Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

Does anyone have any predictions for this region? Will Claiborne Co. continue it's winning ways with a new coach and only a few players back from last year? Will Rutledge be the top team with almost everyone returning and with the scoring duo of Ashlee Acuff and Kendall Brabson, should be a good one if they can keep their knees healthy? Or will another team be a supriser? If anyone has any predictions tell us about them. ptguard12 do you know this region and district good enough to give any predictions?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to think that Claiborne (always strong) and Rutledge would be the two teams to beat in this district.

I might even be tempted to give Rutledge the nod, since they only lost two players (Johnson and Kacey Roach) to graduation. I know Claiborne lost a bit more, but they usually just re-load! lol Not sure how well the new coach will fare taking over for a hard-to-replace Dayton Parkey, but I would certainly expect them to challenge for the district crown.

The other teams, if I recall correctly, lost between 3-5 players each to graduation. Gatlinburg-Pittman probably lost the most quality minutes due to graduation; Cumberland Gap and Union Co. both have new coaches as well, while Coach Conchita Johnson returns for yet another season to lead Pigeon Forge.

I could be dead wrong, but I feel like there may be a bit more parity in the district this year.

r X 2

I would have easily given Claiborne the advantage. With Coach Parkey gone and the fact that several players have quit plus the numerous problems that have occurred between the new coach and the team, I would make Rutledge and possibly G-P the favorites. Claiborne's program may be headed in a downhill direction.

I would have easily given Claiborne the advantage. With Coach Parkey gone and the fact that several players have quit plus the numerous problems that have occurred between the new coach and the team, I would make Rutledge and possibly G-P the favorites. Claiborne's program may be headed in a downhill direction.

What's happened to Claiborne's team? Isn't their new coach union ounty's coach from last year? She seemed like a pretty tough coach for them last year, but just couldn't get them to do much. I didn't know players had quit from last years team, do they just not like the coach or do the parents have a problem with the coach making their girls quit playing? Does sound like a hard time to come in Claiborne Co. Also heard that one of the Rutledge girls may be out for season due to an injury, anyone know anything about that. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I don't know why anybody would think Claiborne is going down hill. Most of the girls that are playing and the ones that quit, Coach Cook has coached in middle school and lead them to 30-0 and 28-2 seasons. The group of sophomores that are playing won the East Tennessee State tournament in middle school. Does feeder programs not have alot to do with a team's success? With the exception of one starter, these girls practiced hard against last year's very successful team. No doubt the competition they gave in practice helped last year's team to have the great season they did. The problems. Alot of the problems that have occured stem from alot of people (adults) running their mouths because they didn't get their choice of a new head coach. Alot of young minds have been polluted by various comments against Coach Cook. This team has already proven theirselves by defeating top ranked teams from last year and losing to others by only a handful of points. Most of these teams were 3A teams and a State Championship team. Downhill no! Down the road to a championship yes!!

I don't know why anybody would think Claiborne is going down hill. Most of the girls that are playing and the ones that quit, Coach Cook has coached in middle school and lead them to 30-0 and 28-2 seasons. The group of sophomores that are playing won the East Tennessee State tournament in middle school. Does feeder programs not have alot to do with a team's success? With the exception of one starter, these girls practiced hard against last year's very successful team. No doubt the competition they gave in practice helped last year's team to have the great season they did. The problems. Alot of the problems that have occured stem from alot of people (adults) running their mouths because they didn't get their choice of a new head coach. Alot of young minds have been polluted by various comments against Coach Cook. This team has already proven theirselves by defeating top ranked teams from last year and losing to others by only a handful of points. Most of these teams were 3A teams and a State Championship team. Downhill no! Down the road to a championship yes!!

I agree with mrv1 that there are other off court issues that surround the new coach. Sure parents were upset because they wanted a proven winner as their new coach. All parents want that. Coach Cook did win at the middel school but so has every other coach that has been there. I've coached little league and have went undefeated over the last 3 seasons. Does that make me a great coach. NO. Let's discuss her high school record at Union County over the last few seasons. I believe that UC finished in last palce in the district every year she was the head coach. Correct me but I believe her district record was 1 win and 35 losses. Her winning percentage was under 25%. If you are going to defend her use actual stats that are pertinent. The record and actions as a coach stand for themselves. It is amazing that the same problems that are occurring at Claiborne happened at UC also. Explain this.

• 2 months later...

Bump As of now the district standings are Pigeon Forge 4-1, Rutledge 4-2 Cumberland Gap 3-1, Claiborne 2-3, Gatlinburg Pittman 2-3, Union 0-5 as CoachT has them right now.

Pigeon Forge Has Left Cumberland Gap and Gatlinburg Pittman at home @ Rutledge and Claiborne at Home

Rutledge has left Claiborne and Pigeon Forge at Home, @Cumberland Gap and Union at home.

Cumberland Gap has left @ Pigeon Forge, @ Union and Gatlinburg Pittman at home.

Claiborne Has left Union at home @ Rutledge, Cumberland Gad and Gatlinburg Pittman at home and @ Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg Pittman Has left @ Pigeon Forge, Union at Home,@ Claiborne, and @ Cumberland Gap

Union Has Left @ Claiborne,Cumberland Gap at Home, @ Gatlinburg Pittman, Pigeon Forge at Home and @ Rutledge

So who has the best shot at the #1 seed come Tournament time? Who has 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th?

What do you think? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bump As of now the district standings are Pigeon Forge 4-1, Rutledge 4-2 Cumberland Gap 3-1, Claiborne 2-3, Gatlinburg Pittman 2-3, Union 0-5 as CoachT has them right now.

Pigeon Forge Has Left Cumberland Gap and Gatlinburg Pittman at home @ Rutledge and Claiborne at Home

Rutledge has left Claiborne and Pigeon Forge at Home, @Cumberland Gap and Union at home.

Cumberland Gap has left @ Pigeon Forge, @ Union and Gatlinburg Pittman at home.

Claiborne Has left Union at home @ Rutledge, Cumberland Gad and Gatlinburg Pittman at home and @ Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg Pittman Has left @ Pigeon Forge, Union at Home,@ Claiborne, and @ Cumberland Gap

Union Has Left @ Claiborne,Cumberland Gap at Home, @ Gatlinburg Pittman, Pigeon Forge at Home and @ Rutledge

So who has the best shot at the #1 seed come Tournament time? Who has 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th?

What do you think? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here are my picks...

1. Pigeon Forge

2. Cumberland Gap

3. Rutledge

3. Gatlinburg-Pittman

5. Claiborne

6. Union

Pigeon Forge will be hard to beat, but there are still some upsets lurking out there.

I will predict that District 1 will win three out of four in the first round of the Regional tournament. South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Elizabethton are all pretty strong. Happy Valley or West Greene will be the fourth team and could upset your #1. I may be wrong, but I think District 1 is stronger this year.

I will predict that District 1 will win three out of four in the first round of the Regional tournament. South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Elizabethton are all pretty strong. Happy Valley or West Greene will be the fourth team and could upset your #1. I may be wrong, but I think District 1 is stronger this year.

Regardless of how correct your predictions may be, there is probably a District 1 thread somewhere that you can post your predictions for the schools in that District.

Here are my picks...

1. Pigeon Forge

2. Cumberland Gap

3. Rutledge

3. Gatlinburg-Pittman

5. Claiborne

6. Union

Pigeon Forge will be hard to beat, but there are still some upsets lurking out there.

GC Grizzlies,

It looks like your picks may be right on! By Friday night we should know for sure. Coach 17 may be correct about Region1 as well based on what has happened thus far. You were also right on about the Upsets Lurking of there. Do you have any tipps on Loto number you might want to share? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />