REBELS vs REBELS ROUND 2

cobrajet

Some questions for you:

a. exactly how old do you think I am?

b. do you have anything worthwhile to contribute to this thread or do you just want to evade the question of what part of my post you took exception to?

Also, my apologies if some of those numbers were a little over your head there junior. Please keep in mind that even at my relatively young age, I probably have forgotten more about sports than many will ever learn. And I'll try to keep in mind that my WB education taught me not only to employ basic mathematics but also to relate to my audience in order to best communicate the findings thereof...as such I'll try to dumb down my future posts for you a little bit /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The DL is just trying to help you. There are a lot of really educated people on here, and he justs wants to let you in on a little bit of football. I give props to anyone who wants to learn about football, young or old. The game is an art. Keep at it. A good suggestion is to mabye even go to a few games on Fri. night. Best

DL

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Rebel faithful have taken exception with me on this one, but I didn't think the game was that close. For whatever it's worth, West's really dominated the line of scrimmage by shutting down the Rebel run game. They were able to keep Maryville from balancing the game out on the ground. But the Rebel passing attack was just too much for them, and their offense didn't stay on the field nearly enough to keep things close.

Maryville slowed down in the second half, and I think got a little sloppy. But I really think the first half score was more indicative of the difference between these two teams than the final score was.

Some people are a little too sensitive-i'm looking forward to a great playoff game-let the kids play!!!

Guys, i think that west will win this game because they are fired up, confident, and not afraid to just jam the ball down maryville's throat...Idk who there fullback is but he is number 44...That kid will run for at least 80 to 90 yards and then you got that other kid that runs a 4-3 and he is just gonna imbarress maryville's finesse defense but maryvill will be no pushover for any one

Papa. I am impressed with your math skills and your thoughts. However, this looks to me like your standard weekly post of how this might be a tough game for the MHS Rebels. Why do you continually do this to our board readers? You know MHS will win. Are you doing all of this just in case they lose so you can say you were right? I am tempted to put on the ole dress again and walk around the mall GQ doesn't pull it out. Maryville wins by at least 2 scores and I am being generous.

Guys, i think that west will win this game because they are fired up, confident, and not afraid to just jam the ball down maryville's throat...Idk who there fullback is but he is number 44...That kid will run for at least 80 to 90 yards and then you got that other kid that runs a 4-3 and he is just gonna imbarress maryville's finesse defense but maryvill will be no pushover for any one

Finesse defense? ask S-D about finesse defense-as i stated before-murvil's D is much improved and certainly not finesse-coach gaylor is one of the best at game time adjustments-notice i didn't say half time-i said game time-he's a great D coordinator-so if they wanna pound the rock then bring it-murvil will adjust as needed

Papa. I am impressed with your math skills and your thoughts. However, this looks to me like your standard weekly post of how this might be a tough game for the MHS Rebels. Why do you continually do this to our board readers? You know MHS will win. Are you doing all of this just in case they lose so you can say you were right? I am tempted to put on the ole dress again and walk around the mall GQ doesn't pull it out. Maryville wins by at least 2 scores and I am being generous.

I'm just trying to keep it interesting. I thought you'd appreciate my numbers...

I don't think I'm one of the ones who is guilty of saying it will be a good game. I'm pretty sure that the only time I've predicted MHS to score less than 35 this season was against WB. I rarely pick their opponents to have more than 24.

I was just throwing out some facts. I don't really think West is going to be on our level this Friday night.

The DL is just trying to help you. There are a lot of really educated people on here, and he justs wants to let you in on a little bit of football. I give props to anyone who wants to learn about football, young or old. The game is an art. Keep at it. A good suggestion is to mabye even go to a few games on Fri. night. Best

DL

I see where you're coming from now...

I've been holding down the same spot at MHS games for several years now. In that time I've been privileged to see a little bit of good football.

I see where you're coming from now...

I've been holding down the same spot at MHS games for several years now. In that time I've been privileged to see a little bit of good football.

Judging by your typing and thought process, I'd say you're mid fifties?! The DL loves old thought. Perhaps you would like to go to a game with the DL......I could really commentate what's going on to those who don't understand much beyond guys.....make pads go hit. Just joking, but seriously, I might feature an article about an older gentleman learning the basics of football. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Papa that was good arithmatick...even if eye didn't understand all of hit.

Eye thank Mairvul will run tha bawl a little better this time with West back at OT and Morton at FB. Plus havin' Cody back will help on D.

which tackle is West gonna play for? are we gonna get to see Douglas play MLB again?-he looked like Urlacher in the middle-way back in the Alcoa game. i'm sure UT wouldn't want to see him play LB. but it was fun to watch. Go Red Rebels, Go Big Orange!!!!!

Yea, good call etcoach, maybe the offspring can make a career of being a back up QB as well? And then after that he can become a second rate commentator on local radio shows.

First off being a carrer back up as you call it is a good paying job now. And I cant recall any "Maryville Rebel" that even made it to the NFL to be a third string or water-boy. And as for a second rate commentator? Lets hear from a parent on your team.....oh wait they didn't do anything in the nfl either......just like there kids!!!!!

Don't knock what you can't do!!!

First off being a carrer back up as you call it is a good paying job now. And I cant recall any "Maryville Rebel" that even made it to the NFL to be a third string or water-boy. And as for a second rate commentator? Lets hear from a parent on your team.....oh wait they didn't do anything in the nfl either......just like there kids!!!!!

Don't knock what you can't do!!!

you must be too young to know who Danny Spradlin is-he played for the Cowboys and the Bucaneers-but who gives a flip? only the coaches on the sidelines and the players on the field will have any say on friday nights outcome-i encourage all posters to talk about football-not who somebodies daddy is or what jobs their daddy has held-some of you sound like a bunch of old haggs-and i'm not just referring to knoxrebel-give me a break-is it friday yet?