Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

Who has the edge.....Ummmmm...well I would say the team that has won the state the past 3 years, and are ranked 1 and 2 in every pole.... That's probably who I would go with..... The only Teams I see giving them fits are Milan, and G'pasture....But Alcoa will not see them until Floyd Stadium...I will say this CAK is a good team, but not in the same class as Alcoa.....

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before if Alcoa is going to be beat-this is the year because it's going to be a tough next three years. Everyone came into this year licking their chops all throughout 2A since this was suppose to be the Tornadoes' "down" year. People where all over Coach T saying how this team was nowhere as good as the last three, yet they have put up numbers that are just as impressive. This team is manned by a majority of underclassmen who have matured and surpassed most expectations. If no body takes them down in the next couple of rounds then my guess is that the rest of 2A is in for a world of hurt for the rest of the playoffs and into about 2010.

I agree that Alcoa is the premier program in 2A. What I disagree with is the statement that no one stands a chance. What you basically saying is that all the young men at programs like GP, Cumberland Gap, CAK, Loudon, Huntington, Tyner, CPA, Goodpasture, et al. should just hang up their helments and not step out on the field for years to come. Is Alcoa the favorite? Yes. Are they the most talented? Yes. But that doesn't gaurantee them a win. How else can Vandy beat UT.

I agree that Alcoa is the premier program in 2A. What I disagree with is the statement that no one stands a chance. What you basically saying is that all the young men at programs like GP, Cumberland Gap, CAK, Loudon, Huntington, Tyner, CPA, Goodpasture, et al. should just hang up their helments and not step out on the field for years to come. Is Alcoa the favorite? Yes. Are they the most talented? Yes. But that doesn't gaurantee them a win. How else can Vandy beat UT.

Yes you are right, however your Vandy/UT allusion is like saying, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then." But since you referenced my post I'll elaborate-no those young men at those schools that you mentioned should absolutely not hang up their helmets and by all means on any given Friday night like any given Sunday or as evidenced by the NCAA, any given Saturday any team can be beat. My post was a reflection on how many people had written Alcoa off because of the number of seniors they lost after last year's season. This was supposed to be a down year because they would have to depend on so many inexperienced players. Because they are the three time defending champs they already had a bull's eye on their backs, but this year the target was ten times as big meaning it would be easier to hit and the Tornadoes easier to take down. Can they be beat? well we've alluded to that. Let's just say that the weapon that is Alcoa has reloaded and I stand by my statement...the rest of 2A is in for a world of hurt for the next few years.

Heard that CAK's coach was talking some smack on the radio. Wasn't fortunate enough to hear exactly what was said. Did anybody else catch it?

Fuel to the fire, baby!!!

Now that's funny! Anyone who knows much about coach Bradley knows he doesn't have a smack talking bone in his body.

Why would Alcoa need something to fuel the fire? Alcoa has destroyed every 2A team they've played for several years.

Now that's funny! Anyone who knows much about coach Bradley knows he doesn't have a smack talking bone in his body.

Why would Alcoa need something to fuel the fire? Alcoa has destroyed every 2A team they've played for several years.

Well Coach Bradley sure didn't answer his phone when the Alcoa coaches were calling him to trade game film! He never returned a call til recently and by then it was too late. Alcoa won't call the dogs off in this one and the score could very well be 60+ to 14!!

Well Coach Bradley sure didn't answer his phone when the Alcoa coaches were calling him to trade game film! He never returned a call til recently and by then it was too late. Alcoa won't call the dogs off in this one and the score could very well be 60+ to 14!!

Why do you need game film? It's not like you don't know anything about CAK - you've already played them once this year. This going on about the game film is ridiculous! Just watch your own film from earlier in the season when you played CAK.

You seem very much "in the know." Which Alcoa coach is your source for FILMGATE? Who is your source that Alcoa won't call the dogs off?

I don't have an inside Alcoa source (except maybe you) but I predict Alcoa will come out and play very hard and score as many points as they can as quickly as they can; just as they should. Game film from the opponent or the lack thereof is not going to change that.

I personally find the filmgate talk and the "CAK coach talking smack on the radio" talk funny. It seems like some people just need a cause.

I doubt you are going to find anyone from CAK talking badly about Alcoa. Too much respect for their program and accomplishments. Most of the Alcoa fans I have seen post on this board are first class. Regardless of the outcome, CAK has had a great season that the players and fans can be proud of. Unfortunately, they happen to be in the same district as the odds on favorite to win the title. IMO, CAK is in a no lose situation. No one gives them a chance in this game. If they lose, they've had a great season and Alcoa was the favorite anyway. Every team but one will end their season on a loss. If they win, it will be a fantastic accomplishment. Warriors, lay it on the line. You have nothing to lose.

As far as the Filmgate goes, I am not saying one way or another on what went down, because I dont know. But if I were the CAK coach I wouldnt trade. If you trade the last two game films. Alcoa gets to see CAK vs. Rockwood, which as everyone knows was a pivotal game in the outcome of the playoff brackets, so the odds of CAK showing something would be higher and they would get the CAK vs Loudon game, which Loudon is a great team and even though CAK won convinceingly they still probably showed a lot to make sure they advanced.

From Alcoa they get the Sweetwater film, from the first round of the playoffs, you can bet Alcoa didnt show anything new in that game and the other film would have been the Alcoa vs Loudon film that CAK got from Loudon in the film trade before the first round.

I would have just told the Alcoa coaches, we arent interested in trading, nothing says you have to trade films, and it isnt like if Alcoa really wanted to see the film they couldnt call Loudon and get it. Just as CAK could call Sweetwater. But both of these teams know what the other is good at and not good at.

Just doesnt seem like it would be an even trade for CAK!

As far as the Filmgate goes, I am not saying one way or another on what went down, because I dont know. But if I were the CAK coach I wouldnt trade. If you trade the last two game films. Alcoa gets to see CAK vs. Rockwood, which as everyone knows was a pivotal game in the outcome of the playoff brackets, so the odds of CAK showing something would be higher and they would get the CAK vs Loudon game, which Loudon is a great team and even though CAK won convinceingly they still probably showed a lot to make sure they advanced.

From Alcoa they get the Sweetwater film, from the first round of the playoffs, you can bet Alcoa didnt show anything new in that game and the other film would have been the Alcoa vs Loudon film that CAK got from Loudon in the film trade before the first round.

I would have just told the Alcoa coaches, we arent interested in trading, nothing says you have to trade films, and it isnt like if Alcoa really wanted to see the film they couldnt call Loudon and get it. Just as CAK could call Sweetwater. But both of these teams know what the other is good at and not good at.

Just doesnt seem like it would be an even trade for CAK!

That's not the point here. I know Alcoa doesn't need the film on CAK, but the coaches could have least answered the phone and told Alcoa that they weren't trading films. When it comes down to it, it really doesn't effect the outcome, but if Alcoa refused to trade film then it would be the headlines of the week! See ya friday CAK and have a safe trip!!

You know I have seen where every CAK fan who has posted has given Alcoa much respect. I have given you respect. And yeah you all may have been the best team in 2A the past three years, but I really look forward to you all playing Maryville every year so that way someone knocks you off your high horse.

I think your to hype cheer is crazy....That is why I respect Maryville, they dont run there mouths, they just button up their chin straps and whip you on the football field.

You all are good, You all are by no means great this year. It may not happen but I really hope that CAK comes out on Friday night and puts the wood to you all.

We dont rebuild we reload, legends never die, tradition never graduates. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....I cant wait for this year to play out all the way, you may not get beat this week, but you wont bring the gold ball back to Alcoa! If I am wrong I will be the first person back on here congratulating you all and eating Crow, but I have seen teams from other parts of the state play, and you all are not that loaded with talent this year like years past.

CAK may not be able to do it, but there are 2 or three teams out there in 2A that can!

You all know you are good, do you have to tell everyone how good you all are? How the state championship runs right through the center of blount county. How about showing a little respect to the young men who have worked there butts off from other schools and not down grading them by saying how bad you are going to beat them!

You all are the U of Miami of TN 2A High School football, good, but you run your mouths so much that most people hate you! I guess you are right love, hated, but you make sure you are never ignored!