Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please come on I am just saying that he could have not been the best selection for the position. What quality wins does he have out of those 7 that says that his future is so bright not knocking this guy but the system is jacked up!!!I bet him knowing Collins was the difference.

Get real. Most people in education and esp. in football in this state know each other somehow. They netowrk, swap films, change schools, etc... Coach Collins and Butch knew every candidate before this process began and probably worked with several of them too. His record, his personality, his performance in the classroom and on the field, and his chracter are what got him this job. Tommy is young, energetic, and knows football. I guarantee he will try his best and he will do it with class. He will do it with class becuase that is how Collins and Butch do everything. They will take no less!

I say God bless the administraion and this new coach. It was a tough decision and it will be an adjustment. Good luck this season to the Oakland Pats (except against the warriors! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

Please come on I am just saying that he could have not been the best selection for the position. What quality wins does he have out of those 7 that says that his future is so bright not knocking this guy but the system is jacked up!!!I bet him knowing Collins was the difference.

You keep on saying your not knocking the guy, but you keep on bringing up his supposed faults. Just give the man a chance. Collins and Butch have a pretty good knowledge of football, so pardon me if I dont share your theory of that it will be more of the same for Oakland when everyone else seems to think otherwise.

Sounds to me like someone didn't get the job they wanted or someone they know got passed up.

Go Pats!!!!! I'm PUMPED

the gill boys might get a look

one is the brother of the superten. of schools and one is the nephew

they both are refs...and KNOW EVERYTHING about football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...if you don't believe it...just ask them... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

one even has a tatoo of ohio state on his leg...so he must know football... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

butch is a good friend of the superten. of schools...so maybe they are working a deal

just heard this through the grapevine... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

or maybe the last coach butch hired...SPOOK SPICKARD will get the job......coach at blackman middle schhool...now that is a name for ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I played football at Spring Hill School back in the 70s for a coach named Brud Spickard. He had a son named Spook who used to go out and scout opponents for us. The older Spickard did stints at Franklin HS and somwhere down in Giles County as a head coach. But I don't guess I've heard the name "Spook" in nearly thirty years. I wonder if the old man is still alive. If Spook is anything like his dad you can bet he knows football. He may not know anything else but I bet he knows the game.

I thought pattonsboy was messing with me. Had no clue there was such a person as Spook.

Nope, he's a real guy--strange as the name is. Of course Brud isn't much better.

I'm just glad to hear Crawford is staying in Williamson county. I was just checking he board to see if Jack Daniels at Page name would come up for this job, but I guess that's foregone thing now.

Sounds to me like someone didn't get the job they wanted or someone they know got passed up.

Go Pats!!!!! I'm PUMPED

do I not have any valid points? I have a right to make some points like I did when coach A was hired at RHS I did not believe that his wing t version would be succesful for them. These are just my thoughts, even though these Patriot/Warrior fans are cheering now time will tell. No more for me to talk on this subject because it is over till spring. Merry Christmas

do I not have any valid points? I have a right to make some points like I did when coach A was hired at RHS I did not believe that his wing t version would be succesful for them. These are just my thoughts, even though these Patriot/Warrior fans are cheering now time will tell. No more for me to talk on this subject because it is over till spring. Merry Christmas

i agree with you about the wing T but as far as coach mac goes i think he will need a little bit of a learning curve but i do believe he will do a great job at jokeland ...oops excuse me oakland