Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Its not the fact that these guys are from Riverdale or that their not from Oakland that befuddles me. I accept that sometimes change is inevitable, although it very rarely happens for Oakland, in any sport, so I guess I as an alum take it for granted sometimes. But what does does get me upset is that the things that held the previous staff back is just given freely to the new staff, was the administration that eager to fire Ferg? If that was the case, why didnt Butch just fire him at the start and make a statement as opposed to fake pertending that he was being the good soldier and giving him time, when Ferg wasnt even getting a fair shake to begin with.

This is no indictment on McDaniel. From what Ive read and heard, he seems to be what Oakland needs. But this is what, his 3rd job in 3 yrs? What's to stop him from bolting again when he sees greener pastures or more money? It will take a few years for Oakland to be winners again, not some 1 year wonder fix, so I hope he realizes that or I fear it will be a short tenure. Regardless, the onus is now on Butch, he made this hire and he always talks about how Oakland has to win in football, so any failure on Oakland's part is on him from here on out, it doesnt have the easy cop out and having inherited the previous staff, so we shall see

tell me what has been promised or given to our new coach that the old one never got?????

I can tell you this.....The old staff was told to ask for help if it was needed...guess what...no one ever asked for more help.....

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me what has been promised or given to our new coach that the old one never got?????

I can tell you this.....The old staff was told to ask for help if it was needed...guess what...no one ever asked for more help.....

Oakland people be patient. You not only have a fine young head coach, you have a fine person. McDaniel is a bright, tireless, and determined coach. He will win. The staff that he has assembled knows what it takes to turn things around. The energy that this program will have will smother everyone in the region. Speaking as a Riverdale fan, this does not make me happy.

Oakland people be patient. You not only have a fine young head coach, you have a fine person. McDaniel is a bright, tireless, and determined coach. He will win. The staff that he has assembled knows what it takes to turn things around. The energy that this program will have will smother everyone in the region. Speaking as a Riverdale fan, this does not make me happy.

y u tell us 2 b patient?

u aint patient urself

u rivadale people been crankin on ur own coach

& he wins region & has experience winnin

support given 2 new coach

not eva given 2 coach ferg

y u have 2 ask administration 4 support?

he got 7 assts right now

promised mo

ferg had 6

had 2 use volunteers on varsity & freshman

support given 2 new coach

not eva given 2 coach ferg

y u have 2 ask administration 4 support?

he got 7 assts right now

promised mo

ferg had 6

had 2 use volunteers on varsity & freshman

you're crazy if you think that ferg didn't get support from the administration!!!!

I will give you the asst. thing but you know as well as i do how hard it is to get asst. coaches especially with limited openings. Also you can't make up openings so a diversity in subjects taught is needed as well. I just don't understand why you won't back this new guy. do you know him???? What is wrong with taking a chance with a young coach???? every coach in history has had to have a start somewhere. There is no rule saying that a coach has to be an asst. for so many years before they are qualified.... I f this doesn't work out i will want change. does this make you happy??? Remember though that I never said it would be in one year. I think it is only fair to give him at least 4 years just like ferg got....do you not think that this is fair????

Since you are just starving for someone to say, "Hey man, thats pretty dirty." Alright, thats dirty.

Ferg is no longer at Oakland. McDaniel will do what Ferg couldn't do and thats have winning seasons. Whether or not thats "because of the administration" will be yours to decide, but Oakland is in a better situation now than they were before. Don't start complaining when you finally get more coaches like you have now.

And since you brought the BGA up, compare Moore County 06 vs. 07 to see what a job Mac can do. And just cause I feel like going the extra mile, compare Jefferson County 06 compared to 07 when your boy Euvard left. Explanation for everything right?

But lets just be fair, and compare 2007 Oakland to 2008 Oakland when the time comes. That will be a true testiment to Mac and this staff.

Since you are just starving for someone to say, "Hey man, thats pretty dirty." Alright, thats dirty.

Ferg is no longer at Oakland. McDaniel will do what Ferg couldn't do and thats have winning seasons. Whether or not thats "because of the administration" will be yours to decide, but Oakland is in a better situation now than they were before. Don't start complaining when you finally get more coaches like you have now.

And since you brought the BGA up, compare Moore County 06 vs. 07 to see what a job Mac can do. And just cause I feel like going the extra mile, compare Jefferson County 06 compared to 07 when your boy Euvard left. Explanation for everything right?

But lets just be fair, and compare 2007 Oakland to 2008 Oakland when the time comes. That will be a true testiment to Mac and this staff.

Amen!

guess u forgot who went 2 bga in 07 afta mc busted & took that 1-9 team to a 6-4?

Coach U

Coach U made progress @ Jeff County

he was 1 game away from playoffs when he left

Coach U was 3rd coach in 3 yrs @ JC

they had sum scrammers like mc

talent jumpers lookin 4 the next fix