7-5A vs 8-5A

kwc

I relate some of these situations to what we all see in the pro game. For example, Indy and New England have been running all over everyone they play. Yet when they meet up against a quality opponent, there success changes. Suddenly, the offense isn't racking up 30 or 40 points, the defense has to work harder for the whole game, and strategies change. It really becomes a different game, and typically that one turn over (kwc can attest to that) or poorly timed penalty ends up being the difference in a very competitive game. For certain, our offense isn't as successful vs WH, or Collierville, and so on. I know Millington's D would also be a huge challenge. None of these teams are going to just walk in and defeat the other without knowing they were in a game. That's part of the beauty of this time of the season.

I will piggy back on what Spartansfan said. I like to put it like this ... When two good teams play each other, expect an ugly game. The first meeting between White Station and Whitehaven was such. If Millington faces Whitehaven ... it will be an ugly game.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I relate some of these situations to what we all see in the pro game. For example, Indy and New England have been running all over everyone they play. Yet when they meet up against a quality opponent, there success changes. Suddenly, the offense isn't racking up 30 or 40 points, the defense has to work harder for the whole game, and strategies change. It really becomes a different game, and typically that one turn over (kwc can attest to that) or poorly timed penalty ends up being the difference in a very competitive game. For certain, our offense isn't as successful vs WH, or Collierville, and so on. I know Millington's D would also be a huge challenge. None of these teams are going to just walk in and defeat the other without knowing they were in a game. That's part of the beauty of this time of the season.

It is really tough that these teams achieve so much during the season and yet when playoffs start it is all forgotten and the only thing that matters is what did you do tonight. I have seen teams each year better than someone and lose because of turnovers, penalties, etc. so the old saying is true "when the playoffs start you need to be good but you better have some luck somehwere" because teenagers will be teenagers and mistakes will be made. Coaching plays more of a part in advancing than most people give credit and their are some good coaches in West TN but it stills boils down to kids making plays on the field.