Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

HSfootball54,

What are you so upset that people are picking Alcoa to win by 28 or whatever? One, I thought fans were allowed to voice their predictions of the game on this thread, like you they are allowed to voice their OPINIONS on the game too. Second, so what if they did say we'd win by 28? No team besides CAK and Spring Hill has come within 28 points of us in any of our wins, and we were beating CAK by 31 at halftime and only played one half at Spring Hill. Doesn't look like cockiness it just looks like it's very possible we could beat them by 28, based on the 10 wins we've had this year.

With that being said.....

Alcoa: 42

CAK: 17

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! So much Hate! I'm a little surprised that our "too hype" pre-game chant has offended so many! If I'm not mistaken there were a couple of other teams we played this year - either Rockwood, Loudon or Sweetwater that also had chants - and I wasn't offended by them? I don't care what their pre-game chant is - whatever it takes to get them up for the game. I just hope that Alcoa is focused on the task at hand and can come ready to play 4 quarters of football on Friday night!

Are you ready? yeah!

And heres another HATER that would love to see ALCOA lose because his/her team could not get'r gone! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No this is where you are wrong, I am not a hater of the game or of Alcoa, as long as someone in this region wins I don't care. What I am "a hater" about is the fans that talk trash. I should say obnoxious trash talk... from some of the Alcoa fans. Not all act like children but those that do show more disrespect for their team and hometown.

No this is where you are wrong, I am not a hater of the game or of Alcoa, as long as someone in this region wins I don't care. What I am "a hater" about is the fans that talk trash. I should say obnoxious trash talk... from some of the Alcoa fans. Not all act like children but those that do show more disrespect for their team and hometown.

Yea, right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Simply reading your 16 post have been nothing but HATE for Alcoa and trash talking!

Loudon is/was a good football team this year, and for you to trash them and say there are not good, and surprised they went 8-2 is about as classless as it comes!

I want to pick Alcoa in this one based on History, but honestly if you are one of the best teams in the state do you need motivation like tapegate or opposing coaches/players/fans? There is no reason why any team playing friday shouldn't want to go out and dominate! ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

I'll make an uninformed observation: There is no question Alcoa has the most talented team in 2A. The Alcoa coaching staff saw the "quality of play" gap close with CAK in the first meeting against the starters in the second half. The great team gets a little flat and the very good team gets really up with nothing to lose and all of the sudden, you have a more competitive game. Again, the second half was against Alcoa's starters. I think it may be that the Alcoa coaching staff wants to make absolutely sure their guys are up in this game. If CAK doesn't provide bulletin board material, be creative. I'll bet at practice there has been lots of talk about CAK thinks because they "won the second half" they can beat Alcoa. Heck, CAK wouldn't even return our calls to exchange film. And the coach was talking smack on the radio... I'm not offended by this, I actually think the Alcoa staff is pretty smart to try to find things to fire up their very talented team. I take it as a compliment that they were concerned by what they saw enough that they don't want to see 2 halves together like the 2nd half of that game. Hey, as good as Alcoa is, I think they should rest the starters this week to be ready for next week. (Just kidding Alcoa fans.) I hope for a good competitive game and NO INJURIES this Friday!

Yea, right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Simply reading your 16 post have been nothing but HATE for Alcoa and trash talking!

Loudon is/was a good football team this year, and for you to trash them and say there are not good, and surprised they went 8-2 is about as classless as it comes!

Go CAK, BC you are not worth me going off on you.

From Loudon fan who has seen both teams (CAK twice). Alcoa wins this and wins the state again

CAK is very good passing team and was very good against Loudon on defense the second time around. We had key injuries but 23-0 is 23-0 no matter who is hurt and being hurt is not an excuse or reason for us getting beat.

Alcoa has too many athletes and in high school, talent wins in almost all games. Like I said, CAK is good but Alcoa is a great team and not one dimensional and I just dont see CAK being able to match up for 4 qtrs

Good luck to both teams

Alcoa 48

CAK 20

I guess 138 points in 12 quarters of football in the last three championship games shows how good the defenses in the west are...I say AGAIN that CAK is the #2 team in 2A football and it will bear true over the next few weeks.

I am not buying that Rusty is shooting off at the mouth though, He has to make his kids think that they can win as much as he believes in them. More of a confidence thing than cocky. He is a quality dude that is building a good program.

I don't believe in bad mouthing coaches or individual players. However I do believe in supporting, cheering and bragging about your team so if you want to give predictions everyone is entitled and by whatever margin they want...

Hey APB gives us the link to the Too Hype Cheer it's a wonderful thing /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />