JCS Weekly Report

JaxMan

Play-offs...2A...sportswriters never dreamed we would be here...but a group of young men who were outsized and out manned all year had too much heart and never quit believing in themselves...Round 1 saw the Eagles make a return visit to Johnny Hale stadium to face a loaded Bulldog squad...JCS won the toss and deferred...Milan got a couple of first downs then a Coleman pass was picked off by Patrick Taggart and the Eagles were in business...but the offense stalled around Milans 35 and on the Bulldogs next possession they set the tone for the night...a combination of Gilbert runs and Coleman to Moore passes and Milan found the end zone...that pretty much summarized the night...great running by Gilbert and great passing from Coleman to Moore...anyone who reads this board knows I am all Eagle to the bone, but tonight I have to tell you the boys in purple played an excellent game...hats off to a great and talented group of Bulldogs and to Coach Morris for running a classy program...final Milan 23-JCS 0...

Player of the Game

Blake Carden...Big Red had some great stops and played well all night

Honorable Mentions

The entire Defense...on the field most of the night and still fighting at the end

Ethan Cooper...playing with a broken arm but still had a great night

Ben Cooper...heart and sole of Defense all night

Josh Aldridge...as always giving all he had

Jon David Johnson...1st ever start...great catch

Post Script...

It is always hard to see a season end...especially for the seniors...thanks for all the memories...1A title and a great entry into 2A...as I said above...you guys provided the leadership and heart that wouldn't accept the preseason predictions of a 3 win season at best...

Also thanks to the coaches and fans for always supporting our young men...as my senior son left the field there were so many kind words and huggs...

Up Next...

2A is a hard place to win...time to hit the weights and start conditioning for next year...

JaxMan...there's not much else you guys could do last night...Milan seems to be hitting their stride at the right time...I kind of wished Matt would've thrown the ball to more receivers than just #88...He through to him TOO MUCH...I noticed several times the swing pass was wide open and the ball was thrown to 88 and the time they did throw it to the swing man he gained 15-20 yards...LOL tell me you saw in the second quarter where Milan had the ball on about the 25 yard line where a Milan player jumped and took like two or three steps and then stopped waiting for a false start penalty and it was never called so he jumped back into position!!!

JaxMan...there's not much else you guys could do last night...Milan seems to be hitting their stride at the right time...I kind of wished Matt would've thrown the ball to more receivers than just #88...He through to him TOO MUCH...I noticed several times the swing pass was wide open and the ball was thrown to 88 and the time they did throw it to the swing man he gained 15-20 yards...LOL tell me you saw in the second quarter where Milan had the ball on about the 25 yard line where a Milan player jumped and took like two or three steps and then stopped waiting for a false start penalty and it was never called so he jumped back into position!!!

GCP - I remember they play you were talking about. Not sure why but 2 or 3 zebras choked on the whistles on that play. It worked out ok for JCS because that was 4th down and we didn't make it.

JCS - Great 1st season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You guys showed great sportsmanship and team spirit!!!! I always liked your program in the past but you have to respect what your program accomplished over the last 2 years. Congrats on making the playoffs and we look forward to our first trip to Ronnie Fowler Field next year.

GCPioneer...yeah I remember that play and no call as well...sometimes it just isn't your night, but as pointed out it had no affect as we got the ball back in a play or so...

Bulldog Fan #2...thanks for your kind words...last night you guys were impressive...it was your night and you made the most of it...you guys have a great team and alot of tradition...good luck on your run

Thanks to the Milan posters for all the kind words and for the great hospitality during our two trips to Johnnie Hale Stadium this year. The Dawgs are rolling right now - I'm predicting a deep run for you even though you've got a tough row to hoe each week from here on out. Good Luck to you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Eagles, you guys never quit. I've never been prouder than I am today to wear that JCS Blue and be a part of this program. Hold your heads high and take pride in what you've accomplished.

I saw some of the guys at church this morning and got to visit a little. Disappointed but realistic best describes their state of mind. The conversation ended with who we want to go watch Friday night. Good luck to all the local teams still in it, especially Milan and TCA. Bring home some gold and be sure to glorify God while you're doing it.

Then milan side was a little confused about that too. I guess the reffs had defense on their mind and since our fullback got back across the line before the ball was snaped it was ok. No harm no foul.