Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

I thought pattonsboy was messing with me. Had no clue there was such a person as Spook.

i was messing with ya...about him hiring spook for oakland...but spook was the last coach butch hired before he left for oakland...spook is the head coach at blackman middle school

i heard from the grapvine that butch got a good laugh out of that post

spook has forgot more football than most coaches know right now...and yes...his dad is still alive and still loves to talk football

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like the hire.

W10, I think you will eventually. He really is a good coach and really cares about the kids both as players and as men. Next to Coach Britton he was one of the 'clones' favorite Coaches when he was playing.

If nothing else this should crank up the level of the 'Battle of the Boro' back where it used to be.

Coach Mac it IS good to have you back in the Boro. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oakland be prepared for some more of the same just because you get an assistant principal connected to Rankin they hire another assistant for Head football coach. It is not what you know it is who you know. I am sorry but 1 year as a head coach at Moore County is not an impressive resume, he did not even win a playoff game. When this new coach was a d coordinator at BGA they went 3 - 7. I am still not impressed. Oakland fans these are only my views and opinions to this hire. It is amazing to me how so many people think that this guy is an good obvious choice. I would have more respect if they would have hired Rankin his record is impressive. Not 7 -4 as a head coach at Moore County.

Are you serious? You are concerned that he did not win a playoff game. PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? Coach McDaniel brought Moore Co. back from the dead. Look at Oakland??™s record over the past few years.

04 (2-8)

05 (2-8)

06 (4-6)

07 (3-7)

So don??™t make the comment ???I am sorry but 1 year as a head coach at Moore County is not an impressive resume, he did not even win a playoff game.??? Oakland??™s past few years is not an ???impressive resume??? Be happy someone wants this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Mc daniel will do a good job and will beat the Warriors. Give him a chance.

Are you serious? You are concerned that he did not win a playoff game. PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? Coach McDaniel brought Moore Co. back from the dead. Look at Oakland??™s record over the past few years.

04 (2-8)

05 (2-8)

06 (4-6)

07 (3-7)

So don??™t make the comment ???I am sorry but 1 year as a head coach at Moore County is not an impressive resume, he did not even win a playoff game.??? Oakland??™s past few years is not an ???impressive resume??? Be happy someone wants this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Mc daniel will do a good job and will beat the Warriors. Give him a chance.

Give the guy a chance. His Moore County team was the only 1A team besides State Runner up McKenzie to beat Mount Pleasant this season. The team got better with each game they played this season. They were tied with Jo Byrns at the end of the 1st quarter and Jo Byrns spent a big part of the season ranked number one in the state. There were very few teams this season that would of won a playoff game if it was against Jo Byrns. The guy can coach, trust me. It was a great hire and you'll see that 3 or 4 years from now when the are beating the Riverdale's of the State! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was no secret that I was excited about the possibility of Jerry Joslin coming to Oakland. I felt like he brought to the table everything that I wanted to see in a head coach. I also felt like he would bring the right combination of discipline and love to these players in order to be successful quickly. What can I say.....I am old school.

I do not know Coach Mc Daniel ,but what I have heard about him has been good. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. But...I already stated that I was concerned about his lack of experience as a HC. My Mom always told me to keep my mouth shut on topics I am clueless about. As most of you know, I haven't always heeded what my Momma told me . In this case, I am going to take her advice.

I think the best thing for me to do right now is sit back and observe for awhile until I am knowledgeable enough to post . I hope the boys can buy into Mc 's system b/c all I have ever wanted for them is to do well. I am sort of at a loss right now and still mourning the loss of Ferg. He was my last link to the 98 Coaching Staff and I am still sad about him leaving. May be time for me to quit reliving the past and move on. Truthfully, I am out of the loop these days along with a LOT of folk .... the players that I knew well are all graduating this yr.

I wish the very best for Oakland High School and everyone associated with it, including every single person and every single sport .

It was no secret that I was excited about the possibility of Jerry Joslin coming to Oakland. I felt like he brought to the table everything that I wanted to see in a head coach. I also felt like he would bring the right combination of discipline and love to these players in order to be successful quickly. What can I say.....I am old school.

I do not know Coach Mc Daniel ,but what I have heard about him has been good. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. But...I already stated that I was concerned about his lack of experience as a HC. My Mom always told me to keep my mouth shut on topics I am clueless about. As most of you know, I haven't always heeded what my Momma told me . In this case, I am going to take her advice.

I think the best thing for me to do right now is sit back and observe for awhile until I am knowledgeable enough to post . I hope the boys can buy into Mc 's system b/c all I have ever wanted for them is to do well. I am sort of at a loss right now and still mourning the loss of Ferg. He was my last link to the 98 Coaching Staff and I am still sad about him leaving. May be time for me to quit reliving the past and move on. Truthfully, I am out of the loop these days along with a LOT of folk .... the players that I knew well are all graduating this yr.

I wish the very best for Oakland High School and everyone associated with it, including every single person and every single sport .

dear 2P

you sound like a disappointed fan and i hate to hear that we have an opening at RIVERDALE for a fan like you come find me and i will introduce to a lot of the athletes and even some non athletes that are part of the GREATEST STUDENT BODY AND FACULTY IN THE STATE OF TN...AND THAT IS AT RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL ...we not only will take you as a fan and we will even take some of you generous donations to the program....

I wannna ask a question to the oakland folks about the indoor facility....what did you think of coach Macs comments about it? I agree with him as in what the real advantage would be i just wanna hear some of yall opinion of his opinion on it

Thanks, riverdaleman. I do like Coach A as you already know. And red has always been a good color for me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oakland has always wanted an indoor facility. One was in the works when I was first following Oakland in 88. Gallatin had just built theirs, and OHS wanted one VERY badly and were already raising the funds and getting press about it for one when Alsup left. This was a 20 yr old dream come true and the old OHS alum/boosters wanted it to be a reality. It is very impressive and fans from opponents at our home games were envious of it and dying to take a peek inside. It brought back some serious PRIDE at the school.