Cascade vs. Mt. Pleasant

Kevin38

game winner!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. game winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

Collinwood,,, Collinwood,,,, Collin Woulda Won If Cascade Let Em.......... http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Oh come on Butchie , you can do better than that . my 7 y/o niece does better than that . use that noggin for more than a place to put the hat man ... ha ha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on Butchie , you can do better than that . my 7 y/o niece does better than that . use that noggin for more than a place to put the hat man ... ha ha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We all can play the name game ,, lets see ,,,, so its Collin wood a ,,,,,,, lets see about the champions ....... lets all just name ourselves something that we have never been , hummm ,, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Good luck Friday night , just mite make it to the game.

Well the second round is upon us and as i expected a split as well. The matchup I have been chomping at the bit to see all year is here as well. I have never had the opprotunity to so Marco play live and look foward to the opportunity. This should be a very evenly matched game with the the best player in 1A ball on one team while the other team is very talented on all sides of the ball and very fundemental. I look for a high scoring affair with the winner scoring in the 30's. I feel if Cascade can come out and get up early they should be fine. I also think if it is a shootout Cascade should win due to MTP using Daily every play. Injuries could play a huge part as well. The real question to me is if MTP defense will be able to stop cascade's offensive attack. If they are able to shut the champs down and marco can bust enough long plays it could be a long night for the champs. I think Cascade will come out fired up and motivated. The score I predict for the game is.

Cascade 35

MTP- 30

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well the second round is upon us and as i expected a split as well. The matchup I have been chomping at the bit to see all year is here as well. I have never had the opprotunity to so Marco play live and look foward to the opportunity. This should be a very evenly matched game with the the best player in 1A ball on one team while the other team is very talented on all sides of the ball and very fundemental. I look for a high scoring affair with the winner scoring in the 30's. I feel if Cascade can come out and get up early they should be fine. I also think if it is a shootout Cascade should win due to MTP using Daily every play. Injuries could play a huge part as well. The real question to me is if MTP defense will be able to stop cascade's offensive attack. If they are able to shut the champs down and marco can bust enough long plays it could be a long night for the champs. I think Cascade will come out fired up and motivated. The score I predict for the game is.

Cascade 35

MTP- 30

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't 75 points scored in this game. I think that MTP relies heavily on their offense to win ballgames against quality teams I think their defense struggles a bit. Now, I'm going to ask this and hope I don't make my Cascade friends mad. Was the defensive effort in our game typical of their play or were they having an off night? I was very surprised at the margin of victory in that game. The players seemed lke they had good size and you guys have won a lot of games.

It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't 75 points scored in this game. I think that MTP relies heavily on their offense to win ballgames against quality teams I think their defense struggles a bit. Now, I'm going to ask this and hope I don't make my Cascade friends mad. Was the defensive effort in our game typical of their play or were they having an off night? I was very surprised at the margin of victory in that game. The players seemed lke they had good size and you guys have won a lot of games.

Not to take anything away from JBS I think we played awful against you guys. I dont know if we are better than JBS but hopefully we will have a chance to play again next week and hopefully we will be on our A game as well. Cascade has played very well the past two weeks causing many turnovers and capitalizing off of them as well. Good luck to you guys against Wayne Co hope to heading up to Jo Byrns next week.

Exactly......they could be much more versital had they found another kid on the team who is a more capable QB and use Marco at TB and get the maximum use out of all of its players. I know people say "the best player touches the ball every play" and all that mess. All I have to say is watch and see what happens; the same player running over and over again will not beat a quality team like Cascade.....

So you are saying you could be a better coach than Coach Smith. A man that took a 0-10 team and now has won 51 games, 4 region titles, 3 quarterfinal appearances and 1 semifinal appearance in 5 years. Hmmmmmmmm, who do I think knows what they are talking about? A real footbal coach or a coacht poster.

I am absolutely saying that; if Marco played TB you could use him as a runner, reciever by throwing screens, and maybe even more importantly a decoy to get use out of other athletes on that team. I know MP has good athletes other than Marco but they are not being used to their full potential offensively. They could have found a QB last year other than Marco and got him some experience and he would have been well groomed by now throwing the ball and probably a decent runner as well. The coaches there blew it on this 1 and it will show either this week or next week IMHO.....

How many practices have you been to in Mt. Pleasant to know the "other" athletes are not being used to their full potential? You dont think if Marco was tailback people wouldnt still zone in on him? Thats funny. If they put him at wide out they would be all on top of him. I mean the coaches blew this one because Marco just has so many state, region, and team records and led his team to so many region titles. (how many does cascade have in region 5?) I mean a petition should get started to fire MP's head coach to make way for Kevin38.

No problem at all to disagree bro, there are no garantees that I am right either, this is just how I see it. I just feel that you have to be able to do more when plan (A) doesnt work. If you stop Marco you beat MP, Marco alone will not be able to win in the next couple of rounds in the play-offs. If they were however more versital and had done what I suggested in my earlier post I would have them favored to win the 1A title b/c they have the athletes to do it.

I hope MP coaches read coachT. Listen to Kevin38 so Mp can win a state title. Obviously what ever is going on in MP isnt working.

Yeah ghetto or the run down part of the neighborhood.....

I have lived in MP for 25+ years and have never heard ghetto. We are a small town with small town money. We arent your big money cities like Columbia, Franklin, or Nashville, but we are versitle in race which makes this a great town of all races. I'm a proud citizen of Mt. Pleasant and when people want to attack MP they show their maturity and jealousy of this great community. Tigers if you are allowed to read these post take to heart that you guys are a "one man" show. The last I looked Marco needed blockers and receivers. Also MP needs 11 guys on D to stop the other team. You are no where near a a one man show. You are all great kids who I have followed for years.

Not to take anything away from JBS I think we played awful against you guys. I dont know if we are better than JBS but hopefully we will have a chance to play again next week and hopefully we will be on our A game as well. Cascade has played very well the past two weeks causing many turnovers and capitalizing off of them as well. Good luck to you guys against Wayne Co hope to heading up to Jo Byrns next week.

Well I know what it's like to watch your team play awful and lose. But like us it probably was a nice little wake up call that you have to bring it every week. Better week nine than during the playoffs. While I'm not afraid to play you guys again just like I wasn't afraid to play WHH again(they should have beat WC BTW). I hate playing teams twice in a season.

So you are saying you could be a better coach than Coach Smith. A man that took a 0-10 team and now has won 51 games, 4 region titles, 3 quarterfinal appearances and 1 semifinal appearance in 5 years. Hmmmmmmmm, who do I think knows what they are talking about? A real footbal coach or a coacht poster.

How many practices have you been to in Mt. Pleasant to know the "other" athletes are not being used to their full potential? You dont think if Marco was tailback people wouldnt still zone in on him? Thats funny. If they put him at wide out they would be all on top of him. I mean the coaches blew this one because Marco just has so many state, region, and team records and led his team to so many region titles. (how many does cascade have in region 5?) I mean a petition should get started to fire MP's head coach to make way for Kevin38.

I hope MP coaches read coachT. Listen to Kevin38 so Mp can win a state title. Obviously what ever is going on in MP isnt working.

I have lived in MP for 25+ years and have never heard ghetto. We are a small town with small town money. We arent your big money cities like Columbia, Franklin, or Nashville, but we are versitle in race which makes this a great town of all races. I'm a proud citizen of Mt. Pleasant and when people want to attack MP they show their maturity and jealousy of this great community. Tigers if you are allowed to read these post take to heart that you guys are a "one man" show. The last I looked Marco needed blockers and receivers. Also MP needs 11 guys on D to stop the other team. You are no where near a a one man show. You are all great kids who I have followed for years.

These may be the best posts I have ever read from you '87. Although i don't think the ghetto remark was race related.

Dude, calm down if this is how you treat someone who has a lot of respect for your team I hate to see how you would react to a MTP hater. We all like to be arm chair coaches on coach T what do you think this forum is for. I hate to tell you this that Kevin38 is not from Cascade either. and ghetto is just a slang term that some of the kids are using now it has nothing to do with race like it did to us years ago. Who knows what it means to them now. Before you start on me know that I'm from small town Cedar Hill, population of about 80 in the limits. I hope you guys have an injury free week of practice. I can't say goodluck in good conscience because I'm region 5 all the way

1st of all do not get all bent out of shape just b/c I stated my opinion. The whole ghetto thing was a missunderstanding and I believe you when you say it is a great community although I have never been there myself and would very much like to attend a game there some day.

I am more than just a coacht poster myself and I am on my way to becoming a head coach some day(hopefully) on whatever level will have me b/c football is my passion and coaching my dream. I in no way mean to disrespect and/or discredit the coaching staff at MP; they have done an excellent job there up to this point. I do however disagree w/ the use of Marco; it will get you wins and into the play-offs but not past the 3rd round at best IMHO. Please do not take this the wrong way, it is just my opinion and like I stated earlier I could be dead wrong and if they prove me wrong I will be the 1st to admit I was wrong and not come on here making excuses and using alot of "if this/that" comments.....

I am unproven as a coach so no I am not a better coach than Coach Smith but hopefully 1 day I will get the opportunity to show what I can do. I know people will not always agree w/ what I do as a coach and sometimes they may be right and other times they may not, but as I am sure Coach Smith well understands, it all comes w/ the territory.....

1st of all do not get all bent out of shape just b/c I stated my opinion. The whole ghetto thing was a misunderstanding and I believe you when you say it is a great community although I have never been there myself and would very much like to attend a game there some day.

I am more than just a coacht poster myself and I am on my way to becoming a head coach some day(hopefully) on whatever level will have me b/c football is my passion and coaching my dream. I in no way mean to disrespect and/or discredit the coaching staff at MP; they have done an excellent job there up to this point. I do however disagree w/ the use of Marco; it will get you wins and into the play-offs but not past the 3rd round at best IMHO. Please do not take this the wrong way, it is just my opinion and like I stated earlier I could be dead wrong and if they prove me wrong I will be the 1st to admit I was wrong and not come on here making excuses and using alot of "if this/that" comments.....

I am unproven as a coach so no I am not a better coach than Coach Smith but hopefully 1 day I will get the opportunity to show what I can do. I know people will not always agree w/ what I do as a coach and sometimes they may be right and other times they may not, but as I am sure Coach Smith well understands, it all comes w/ the territory.....

That was a kind and rational response to an irrational person. Please don't allow his negative energy to affect how you post! I've enjoyed your input all season and I hope you don't allow his comments to deter you from continuing. Sorry I haven't been on here much this week, but I expected that type of attack so rather than "dealin" with him, I've chose to lay low this week. If we are able to get past this round, and JB does the same, I'll be back to my normal activity on here. I anticipated negative energy from a couple of people this week and one of them didn't let me down.. Good luck Champs! I have the utmost faith you'll get the job done Friday night! We'll be behind you, 110%!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That was a kind and rational response to an irrational person. Please don't allow his negative energy to affect how you post! I've enjoyed your input all season and I hope you don't allow his comments to deter you from continuing. Sorry I haven't been on here much this week, but I expected that type of attack so rather than "dealin" with him, I've chose to lay low this week. If we are able to get past this round, and JB does the same, I'll be back to my normal activity on here. I anticipated negative energy from a couple of people this week and one of them didn't let me down.. Good luck Champs! I have the utmost faith you'll get the job done Friday night! We'll be behind you, 110%!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We've been missing you this week.