FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

Old Pirate says "Sorry" PT for your unfortunate situation. OP says limit the wife on frying pans. They can become projectilies, PT could wind up like another OP, weary and constantly on guard.

Old Pirate says the Pirates did NOT seem to have the same intensity last friday as OP exspected. TC was not as good as the pirates made them out to be. Sure TC was tough and young, but something was missing from the Pirates. OP could not/ has not determined what it was. The Pirates had better get focused on FCS. The rumor is out of the FCS nation the team has gotten many starters back and are laying their trap for the Pirates. Beware mates, prepare for a hard game come Friday. "SP may be a little full of themselves". Hopefully OP's concerns are mere unwarranted fears/respect for FCS.

Point well taken Old Pirate....good thing is, she doesn't cook too much so I feel safe...just kidding. I believe the Pirates will regain their focus and take care of business.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubris! The Commanders are no walk in the park, and I know SP's coaches have not overlooked the green vests. Does anyone have anything constructive to say? Let's talk football. What do you think SP's offense will run Friday night? How will the Commanders plan to stop this high powered team?

Old Pirate says SP will run several different sets as they have a different times this year. FCS will dictate what adjustments the offense will make. How will the Commanders "stop" the Pirate offense? Well that won't happen for long. OP says the best advise for the Commanders is, when you can hold on and hope for HELP.

Old Pirate says the pirates played flat last week with many players showing uninspired play. On the other hand several players made great strides in their performance. OP says Dawson 34(?) really made some outstanding defensive stops. Hopefully he can get some other seniors to step up their play. OP says "IF" the team fails to improve this week, they will........ be watching from the sidelines come next week.

OP says many are "NOT" convinced this group can/will remain focused on the "task" before them. OH YES, it is a large task each and every week till the end.

OP says the jury has seen evidence but will continue to gather evidence before a final judgement is given.

Simply said, the jury is still out on this bunch.

I have put a lot of thought into this one my friend and as old Lee Corso says this one will be closer than the experts think.

Wait a minute, it won't be.

South Pittsburg by 28. The closest FC will get is the kickoff!

I have nothing but good to say to the Pirates and all their fans everyone here who knows anything knows this is going to be a "language" of a game. I wish I could be there. But you know posts are like a room of people there is always an "language" close by and power p your it. I really like to stir the pot if needed especially with Hartsvegas and G-ville but with South Pitt I truely respect their power but I also know the heart, fight and prepartation FCS carries with them and for you to say the closest will be kickoff S.P by 28 is just truely being ignorant both of these teams are champions no predictions here but you can never say by what you see in football That's why they play the games under the lights on Friday nights. Be safe all. Good luck FCS and may the best man win and may he be green! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Watch the language if you like posting

-Sol

It's almost Friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I know 2 things for sure.....

1. should be some good football come Friday night

2. Those Friendship boys will be ready to play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Grace did it all night especially at the end the QB spiking the ball after he was sacked no flag I might add

A tackle near the endzone and the Grace kid is grinding FCS by the head into the ground again no flag but a verbal warning by the ref

It was more than one but it really doesn't matter now /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree it doesn't matter now. I will say, it is easy for you guys to see some things on us, but it was happening both ways. No doubt we had some shots, probably frustration, probably retaliation. I can name a few times in the game where I saw the same thing...but again it doesn't matter now. Overall, I see you guys as a class program and you all treated everyone who made the trip very well. You guys definitely beat us and have a good team. My original post wasn't meant to put your team down. I didn't post to make you guys out to be not so good. You guys are definitely good, but my original post was in favor of SP as I have seen both teams...actually seen SP against Boyd and they are definitely the real deal. Still good luck to both teams and hope it is injury free. And don't worry Commander, I will eat my words if I am wrong;). Safe travels!