Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

Sure Alcoa can lose, but I don't think someone can beat them. It will have to be a game where the opponent plays great and Alcoa makes stupid mistakes, beats themselves. No team in the eastern side of the state (if any part of the state) is better than them, but on a given Friday, who knows what will happen. Thats why we play the games.

That being said - Alcoa should win by 14+

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Alcoa can lose, but I don't think someone can beat them. It will have to be a game where the opponent plays great and Alcoa makes stupid mistakes, beats themselves. No team in the eastern side of the state (if any part of the state) is better than them, but on a given Friday, who knows what will happen. Thats why we play the games.

That being said - Alcoa should win by 14+

alcoa can lose but they won the state 2 years in a row or more.they should not start losing

now should they.

I've said it before if Alcoa is going to be beat-this is the year because it's going to be a tough next three years. Everyone came into this year licking their chops all throughout 2A since this was suppose to be the Tornadoes' "down" year. People where all over Coach T saying how this team was nowhere as good as the last three, yet they have put up numbers that are just as impressive. This team is manned by a majority of underclassmen who have matured and surpassed most expectations. If no body takes them down in the next couple of rounds then my guess is that the rest of 2A is in for a world of hurt for the rest of the playoffs and into about 2010.

Alcoa can be beat. To say otherwise is foolish. However, I see the best chance coming with a team that has a ball control type offense that can keep Cobb and Co. on the sidelines.

well that will be hard since cobb, hodge and robinson play bothways /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Obviously, young Mr. Sewell, the poster was making a comment about making the team one dimensional and not taking a shot at Randall Cobb.

Yea but there is still a problem with the statement old Mr. Logan. Cobb can't be stopped. he is the tebow of 2A, so if you manage to stop the run its gonna take nine in the box which could lead to another 98 yard touchdown like earlier this year. hes got the speed to run it, strength to break tackles and the arm/accuracy to throw it where ever and however far he wants. So while stopping the run is possible, your only oppening up the pass. Some would say, "Pick your poison"

Let me throw a couple of years out there for you

1997-

2004-

2003-

Some of you are saying what do these years have to do with anything.

1997- A group of seniors none of which signed a Div. 1 Scholarship lead a team from Maryville to the State Championship game and they lose to Pearl Cohn and Big John Henderson, but that group of Seniors put into motion what is not considered a dynasty in 4A High School Football at Maryville

2004- Numbers 1,2, and 3 lead Alcoa to what is currently there current dynasty. A 3 peat of 2A State Championships

2003-CAK made the playoffs for the first time in School History, 4th place team in their region, this team of young men go up to Cloudland and knock off the number one team in the state. Get hot and run all they way to the Semi Finals.

What I am saying, that sure the cards are stacked against CAK this year. Alcoa should win this one hands down. But Dynasties begin some where. One team stands up and basically just says, we are not going to get beat. I see the moral fiber in this CAK team and the Senior Leadership that they can be that team. It all begins with 1 win then 4 more. CAK got their one win, and the worst thing that could have happened to Alcoa, whether they called the dogs off or not was letting CAK win the second half earlier this year. Now CAK knows that Alcoa's players dont have a big red S on the middle of their chests. They believe they can play with Alcoa snap for snap.

I am not here to put Alcoa down or to say CAK is GOING to win. I am here to say, that is why we pay admission each week. Because when it comes right down to it anybody can be knocked off any week.

Someone talked about Alcoa would have to turn it over 10 times for CAK to win. I believe that CAK just has to play the best they can. Try to match Alcoa score for score, If CAK doesnt turn the ball over, makes Alcoa drive the ball instead of giving up the big play (80 Yard Troy Hodge runs, 93 Yard passes) and makes Alcoa earn every point they get, then Alcoa will make a mistake and when they do CAK must take that mistake and turn it into points.

I do believe that CAK is going to have to play rock solid every single play to win this game. Alcoa is the team to beat. Alcoa doesnt have to beat CAK they just have to not loose to them. CAK has to beat Alcoa!

Much respect to Alcoa, they have earned it with their 8 state championships over the years. CAK has 0. But what team will decide we are going to step up and earn one, start that tradition. Its happened before.

Good luck to you Warriors, if you want something go out and take it!

Great post Hsfootball54 and well stated-dynasties do start somewhere either from that first win over a team or a devastating loss that sends you back to the drawing board. I'm looking forward to a great game! One thing to bear in mind regarding Alcoa-their winning tradition is now infused with a solid, supported, dedicated and disciplined "Football Program". They now have all of the ingredients of a true Dynasty!

Let me throw a couple of years out there for you

1997-

2004-

2003-

Some of you are saying what do these years have to do with anything.

1997- A group of seniors none of which signed a Div. 1 Scholarship lead a team from Maryville to the State Championship game and they lose to Pearl Cohn and Big John Henderson, but that group of Seniors put into motion what is not considered a dynasty in 4A High School Football at Maryville

2004- Numbers 1,2, and 3 lead Alcoa to what is currently there current dynasty. A 3 peat of 2A State Championships

2003-CAK made the playoffs for the first time in School History, 4th place team in their region, this team of young men go up to Cloudland and knock off the number one team in the state. Get hot and run all they way to the Semi Finals.

What I am saying, that sure the cards are stacked against CAK this year. Alcoa should win this one hands down. But Dynasties begin some where. One team stands up and basically just says, we are not going to get beat. I see the moral fiber in this CAK team and the Senior Leadership that they can be that team. It all begins with 1 win then 4 more. CAK got their one win, and the worst thing that could have happened to Alcoa, whether they called the dogs off or not was letting CAK win the second half earlier this year. Now CAK knows that Alcoa's players dont have a big red S on the middle of their chests. They believe they can play with Alcoa snap for snap.

I am not here to put Alcoa down or to say CAK is GOING to win. I am here to say, that is why we pay admission each week. Because when it comes right down to it anybody can be knocked off any week.

Someone talked about Alcoa would have to turn it over 10 times for CAK to win. I believe that CAK just has to play the best they can. Try to match Alcoa score for score, If CAK doesnt turn the ball over, makes Alcoa drive the ball instead of giving up the big play (80 Yard Troy Hodge runs, 93 Yard passes) and makes Alcoa earn every point they get, then Alcoa will make a mistake and when they do CAK must take that mistake and turn it into points.

I do believe that CAK is going to have to play rock solid every single play to win this game. Alcoa is the team to beat. Alcoa doesnt have to beat CAK they just have to not loose to them. CAK has to beat Alcoa!

Much respect to Alcoa, they have earned it with their 8 state championships over the years. CAK has 0. But what team will decide we are going to step up and earn one, start that tradition. Its happened before.

Good luck to you Warriors, if you want something go out and take it!

I agree with you for the most part, but I do believe that the 15-0 2000 team got the gold balls rollin and then it trickled down. How could you forget that year?