Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Yanker! It's good to hear from you. No one else on the board is familiar to me (except the prophet and a couple of others). It seems to be all new folks this year. I'm glad to have them aboard, but I seem to be out of the loop. You and your dad travel safely, dress warmly, and I certainly hope your prediction is right.

The YANKER thanks you, my "Unfamiliaringly Folkingful-Looplessly Outwarding-YANKERFUL Advisingly" friend...the YANKER feels a sense of pride that I, too, know so few people on this thread. The YANKER was the savior of the Henry County threads...and now that it can stand alone, with only an occasional visit from the LEGEND...that lets the YANKER know that I did quite well...much like a proud mother or father!!! I AM THE PROUD AND FATHERLY YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck tonight...we will be there!!!

An older friend of my father who lives in Paris has said that you all may have a famous guest tonight. The YANKER wants to tell you this before you hear it elsewhere...and the YANKER apologizes in advance, and I truly hope you will understand. Over last weekend, the YANKER was contacted through a third party, by your local government, to inquire about the possibility of the YANKER presenting the game ball just before kickoff, via helicopter. Unfortunately, the YANKER had to respectfully decline...and it was with your safety in mind. The mob scene created by that EVENT...would have been much too dangerous for all of my HC friends, and all of Henryland. I suggested a replacement...and while he does not have the clout or name recognition of the MIGHTY YANKER...the YANKER hopes you will not be too disappointed..Once again...I sincerely apologize...and the YANKER begs your forgiveness. I hope the night will not be ruined...I AM THE SAD AND "SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An older friend of my father who lives in Paris has said that you all may have a famous guest tonight. The YANKER wants to tell you this before you hear it elsewhere...and the YANKER apologizes in advance, and I truly hope you will understand. Over last weekend, the YANKER was contacted through a third party, by your local government, to inquire about the possibility of the YANKER presenting the game ball just before kickoff, via helicopter. Unfortunately, the YANKER had to respectfully decline...and it was with your safety in mind. The mob scene created by that EVENT...would have been much too dangerous for all of my HC friends, and all of Henryland. I suggested a replacement...and while he does not have the clout or name recognition of the MIGHTY YANKER...the YANKER hopes you will not be too disappointed..Once again...I sincerely apologize...and the YANKER begs your forgiveness. I hope the night will not be ruined...I AM THE SAD AND "SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats is too funny! And to think we could have had " The Yanker give us the game ball! Dang

Hank will not be the same tonight now that I know we missed out him the omipotent one!!! Have a safe trip yankmeister!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats is too funny! And to think we could have had " The Yanker give us the game ball! Dang

Hank will not be the same tonight now that I know we missed out him the omipotent one!!! Have a safe trip yankmeister!!

The YANKER is greatly relieved that you understand, my "Crimsonly Dawnerring" friend...I know the crowd will be greatly disappointed, but I hope all of my HC friends are as understanding as you...I AM THE UNPARALLELED YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Big Red Country! Today's the day! It is a cold & crisp morn out there, as it will be an absolutely wonderful evening for some football!!! This is my most favorite time of year, and to have football going on is FANTASTIC! Its been a good week and preparation has been thorough. The Patriots will have fire in their eyes once again. I look for tonight to be another memorable night for all involved - including you Yanker! My aren't you full of yourself today! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> But we welcome you to Henryland with open arms. Of course in your anonymity, please come early and tailgate with the Big Red Faithful. I think you and your father would enjoy yourselves. Well, the time has come...

Let's Get it ON!!!

I, too, am disappointed that the Yanker is not delivering the game ball. Everything else now pales in comparison. It could fall through. He is willing, but I hear Nashville is getting involved. I hope it works out. I don't know if I can handle another disappointment. We need more than an occassional post, though. In fact, I will pay the twelve bucks if you do. I need to discuss some things with you. Look forward to your anonymous presence.

I, too, am disappointed that the Yanker is not delivering the game ball. Everything else now pales in comparison. It could fall through. He is willing, but I hear Nashville is getting involved. I hope it works out. I don't know if I can handle another disappointment. We need more than an occassional post, though. In fact, I will pay the twelve bucks if you do. I need to discuss some things with you. Look forward to your anonymous presence.

Join the crowd, my "Disappointedly Deliverringless-Palefully Nashvolvingly-YANKERFUL Frequently" friend!! Disappointment settles in Henryland as the news spreads...but get over it please...and get your mind on the game...as hard as that may be. The twelve dollars is not the problem...the YANKER simply hates all other seasons beyond football season!!! I may join, however, just to converse with you and VG!!!!! I AM THE YANKER...and there will NEVER be another like me!!!!!

To celebrate the visit of the incomparable Yanker, I dedicate this week's poetry to him.

Friday Night In Paris

Two bands blaring in a clear crisp night.

Cannons brashly booming, whirlybirds in flight.

Two teams battling, the crowd extremely loud,

Bulldogs, you'll soon learn what it means: PATRIOT PROUD.

GO BIG RED

I like the poem, however, I remember when this was a football thread and the topic was football, it has been depressing the past two home games at Patriot stadium as the crowd has been sparse. ALl I have read this week is about bands and Hank,

I personally will take randy long on his mega horn and the Patriots thumping whoever is across the field from them but all this talk about bands this week makes me wonder what kind of football fans we have on here.

I can assure you one thing, that without the football game, none of this other crap wouuld be happening. THere is a 10-1 Henry county football team playing tonight and people are more concerned with whether or not the Fairley band is going to be in Paris tonight, go rent drum line an watch it, crank your radio up if loud music is what you want, but please stop begging for an opponents band to appear, it makes me sick because when I moved here, people told me it was a football town, we made the state semifinals last year and oh what an atmosphere, the crowd was just as it should be, (after some prodding by a sports writer in the local paper). I was told this summer that if we had a team that was to win all seasonlong that the crowds would be even larger, it seems as if the more we win the less the crowd is. I am starting to think what we have in Paris is a bunch of flute players.

I like the poem, however, I remember when this was a football thread and the topic was football, it has been depressing the past two home games at Patriot stadium as the crowd has been sparse. ALl I have read this week is about bands and Hank,

I personally will take randy long on his mega horn and the Patriots thumping whoever is across the field from them but all this talk about bands this week makes me wonder what kind of football fans we have on here.

I can assure you one thing, that without the football game, none of this other crap wouuld be happening. THere is a 10-1 Henry county football team playing tonight and people are more concerned with whether or not the Fairley band is going to be in Paris tonight, go rent drum line an watch it, crank your radio up if loud music is what you want, but please stop begging for an opponents band to appear, it makes me sick because when I moved here, people told me it was a football town, we made the state semifinals last year and oh what an atmosphere, the crowd was just as it should be, (after some prodding by a sports writer in the local paper). I was told this summer that if we had a team that was to win all seasonlong that the crowds would be even larger, it seems as if the more we win the less the crowd is. I am starting to think what we have in Paris is a bunch of flute players.

Ouch! That was pretty brutal there prophet. All these other things happening are meant to increase the atmosphere of the game. And personally, that's what I think it is doing, not distracting from the game itself. I am about as die hard of a football fan as it gets, and to me having a good band (whether ours or the opposing team's) along with something cool going on in the pregame is part of the fun on Friday Nights. Its the whole package that makes it an incredible atmosphere. And on another note, unfortunately some fans are just fickle and there's not much we can do about it except be the faithful example. Even at our worst this year, after the lights went out at the JNS game, we still had more than double the attendance of a typical 2001-2003 game. So don't worry too much, you will see even larger crowds... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />