Greeneville Vs. Volunteer

DevilFan77

hey our fans may use some choice language or do some questionable things ( but i thought the signs that said "Send the Devils back to H*ll" was pretty funny ) anyway i dare you to find better fans in the 5 rivers.. we blew everyone away..we may not have won every game but we sure do outnumber the other fans.. even outside the conf against TN high we had double what they did.. we even filled the visiter stands at Bell Co Ky. .. there was standing room only. I love our fans.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been explained to me that it was intentional grounding because the punter was still in the field of play. I am unclear on the rule and it really doesn't matter now but in my opinion it should have been a safety.

The ball was thrown out of the back of the end zone: Therefore it is not an incomplete pass, it was thrown backwards and a backwards thrown ball is not a pass but a lateral, thus it should be the same as a "very bad" pitch out ( backwards ) to a running back. It looks to me like it should have been handled like a fumble instead of a pass. If he threw the ball forward it would have been a forward pass and could have been ruled as intentional grounding.

I think it should have been a safety instead of intentional grounding. Anyway, good luck to Greeneville Friday Night.

I kind of thought the same thing, but even if he did throw the ball backwards he threw it to avoid a tackle/sack so in my mind it was intentional grounding. Like you said it doesn't matter now but I was confused and would like to know for future reference.

hey our fans may use some choice language or do some questionable things ( but i thought the signs that said "Send the Devils back to H*ll" was pretty funny ) anyway i dare you to find better fans in the 5 rivers.. we blew everyone away..we may not have won every game but we sure do outnumber the other fans.. even outside the conf against TN high we had double what they did.. we even filled the visiter stands at Bell Co Ky. .. there was standing room only. I love our fans.

Respect is what the volunteer student section lacked...I've talked with pple that are from volunteer and were at the game and said that was very unrespectful...im not taking any of ur numbers away or anything but stuff like that is not right...I also heard that the Greeneville band was being cussed and threatened...but overall the better team won and thats really all that matters...

Respect is what the volunteer student section lacked...I've talked with pple that are from volunteer and were at the game and said that was very unrespectful...im not taking any of ur numbers away or anything but stuff like that is not right...I also heard that the Greeneville band was being cussed and threatened...but overall the better team won and thats really all that matters...

No ur wrong there student section is what every team needs the players really get behind them. Back in 03 thats how our student section was very rowdy the principal was always threatening them but they always had our backs. Yeah our fans were off last week bustin out but i think it was b/c of how we started the game it was uncharacteristic of our gameplan all year. I know our o-line was taken by suprise and i think so were many of the fans