Warren County (5-5) @ Riverdale (10-0)

rhswarrior08

Or...maybe your team is overrated and has been lucky to have all its wins this year. Maybe the competition has been playing down to you all season. I guess you will soon see. I can see why you would want to make excuses after what we all saw tonight.

we may be overrated and we may have been lucky BUT I GUARANTEE YOU THE COMPETITION DOESNT PLAY DOWN TO US we almost always get everyones best

i am not making excuses but we were flat and WC did do a good job of doing what they had to do to win the game i have a hunch that you will see a different riverdale team the rest of the way thru

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Riverdale won 28-7. I'll gladly take 28-7 scores the rest of the way.

Maybe all the howling about how good region 4 is and how bad region 3 is wasn't such a good idea...or really wasn't true. One win for region 3, two pretty respectable games, and one big loss. That's just typical playoff football.

Riverdale will have to turn it way up to beat WC next week.

It took smyrna about a half to adjust.

after cookevilles score in the 1st qtr smyrnas defense held them to 7 straight 3 and outs with net total of 4 yards

and they only crossed mid field once after that.

smyrna also had the ball on cookevilles 12 with just under 2 minutes to go and running at will ( they were still double and trippling rod) and took a knee. I wanted our senior rb (sanders) who waited 3 years to start only to have a freshman sensation take the job get a chance to score but I can understand not wanting to run it up.

back to my point -- smyrna could have made it 35 to 10 and everyone would have said they dominated at 28 to 10

is just a respectable game.

must be weird to be 11 and 0 undefeated in the region and win a playoff game 28 to 7 and have to defend yourself

sort of silly when you think about it.

It took smyrna about a half to adjust.

after cookevilles score in the 1st qtr smyrnas defense held them to 7 straight 3 and outs with net total of 4 yards

and they only crossed mid field once after that.

smyrna also had the ball on cookevilles 12 with just under 2 minutes to go and running at will ( they were still double and trippling rod) and took a knee. I wanted our senior rb (sanders) who waited 3 years to start only to have a freshman sensation take the job get a chance to score but I can understand not wanting to run it up.

back to my point -- smyrna could have made it 35 to 10 and everyone would have said they dominated at 28 to 10

is just a respectable game.

must be weird to be 11 and 0 undefeated in the region and win a playoff game 28 to 7 and have to defend yourself

sort of silly when you think about it.

Wasn't it almost 21-18 until a pick in the endzone? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Wait - I thought this was a Warren County vs Riverdale thread - my bad! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wasn't it almost 21-18 until a pick in the endzone? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Wait - I thought this was a Warren County vs Riverdale thread - my bad! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you're right lim, i forgot about that new rule that when you score a td you automatically get 8 points when its the second half of a playoff game. Good thing we didn't let cookville dance into the endzone, they might have gotten 14 points for that. You are almost as bad as your buddy ship.

Lets face it , each week it get harder and there is no given game. Teams adjust, make changes. Look at Smryna, Wilks only had two catches last night. He was triple teamed all night and if Cookeville would have had any kind of run defense Smyrna would have been in trouble. Just as you could tell Warren County had been watching film and try to take to the air against the Warriors. One jump ball pass lead to there only score. You can count on Riverdale being ready for Wilson Central and not looking on to Smyrna, after all they have to play in the Pitt and thats never an easy task...