Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

Fairley Band AWESOME!! HC FOOTBALL WIN AWESOME> But one question. Why does our secondary play so soft? Thought we played a great game offensively. Still don't know what happened on the first play of the game would love to see it on replay. But defense gave up too many big plays. Scary!! Also what was the bogus rekick call? The player caught and dropped the ball and we recovered. How is that a rekick? Anyway. Good Luck next week. A strong HC offense against an equally strong Melrose defense. I think they have only surrendered 50 pts all year? WOW!!! Should be a real test for our offense but a great challenge to look forward to next week!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why do you put the band before your team's win? And why don't they just perform at halftime like all other bands instead of stopping the home team's celebration? I went to see a football game.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairley Band AWESOME!! HC FOOTBALL WIN AWESOME> But one question. Why does our secondary play so soft? Thought we played a great game offensively. Still don't know what happened on the first play of the game would love to see it on replay. But defense gave up too many big plays. Scary!! Also what was the bogus rekick call? The player caught and dropped the ball and we recovered. How is that a rekick? Anyway. Good Luck next week. A strong HC offense against an equally strong Melrose defense. I think they have only surrendered 50 pts all year? WOW!!! Should be a real test for our offense but a great challenge to look forward to next week!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QB had lots of time to pass the ball. Second half we sent some extra players in the rush and it disrupted plays when it counted. THey did give up some big plays but I expected some given Bulldogs style of play. On the kick off it looked like one ref ruled Bulldog recovery and one Pats. Neither gave ground so it was a rekick. At least that what I thought.

You are right about next week. It gets tougher each week.

That was a great game, and a great football atmosphere.. HC played good, fairley's band was great, hank and the helicopter were great as well...It'll be hard to top how they brought this week's game ball next week, but i hope it happens. Hopefully we can do something this week to get our secondary ready, because i think it will be a much lower-scoring game. Points will be harder to come by next week with melrose's D, so we can't allow alot of points either if we wanna win.. but tonight was alot of fun, hope next week is even better

Why do you put the band before your team's win? And why don't they just perform at halftime like all other bands instead of stopping the home team's celebration? I went to see a football game.

I agree RRP. I left my wife in the stands and went to listen to post game and then they even covered the band so I had to turn the channel. Thank goodness for 96.5.

first off great game for the patriots even though the D scared the jepeers crepeers out of me. Our offense is explosive but i don't see us putting up more than 20 next week because the melrose D is for real. But their Offense is lackluster and so is our D. so the key to next week Melrose Offense V.S. HC Defense. Also i heard some folks say tonight that our D isn't as good as last year, I personally think it's true but we have to stop comparing ourselves to last year cuz those seniors our gone, although still remembered fresh our minds

I agree RRP. I left my wife in the stands and went to listen to post game and then they even covered the band so I had to turn the channel. Thank goodness for 96.5.

Listen fella's we won the game, why complain. speaking of 96.5 I heard some HC folks call in and bash the jordan kid from bruceton which was completly bush league. we just need to calm down and start focusing on melrose, but gosh sakes we won people so please CHILL OUT!

first off great game for the patriots even though the D scared the jepeers crepeers out of me. Our offense is explosive but i don't see us putting up more than 20 next week because the melrose D is for real. But their Offense is lackluster and so is our D. so the key to next week Melrose Offense V.S. HC Defense. Also i heard some folks say tonight that our D isn't as good as last year, I personally think it's true but we have to stop comparing ourselves to last year cuz those seniors our gone, although still remembered fresh our minds

It's 2007 not 2006, compare at EOY IMO. This years Bulldog team was much better than last year IMO. Receivers didn't drop as many passes, their line is much better than last year and I thought they we quicker overall. I thought they would put up 28 points, double last year. We choose to play more of a prevent D. In first half they were sending 5 receivers. That is tough to cover with 3 DL rushing and not getting pressure, not their fault, Bulldog pass blocking was the best I have seen this year. Second half we sent some blitz plays and that seemed to throw off timing.

Nick Russell had a heck of a game. Allen threw some great blocks. I was impressed with receivers blocking. Teague continues to improve.

It's 2007 not 2006, compare at EOY IMO. This years Bulldog team was much better than last year IMO. Receivers didn't drop as many passes, their line is much better than last year and I thought they we quicker overall. I thought they would put up 28 points, double last year. We choose to play more of a prevent D. In first half they were sending 5 receivers. That is tough to cover with 3 DL rushing and not getting pressure, not their fault, Bulldog pass blocking was the best I have seen this year. Second half we sent some blitz plays and that seemed to throw off timing.

Nick Russell had a heck of a game. Allen threw some great blocks. I was impressed with receivers blocking. Teague continues to improve.

Thats what i said is that it's 2007. But i do disagree that fairley was better this year. Their line was smaller and not quite as good but it's about time we got in a tough one again.

Listen fella's we won the game, why complain. speaking of 96.5 I heard some HC folks call in and bash the jordan kid from bruceton which was completly bush league. we just need to calm down and start focusing on melrose, but gosh sakes we won people so please CHILL OUT!

I took your advise that's why I went to WARM OUT in the car. The bashing of Jordan kid was uncalled for. The DJ did mention he plans to try and make next weeks game at HC. It will be packed. Actually the Football talk with a little percussion in the background and warm air was quite peaceful.

Thats what i said is that it's 2007. But i do disagree that fairley was better this year. Their line was smaller and not quite as good but it's about time we got in a tough one again.

Don't get me wrong I am with you on the 2007. They struggled with pass protection last year. Henry had 3-4 sacks and he and Scott was flushing him from pocket. Run blocking was not as good as 2006. But maybe that was more JR and Scott that was causing that. I agree that they did not run block better than last year. Disagreeing is just conversation. Pats 500 yards rushing, is that what I heard.