7-5A vs 8-5A

kwc

With the situation that happened to Bolton (It's tempting to not self report infractions after this fiasco) affecting the seeding and teams admitted into the playoffs from 7-5A. Let's get some chit-chat going on this part of the bracket. (Keeping in mind that the Bolton forfiets added a W to all of the 7-5A teams records except Millington)

1.] (7-5A) Millington {10-0}

vs

4.] (8-5A) Collierville {6-4}

2.] (8-5A) Whitehaven {9-1}

vs

3.] (7-5A) Ridgeway {5-5}

On the other side of the bracket we have:

1.] (8-5A) White Station {10-0}

vs

4.] (7-5A) Cordova {4-6}

2.] (7-5A) Arlington {7-3}

vs

3.) (8-5A) Houston {8-2}

So ... let's pick the winners and the scores. We will do the second round next week.

Millington wins this rematch 21 - 14 ... hard faught game ... Millington goes on to be 11-0

Whitehaven wins 28 - 7 ... Whitehaven has balanced rushing and passing

White Station wins big ... 35 - 7 ... (Hagga, Sanders, Link, and supporting cast are too much to handle)

Houston wins at Arlington ... 28 - 10 Houston's 'D' shuts down Arlington

Second round match-ups

Whitehaven vs Millington @ Millington

Houston vs White Station @ Fairgrounds (Rematch)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 2 games that I have a hard time predicting.

Millington vs Collierville...it isn't that I don't think Millington is for real, because I do. But it is difficult to defeat a quality team twice in a season. And I really feel like Collierville could pull off the upset here. That being said, reality still has a stronger pull on me, so I'll go with a 21-10 in favor of Millington.

Houston vs Arlington....this one could go either way. I do favor Houston, but I question their consistency. Houston wins it 27-21

Whitehaven comes out to play, get warmed up, and has fun at Ridgeway's expense....35-7 or worse(from Ridgeway's perspective)

White Station handles their 1st round game 42-14

For round two, everyone is warmed up and ready to go! That Millington/Whitehaven game will be huge!

I am not big on polls because the people that put them together are not in touch with football statewide but 4 of the top 10 teams in west TN 7-5A and 8-5A. Makes it a difficult task to get out to the semis. Bolton got a tough break and cost the 7 5A there only chance at an upset win in the first round. The rest of the 7-5A teams scored zreo points against Millington and don't look for them to do mutch better in the first round. That would mean Millington would have to beat Collierville, Whitehaven , and White Station to make the Semis, noone ever said life was fair. Who wants it easy anyway it wouldn't be any fun if it was easy one thing for sure the team from west TN will have a test or two under their belt when entering the semis. Good luck to all and stay healthy. I pick Millington to fight through the crowd to the semis.

I am not big on polls because the people that put them together are not in touch with football statewide but 4 of the top 10 teams in west TN 7-5A and 8-5A. Makes it a difficult task to get out to the semis. Bolton got a tough break and cost the 7 5A there only chance at an upset win in the first round. The rest of the 7-5A teams scored zreo points against Millington and don't look for them to do mutch better in the first round. That would mean Millington would have to beat Collierville, Whitehaven , and White Station to make the Semis, noone ever said life was fair. Who wants it easy anyway it wouldn't be any fun if it was easy one thing for sure the team from west TN will have a test or two under their belt when entering the semis. Good luck to all and stay healthy. I pick Millington to fight through the crowd to the semis.

That's a fair assessment cam6. Although my desired outcome differs from yours, Millington does have the most difficult route to the semis,assuming things go as expected. Their 1st round game vs Collierville appears to be their easiest, and to say Collierville is easy would be very inaccurate! 1 of these have got to be in the finals.

That's a fair assessment cam6. Although my desired outcome differs from yours, Millington does have the most difficult route to the semis,assuming things go as expected. Their 1st round game vs Collierville appears to be their easiest, and to say Collierville is easy would be very inaccurate! 1 of these have got to be in the finals.

You know ... all this time ... I'm looking at how hard the row for Whitehaven is to hoe ... I had not considered Millington's path, nor the path of Houston or/and Collierville. Looking at those ... Whitehaven's isn't looking so bad! One thing is for sure ... the 5A team that makes it out of the 7-5A vs 8-5A bracket will have been tested. Four teams out of the AP top 10 are in this section of the playoffs! I think Millington, White Station, and Whitehaven all are capable of bringing home the gold ball.

On a different note. I was at the White Station/Houston game last Thursday. I held up a sign on some paper with KWC on it ... but I didn't get any response. I sat on the 50 in the stands behind the father of one of the starting LB's from last year. I had fun with the WS fans in the stands. I didn't get there until it was 10-0 Houston. Next thing I know ... whoosh ... White Station has the lead and never looked back. I left even more impressed. Haaga is the man at the WR spot ... and he's not your only good wide out. He's smooth and very savvy. He is the best route running WR I've seen in a long long time.

You know ... all this time ... I'm looking at how hard the row for Whitehaven is to hoe ... I had not considered Millington's path, nor the path of Houston or/and Collierville. Looking at those ... Whitehaven's isn't looking so bad! One thing is for sure ... the 5A team that makes it out of the 7-5A vs 8-5A bracket will have been tested. Four teams out of the AP top 10 are in this section of the playoffs! I think Millington, White Station, and Whitehaven all are capable of bringing home the gold ball.

On a different note. I was at the White Station/Houston game last Thursday. I held up a sign on some paper with KWC on it ... but I didn't get any response. I sat on the 50 in the stands behind the father of one of the starting LB's from last year. I had fun with the WS fans in the stands. I didn't get there until it was 10-0 Houston. Next thing I know ... whoosh ... White Station has the lead and never looked back. I left even more impressed. Haaga is the man at the WR spot ... and he's not your only good wide out. He's smooth and very savvy. He is the best route running WR I've seen in a long long time.

I was at that game also and there was a definite difference in speed in that game, I think Houston is well coached but not enough players to match White Station. Haaga is a good WR but continues to run route unevaded, what will he do when pressed and pressured to get open and more importantly what will it do with the timing between him and Link is disrupted with pressure. A lot of their game is timing outside of the three or four bombs they drop each game so my question is how did he fair against what i would assume was a much more athletic secondary in Whitehaven? What were his and Links numbers in that game? As the games go on there are going to be a few more athletes matching up across from him and i did not see the consistency from the rest of the WR that i saw with last years team. I see a very good WS team that really needs sanders and old faithful counter play to give opponents problems. I think they will advance to the qtrs with their draw but they are going to have it tough with W-haven or millington team that probably has better speed and athletes across the board.

kwc, I must have been sitting on the row across from you. I was on the 40 or so, and I think I know which dad you are talking about. I was the very distinguished looking guy in the suit ( no tie ) I think I look a lot like George Clooney { no one else seems to agree with me , oh well } , I came straight in from work. Sorry I missed you, I did'nt see your sign. My son plays, he is # 70.

kwc, I must have been sitting on the row across from you. I was on the 40 or so, and I think I know which dad you are talking about. I was the very distinguished looking guy in the suit ( no tie ) I think I look a lot like George Clooney { no one else seems to agree with me , oh well } , I came straight in from work. Sorry I missed you, I did'nt see your sign. My son plays, he is # 70.

I didn't hold it up too long because of all of the peculiar stares I received, LOL. The stands were filled, but you could still find a seat. I had my two older sons with me (11 & 13 years old). I don't remember who I saw in the stands except for the group I was sitting behind. I do remember giving high fives quite a bit though, LOL. I'm sorry I missed you as well, maybe another time we may meet.

I didn't hold it up too long because of all of the peculiar stares I received, LOL. The stands were filled, but you could still find a seat. I had my two older sons with me (11 & 13 years old). I don't remember who I saw in the stands except for the group I was sitting behind. I do remember giving high fives quite a bit though, LOL. I'm sorry I missed you as well, maybe another time we may meet.

I kept looking up in the stands for some sign, either a kwc or coachT but never saw anything. I was looking mostly around less populated areas though because from the sidelines looking into the crowd, it's like a "Where's Waldo" puzzle. I'm sure we'll get it worked out for the next time though. My son is #9, free safety when we're in a nickle defense. Depending on who we play, he sees a handfull of plays, to starting.....just depends.

I was at that game also and there was a definite difference in speed in that game, I think Houston is well coached but not enough players to match White Station. Haaga is a good WR but continues to run route unevaded, what will he do when pressed and pressured to get open and more importantly what will it do with the timing between him and Link is disrupted with pressure. A lot of their game is timing outside of the three or four bombs they drop each game so my question is how did he fair against what i would assume was a much more athletic secondary in Whitehaven? What were his and Links numbers in that game? As the games go on there are going to be a few more athletes matching up across from him and i did not see the consistency from the rest of the WR that i saw with last years team. I see a very good WS team that really needs sanders and old faithful counter play to give opponents problems. I think they will advance to the qtrs with their draw but they are going to have it tough with W-haven or millington team that probably has better speed and athletes across the board.

I relate some of these situations to what we all see in the pro game. For example, Indy and New England have been running all over everyone they play. Yet when they meet up against a quality opponent, there success changes. Suddenly, the offense isn't racking up 30 or 40 points, the defense has to work harder for the whole game, and strategies change. It really becomes a different game, and typically that one turn over (kwc can attest to that) or poorly timed penalty ends up being the difference in a very competitive game. For certain, our offense isn't as successful vs WH, or Collierville, and so on. I know Millington's D would also be a huge challenge. None of these teams are going to just walk in and defeat the other without knowing they were in a game. That's part of the beauty of this time of the season.