourself talk. Kev, I understand, I'd like to see region 1 take a couple of games but ain't gonna happen, especially not in this one. Best case, seymour keeps it respectable.