Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

guess u forgot who went 2 bga in 07 afta mc busted & took that 1-9 team to a 6-4?

Coach U

Coach U made progress @ Jeff County

he was 1 game away from playoffs when he left

Coach U was 3rd coach in 3 yrs @ JC

they had sum scrammers like mc

talent jumpers lookin 4 the next fix

Look Oakland people, I too think Ferguson is a fne man. He wasn't able to win enough games, this sometimes happens. McDaniel is the real deal. All you naysayers will soon see that he has what it takes.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Oakland people, I too think Ferguson is a fne man. He wasn't able to win enough games, this sometimes happens. McDaniel is the real deal. All you naysayers will soon see that he has what it takes.

personally i think they should go ahead and run the whole new staff off and even invite the old staff back and the program will be better off

Okay, this is how I see it.

All of us on here are very loyal to our programs and ex coaches. That is what makes us FANS. You Riverdale folk experienced greatness when Coaches McDaniel, White, and Gardner were at your school. They were well-liked by your players, parents, and fans. Your children respected them as father figures and they will always remain that way in your eyes. You hated to see them go on, but wanted the best for them professionally. You will continue to support them no matter where they go b/c of what they meant to you and your family.

Big surprise.....we feel the same way at Oakland. Accepting what you guys cherish means to cast out those that WE hold in the highest regards. We will honor and defend our personal favorites just like you guys do. We don't want a new guy shoved down our throats and be expected instantaneously to feel the same passion and loyalty that you guys do, esp when we see people that we choose to support not treated with respect b/c of the hire. You guys see it that we are slapping this new guy in the face when that is really not true. We are still in our mourning process. After all it has been 2 yrs since Rankin left and there are still some of you on here bucking that hire .

Now, McDaniel was not my first choice of a replacement for Ferg. I have always been upfront about that. I am planning to check everything out in spring myself and make my own decisions about my findings. I still talk to some of the players to get their perspectives on things, and I continue to encourage them to adjust to the changes and accept things and change. I want the best for the program and especially for all the players on the team. They have gobs of talent coming back and the freshmen are VERY promising, The good part is that talented group will start out with the new coach and that will be all they know. What a PLUS.

The KEY thing to me is that some posters that I hold in the absolute HIGHEST regards on here think the world of our new staff and I just have to believe that they are going to be right on this one and I have to just hang in there.

Don't think Rankin and Crawford both weren't offered the job first. McDaniel better get it turned around, or he won't make is as long as Ferg.

Joslin was the first pick out of everyone and THAT is a fact. He turned it down first and that is what I hate worst of all. That we could have had him. He would have turned the corner fast and been accepted more quickly by parents, fans, and players. We all know that there were 4 others who also had their shot at turning it down as well. It just makes me wonder WHY they were gun-shy?? BUT....pretty sure that I know exactly why they turn tailed and RAN.

Coach Mac will make a believer out of everyone on Oakland's team. All the naysayers on here will soon find out he is a tireless worker who will coach his heart out no matter what the circumstances are. I guess he will be in the English department and Coach White in the weight room? Will Coach White be the DC and Mac the OC like it was down at Moore County?

yea, he is goin 2 call the o @ ohs.good thinghe aint so good @ callin the d.& we aint so good @ ohs @ callin the o.

Don't think Rankin and Crawford both weren't offered the job first. McDaniel better get it turned around, or he won't make is as long as Ferg.

u r rite on it man

crawford was my choice afta coach u

yea, he is goin 2 call the o @ ohs.good thinghe aint so good @ callin the d.& we aint so good @ ohs @ callin the o.u r rite on it man

crawford was my choice afta coach u

Crawford was ALOT of folks choice at MORE than Oakland, but unfortunately it does not look like he wants to come back to Rutherford County for some reason. Would be interesting to find out what that reason is as he loves Rutherford County and STILL lives here.

I know that Blackman wanted him as well as some at R'dale. Will be interesting how this season plays out for EVERY school and what changes goes on afterwords.

The ONE thing I know for a fact is that Coach Mac does not like Siegel and is used to BEATING them. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

He is also used to being in the playoffs no matter where he is at.

Not liking Siegel is definitely a PLUS for someone at Oakland. hahahahaha!!

Crawford cannot afford to come back to Rutherford County. He makes way too much at Brentwood . He is looking toward retirement and wants that pay to get as high as he can get it. PLUS, he wants his father as part of his staff and I am sure there are places here that his father would rather not be a part of.

oland, you are definitely right. Having McDaniel call the plays couldn't be any worse that what we have been enduring at OHS for the last several yrs. I hope he will be as proficient as Hester from Lavergne or Elrod from WC.