Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> OK, I would like to say something and I am not out to talk trash or make no one mad. I am going to talk about some facts about the last few years. Some of you like pujo can vouch for what I am going to say. If you don't know I am from cloudland from 2001 to 2004. Cloudland had no more than 1 or 2 losses in the regular season, but things change when you get in the playoffs. For example, 2001 clouldland played for the gold ball and got hammered and I've never saw football played like that before. You know what I 'm talking about. You all from hampton was there to see it too. The next year had the same outcome when we played boyd buchanan. I can go on and on but I'm not going to. These games were played with 2 mr football players, the state ranked no.1 team. The state record holder for the most rushing yards for a qb in one year and numerous all state players. The teams that hampton will play later are the same teams just not the same names. You can ask anyone that follows lander football or anyone that has played or won a state championship. You've got to be 50 50, run the ball 50 percent of the time and pass 50 percent of the time. Hampton's like cloudland was, they do not do this. I've seen you all play many times and you all run more and more. Mark my words, this will be your down fall /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> until upper east tenn finds this out they will be no gold ball for us /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but good luck and may God bless you all /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> OK, I would like to say something and I am not out to talk trash or make no one mad. I am going to talk about some facts about the last few years. Some of you like pujo can vouch for what I am going to say. If you don't know I am from cloudland from 2001 to 2004. Cloudland had no more than 1 or 2 losses in the regular season, but things change when you get in the playoffs. For example, 2001 clouldland played for the gold ball and got hammered and I've never saw football played like that before. You know what I 'm talking about. You all from hampton was there to see it too. The next year had the same outcome when we played boyd buchanan. I can go on and on but I'm not going to. These games were played with 2 mr football players, the state ranked no.1 team. The state record holder for the most rushing yards for a qb in one year and numerous all state players. The teams that hampton will play later are the same teams just not the same names. You can ask anyone that follows lander football or anyone that has played or won a state championship. You've got to be 50 50, run the ball 50 percent of the time and pass 50 percent of the time. Hampton's like cloudland was, they do not do this. I've seen you all play many times and you all run more and more. Mark my words, this will be your down fall /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> until upper east tenn finds this out they will be no gold ball for us /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but good luck and may God bless you all /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree in part, you do have to mix it up a little ,but 50 50 is very rare. Most good teams run the football with an ever present danger of passing. You have to have alot of speed and several really good skill people to pass a bunch. Any good team would rather run the ball.Cloudland ran into a couple of very good passing teams in Ezell harding, don't kid yourself ,they rushed for a bunch also. The same thing with Boyd,they could run or pass. Two years ago Trousdale was a running team. I think there are 2 good passing teams in the state this season, both are in the west. South pitt runs the ball,about all of them do. I doubt any of the good teams in the East throws over 25 percent of the time. One thing is for sure, the farther you get ,the better the comp gets.Winning the state for a team in this area would be awesome and this may be the bunch. The one thing everyone needs to remember, no one ever flew a plane until the Wright bros came along.

I'll have to admit I don't remember alot about Cloudland at that time except for Byrd and a few others. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Lunsford a better passer than Byrd was? As for the running game Hampton has more than one guy you have to try to stop.

Its been fun talking and fussing with all the Oneida faithful this week, we both have our opinions and nothing has been proven one way or the other yet.Were all just pumped about our respective teams.Ijust hope everyone has a safe trip up and both can have an injury free game. Iwon't wish you good luck ,because I'd be lying.Ialso hope we can have agood clean game and we can all act like adults when its over. If you need to know anything ASK ME .LOL