Warren County (5-5) @ Riverdale (10-0)

rhswarrior08

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have been off a little the last few weeks dont underestimat those guys they have big hearts and goals , just a bad few weeks go warriors

Im not sure about that. they had their best games against us and smyrna. the 2 best teams they've faced. the lavergne game was close cause they were coming off of those 2 games and already had the region wrapped up. we've got nothing but respect for them. their a great team and they do whatever it takes to win.

I'm with Riverdaleman...I think they just play down to their competition you challenge them one little bit and they flex their muscles.

truth. not much intensity tonight. i think coach A wanted to test out that passing game a little more we were 0-7 tonight in that area unfortunately, worst passing night we've had all year (have had some success despite being a heavy run team).

riverdale executed just enough...looks like WC coaches had a good game plan. their defense had some success stopping us at times. we gave them field position every time they got the ball pretty much all night and their offense couldnt do much with it tho.

important thing is we didnt turn the ball over once (we had a turnover on downs). great job pretecting the ball a team cant beat riverdale if we dont turn the ball over a couple times. WC did drop an INT in the end zone

riverdale on the other hand had 2 interceptions by axel watson and joey lee. both returned the ball back 50+ yards joeys was a TD but got called back a few yards cause a block in the back at like the 20. axel caught his at like midfield and returned it down inside the 5 i believe.

pretty much a boring game, it served its purpose tho. we know where we stand a little better going into next week and our coaches know what they're doing. we'll have a couple guys back in the line up next week.

time to step it up, against another WC (wilson central) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im not sure about that. they had their best games against us and smyrna. the 2 best teams they've faced. the lavergne game was close cause they were coming off of those 2 games and already had the region wrapped up. we've got nothing but respect for them. their a great team and they do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah, but they can be beat. I heard it was 7-0 at half and that they really didn't pull away until late in the 4th. Not taking nothing away from WC but can they really do that against stronger teams and still pull off the win??? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ok if you say so. From what I heard they didn't look like a State Champion team. Guess we'll see.

doesnt sound like smyrna did either, although they played a better opponent. scoring 2 TDs in the first quarter in 1:18 span probably made cookeville lose all confidence and lay down

no teams name should even remotely be associated with the words "state champion" right now...its anything but clear cut and theres not a single team that has played good enough to have the benefit of the doubt

well..we escaped with another one...i was close on the score i said 27-0 and it was 28-7 we seem to play to the level of our competition we was flat again this week like we was last week hopefully from now on we will play WARRIOR style like we know how to do and like wee need to do if we are to achieve our goal of a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

GO WARRIORS

You should give the guys from WC more credit... they stuck it to your so called "mighty" Warriors for 3 and a half quarters my friend. If WC has any kind of offense, this game may have played out differently.

td IM GONNA DISAGREE WITH YOU our passing was good BUT for some reason we couldnt catch the ball

yeah i wasnt trying to put it all on trey by no means maybe i worded it wrong he threw 2 at most that were off target

riverdale has two 100+ yard rushers in trey smith and jeremy mcclain

You should give the guys from WC more credit... they stuck it to your so called "mighty" Warriors for 3 and a half quarters my friend. If WC has any kind of offense, this game may have played out differently.

you are right they fought hard the entire game they were really pumped up at halftime they did what they had to do to stay in the game...

IF, IF, IF. If WC was a better team they would not have had to face Riverdale in the first round. If they were a better team Riverdale would not have done what they have done all year and played down to the competition. This was a very ugly win for Riverdale. It had to be the worst they played all year and it had nothing to do with WC. The coaches will have to do a better job this week to get the boys more focused. This Riverdale team does not have the killer instinct of some of the past teams. We have to play a team next week that had no trouble at all getting up for their first round game. If this team wants the gold ball they better get their heads on straight and focus. Way too many penalties tonight and no heart until they had to.

IF, IF, IF. If WC was a better team they would not have had to face Riverdale in the first round. If they were a better team Riverdale would not have done what they have done all year and played down to the competition. This was a very ugly win for Riverdale. It had to be the worst they played all year and it had nothing to do with WC. The coaches will have to do a better job this week to get the boys more focused. This Riverdale team does not have the killer instinct of some of the past teams. We have to play a team next week that had no trouble at all getting up for their first round game. If this team wants the gold ball they better get their heads on straight and focus. Way too many penalties tonight and no heart until they had to.

Or...maybe your team is overrated and has been lucky to have all its wins this year. Maybe the competition has been playing down to you all season. I guess you will soon see. I can see why you would want to make excuses after what we all saw tonight.