Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Is there any news at all? I know that one coach has already turned it down, so who are the front runners now? does anyone have a clue as to waht is going on with this opening?

I understand not reading 31 pages of posts, but as I stated on an earlier page, no one has turned this job down and the process is still going on...I think they are trying to make a solid decision. There have been coaches withdraw, but that is going to happen from time to time, and the interest generated from this opening has been great. Stay tuned...I think this will turn out just fine.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any head coach will have a task on his hands early...battle of the boro week 0, Riverdale winning the last 9 in the rivalry. Riverdale on 86 game region winning streak. i bet rankin wouldnt mind ending the streak he started haha, would be interesting to see.

lol not exactly an ideal first matchup for a coach, but oakland will have many more returning starters than Riverdale does, so who knows. in the mean time, we get to watch a basketball game between the 2 schools tonight.

king has had enough chances 2 get it done wit all kinds of talent ova the yrs.

winnin the district or region aint enough.

he gets transfers from otha schools & still cant get the gold.

hawks aint won a gold ball since 00.

had all kinds of talent 2 wit all kinds ofzone exempts.

time 2 go wit sum new blood if u ask me in both sports.

i am tired of losin when it counts wit all that talent.

time 4 u 2 cut the double standard 4 ur boys, op.

nobody that eva played football @ ohs wants dirtydog rankin on our sidelines.

he won wit playas zoned 4 us that he stole .

and who would you like to see at oakland??? please tell us, since all of our current coaches are underachievers why don't you ask butch if you can be the new AD.

Coach Collins was walking around and introducing Tommy McDaniels tonight at the ballgame. According to my sources, it's a done deal. The announcement may be tomorrow.

If this is the case Oakland has found a good young coach to breath new life into its program! I hope this is true he and his family are good people! GO PATS!

Coach Collins was walking around and introducing Tommy McDaniels tonight at the ballgame. According to my sources, it's a done deal. The announcement may be tomorrow.

true, mac had on attire for the occasion also. big as a riverdale fan as i am, if i had middle school aged kids, i would send them to play for oakland. this is a dream come true for the patriots, best candidate possible in my opinion.

welcome back to murfreesboro coach mac...looking forward to seeing him coach. the players will love him and will buy into his system, he has all the tools to take oakland to the next level.

wish they would have brought him on the court and announced him at halftime

true, mac had on attire for the occasion also. big as a riverdale fan as i am, if i had middle school aged kids, i would send them to play for oakland. this is a dream come true for the patriots, best candidate possible in my opinion.

welcome back to murfreesboro coach mac...looking forward to seeing him coach. the players will love him and will buy into his system, he has all the tools to take oakland to the next level.

wish they would have brought him on the court and announced him at halftime

Sounds like this might be a dumb question, but what is this guy's background?

Sounds like this might be a dumb question, but what is this guy's background?

grew up in west tennessee, believe he played college ball somewhere. was a DBs coach at riverdale from 2000-2005. went to BGA in 2006 as a defensive coordinator. took a head coaching job at moore county in 2007, taking them from a 1 or 2 win team to a 7 win playoff team in one short year.

he's in his late 20s i believe, the players will love him and go to war with him. a very intense coach on the field, very professional off the field. expert on fitness and the best teaching position for him at oakland would be in the weight room.

I am not talking bad about Coach Macdaniel but it should take more than just 1 year of being a head coach in lower class level playing Moore County. What happened to the bigger name coaches, With more experience? Did they all turn Oakland down? If Coach Mac is the coach, good luck because this county 's level of play can not be compared to that of the region of Moore County.

I am not talking bad about Coach Macdaniel but it should take more than just 1 year of being a head coach in lower class level playing Moore County. What happened to the bigger name coaches, With more experience? Did they all turn Oakland down? If Coach Mac is the coach, good luck because this county 's level of play can not be compared to that of the region of Moore County.

Coach Mac will do very well at Oakland! He is already aware of the level of play in 4-5A! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />