Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

i was clankin @ oaklandpatriots bout king & he knows it.

i like king & think he is the best coach eva.

always took up 4 him.

always supported basketball @ ohs

king=a coach wit morals .

a coach who teaches life lessons like coach u did.

op was crackin on marty .

i knew how 2 make him mad.

lol.

it worked.

i know mo football than u eva will

that is 4 sure magoon.

strap it on & we will c who still standin.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYONE WHO DOUBTS MAC:

He would make you swallow your words, but you won't be able to cause you will be choking on them.

All I got to say about that, his actions will speak for him. Great leader /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

always took up 4 him.

lol.

it worked.

that is 4 sure magoon.

oland, If you think that got me mad, apparently you dont know me too well. I liked Marty, you never had to worry about his team not being physical, well-disciplined or prepared, but his tenure wasnt perfect and the man was stubborn to a fault, then again that was probably his greatest strength too.

As for the hire, its hard to hire a top notch coach in Oakland's situation, even with as much progress as they have undergone. McDaniel is young and competitive, fiery and enthusiastic, a guy the kids will play for every time. Come to think of it, you see alot of the traits in McDaniel that were with the previous coach, except for the fact that he already turned around a struggling program in just 1 year, regardless of the classification, that proves right there the man can coach.

u tellin me that we cant get sum one with mo than 1 yr of experience as hc 2 take this job?

y did the good ones pull out or turn the job down?

r we goin 2 b the home 4 riverdale recruiters?

i dont like this hire.

dont care how great he was as asst.

he aint proved anything with 1 yr of playoffs in 1a.

Your an imbecile that doesn't know his head from his rear. You don't know jack about football. He proved his worth at Moore County and coached under a great motivator and teacher in Rankin. He'll get it done and I'm sure when he does, you will be the first one there kissing his rear. Good Luck Coach Mac!!!

always took up 4 him.

lol.

it worked.

that is 4 sure magoon.

Its a good thing you know your football because you can't write worth a darn!!! You probably talk the same way. And you are callin me a goon???? Just because this coach isn't from "Marty's Army" and young doesn't mean he's a bad hire. Settle down!!! Maybe some new blood will turn this ship around.

You never gave us your choice for the job........ Mr. AD

To all Oakland fans, students and players,

Those of you who are upset about this hire have no reason to fret!!!! I personally know Mr. Vaughn and Coach Collins, as well as their families. I also know what these men stand for as well. The football team is in great hands!!!! The players are going to be WORKED HARD from know untill the season starts, and probably during he season. They will also be required to succeed on and off the field. No one should worry about the character of this coach or staff!!! Like i said earlier the two men who selected our new coach will not let this program be lead in he wrong direction!!!!

Oakland be prepared for some more of the same just because you get an assistant principal connected to Rankin they hire another assistant for Head football coach. It is not what you know it is who you know. I am sorry but 1 year as a head coach at Moore County is not an impressive resume, he did not even win a playoff game. When this new coach was a d coordinator at BGA they went 3 - 7. I am still not impressed. Oakland fans these are only my views and opinions to this hire. It is amazing to me how so many people think that this guy is an good obvious choice. I would have more respect if they would have hired Rankin his record is impressive. Not 7 -4 as a head coach at Moore County.

Oakland be prepared for some more of the same just because you get an assistant principal connected to Rankin they hire another assistant for Head football coach. It is not what you know it is who you know. I am sorry but 1 year as a head coach at Moore County is not an impressive resume, he did not even win a playoff game. When this new coach was a d coordinator at BGA they went 3 - 7. I am still not impressed. Oakland fans these are only my views and opinions to this hire. It is amazing to me how so many people think that this guy is an good obvious choice. I would have more respect if they would have hired Rankin his record is impressive. Not 7 -4 as a head coach at Moore County.

I think 7-4 is pretty impressive given their previous record. So he is a little green, that does not guarantee more of the same. It's not a prerequisite to have tons of experience in order to be successful. His age can be a pretty good strength as I am sure the kids will be able to identify with him pretty well. I am saying give this man a chance before everyone rushes to conclusions, it cant get much worse for Oakland, so ya gotta start somewhere.

I think 7-4 is pretty impressive given their previous record. So he is a little green, that does not guarantee more of the same. It's not a prerequisite to have tons of experience in order to be successful. His age can be a pretty good strength as I am sure the kids will be able to identify with him pretty well. I am saying give this man a chance before everyone rushes to conclusions, it cant get much worse for Oakland, so ya gotta start somewhere.

Please come on I am just saying that he could have not been the best selection for the position. What quality wins does he have out of those 7 that says that his future is so bright not knocking this guy but the system is jacked up!!!I bet him knowing Collins was the difference.

Way to go OHS! You got yourself one heck of a football coach. I'd watch out. I'll bet he brings a ton of talented assistant coaches with him. This is just what OHS football needed....enthusiasm, talent, know how, knowledge of the fundamentals of football, and how to motivate players. I also heard he knows how to get parents involved. I think that will be needed since OHS is losing a lot of OEC members that had senior players, or ones that quit. I can't wait!!!! I also heard he is one heck of a teacher. I bet the Moore Co. kids will miss him.