Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have caught wind here in CC that Moose is not being asked to remain on the staff by McDaniel. Is there any truth to that? I really don't understand why they wouldn't keep the best coach taht was on the staff. Maybe Moose is willing to relocate to Manchester? I mean the guy can coach any position and has been loyal to Oakland...I don't understand that.

Coach Moose is a great coach...very knowledgeable. He was liked by all of the players. If he leaves I hope it will be because he is choosing to leave. He may feel that it is in his best interests to pursue a head coaching job. He would be great. I hate to see him leave OHS. This is a year for change. I feel confident, though, that it will be a positive one and a chance to redefine OHS football for years to come. I wish all of the OHS coaches good luck in the future. Maybe they will keep a few, but Moose would have been my choice if I were going to keep one.

Coach Moose is a great coach...very knowledgeable. He was liked by all of the players. If he leaves I hope it will be because he is choosing to leave. He may feel that it is in his best interests to pursue a head coaching job. He would be great. I hate to see him leave OHS. This is a year for change. I feel confident, though, that it will be a positive one and a chance to redefine OHS football for years to come. I wish all of the OHS coaches good luck in the future. Maybe they will keep a few, but Moose would have been my choice if I were going to keep one.

Good post Patman.....and I agree 100%. Are any of the assistants being asked to stay on board or are they doing a complete clean sweep?

Mcdaniel needs to build a staff that he is comfortable with and that will be loyal to him. Since Moose wanted the HC job it's probably better that he move on. You never want to have questions of motives floating around on a staff.

I don't think there's any doubt that Moose will land on his feet somewhere. The job at CC looks like it could be a great job for the right person.