East Robertson (Curtis Woodard)

Kevin38

Curtis Woodard played running back for ER in the late 80's/early 90's. I believe he won Mr.Football in 1991 and had some pretty amazing stats.

I have done some research to see what his stats were his senior year and have been unble to find anything.

I am interested to see how many yards/TDs he had but even more interested in his avg. yards per carry; I heard a really mind boggling number and just want to see if comes from another source as well.

Thanx for any info if anyone has any.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember seeing him play against Trousdale. He was a great back. Anybody know what he's doing now?

Not much from what I have heard.....

He is still in Cross Plains the last I heard.

He did play at Cumberland and in his freshman year I heard he was averging something like 176 yards a game for like 7 or 8 games and then he dropped out......

Anyone correct me if I am wrong, that is just what I heard......

Not much from what I have heard.....

He is still in Cross Plains the last I heard.

He did play at Cumberland his freshman and I heard he was averging something like 176 yards a game for like 7 or 8 games and then he dropped out......

Anyone correct me if I am wrong, that is just what I heard......

Curtis was an unstoppable back in the NAIA. He also had many personal troubles. He just plain did not show up for a Saturday afternoon home game in Lebanon. Very disappointing. I thought the coaches might cry. I was glad to see him go although I did enjoy watching him run. I have not seen or heard from since Thursday's practice back in 1992.

Curtis was an unstoppable back in the NAIA. He also had many personal troubles. He just plain did not show up for a Saturday afternoon home game in Lebanon. Very disappointing. I thought the coaches might cry. I was glad to see him go although I did enjoy watching him run. I have not seen or heard from since Thursday's practice back in 1992.

It sounds like you played w/ him in college; he was a rare talent.....

I really want to see what his senior year stats were.....

To this day Curtis Woodard is still the best true running back that I have seen in person in Tennessee high school football at any level. This includes players such as Troy Fleming, Shaun Summers, Golden Tate, Dennis Rogan, Ralph King, etc.... An unbelieveable talent. I hope that you find his stats and post them because I would be interested to know what they were.

It sounds like you played w/ him in college; he was a rare talent.....

I really want to see what his senior year stats were.....

I went up and watched them play a few times that year and he was just a man among boys. He looked like a high school player running against a Jr Pro team. His yards per carry was so high due to him usually only running a few times and scoring each time. He would break off two or three 50 or 60 yarders, score, and they would put the game away.

38, contact coach brown at heritage and he will know his stats. he was the head coach during that time. ps. we played like crap against cascade. we should of beat them by 3 td's.

Yeah I remember Coach Brown coaching East during those years; I have emailed the TSSAA website to see if they could dig up the stats for me if they have them on record.....

If you happen to bump into to him ask him if there is anywhere they have records kept of his stats if you dont mind that is. I would really apreciate it. A friend of mine does not believe what I told him about Woodards yard-per-carry average his senior year so I am trying to get someone to post it on here w/o saying anything about it.

Oh and yeah, I couldnt make it to the Cascade game and I was wondering what happenned there.

Good luck this week against WC.....

I know one of his family members and he said he doesn't remember his exact stats just that her rushed for over 2000 his senior season and set out the second half of at least three or four games that year. He also was telling me about a game he played against Mont. Central were he was never tackled gaining some insane amount of yardage on like six or seven carries. He was definitly a special talent.

I may have some old newspaper clippings that have his stats, I'll check. I remember one of his last games (maybe even his last) he had the flu and still played and scored something like 6 TD's and had almost 300 yards rushing. He was a beast.

Thanx Moto that would be great, he had an insane yards per carry average his senior year. I believe I know what it was but I dont want to post it. I want to see if someone puts what I think it is.....