Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, Alcoa almost got beat by Sweetwater /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That 1st qtr was scary! 49 - zip.......Yawn.

Come talk your trash after Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I doubt you'll even be able to be found.............................. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I thought this was CAK week. Quit living in the past.. I just wonder if Alcoa fans will be talking trash if they get beat... Oh wait a minute sure you will. I think it will start out something like this. "Last year no one in this region could stop us" or maybe "It took them long enough we were getting tired of beating everyone up".

I thought this was CAK week. Quit living in the past.. I just wonder if Alcoa fans will be talking trash if they get beat... Oh wait a minute sure you will. I think it will start out something like this. "Last year no one in this region could stop us" or maybe "It took them long enough we were getting tired of beating everyone up".

Some dream you are having!! What makes you think CAK will beat Alcoa this week? I know you should always have hope, but keep it real. There's just not enough speed on CAK's sideline to keep up. If a miracle happens and CAK wins the game I will give them props, but don't count on it.

He's a GP Fan. He hopes Alcoa gets beat so they won't have to play us. I heard CAK rufused to trade game tape with Alcoa. I take that as an insult, so Alcoa should try to score 70 this week!

Is there any validity to the refusal to trade game tape. If so I believe there should be no mercy shown. IF that is true then it is a sign of fear and disrespect. If Alcoa loses I will race to be the first one to conceed, although some others may beat me. The only reason they lose is if they don't play to their best ability. When Alcoa plays the way they are capable of then no one in 2A is close.

CAK fans, what is the deal with the game tape.

Is there any validity to the refusal to trade game tape. If so I believe there should be no mercy shown. IF that is true then it is a sign of fear and disrespect. If Alcoa loses I will race to be the first one to conceed, although some others may beat me. The only reason they lose is if they don't play to their best ability. When Alcoa plays the way they are capable of then no one in 2A is close.

CAK fans, what is the deal with the game tape.

Heard this from an inside source and he said that CAK wouldn't even answer their phone calls! They had to get the tape from Loudon! CAK Just dug their own grave!! Alcoa by 48!

CAK "thinks" they can win. Don't expect Alcoa to come out like they did last week, and don't expect them to let up in the 2nd half. Alcoa's a better ball team this go around; defense is nothing like it was 1st time we played. I don't think you could pick out the sophmores & freshmen on this team like you could a few weeks ago...they're all playing like seasoned veterans!

As a CAK fan, I appreciate the support from the GP fan, but let's face it: Alcoa is the team to beat in 2A. Until someone gets it done here in the east or elsewhere in the state, I'm not prone to listen to a whole lot of other teams who think they can match up with them. Alcoa is simply at a different level than the rest of 2A, maybe somewhat like Maryville is in 4A. Believe it or not, my take on it is that CAK has enjoyed a speed advantage over every team they've played this year except Alcoa and Webb (CAK's only losses.) CAK has had to come out and deal with being outsized every week. To their credit, the talent, scheme, and coaching has allowed this team to have a chance to win each week. There is no question if Alcoa played any 2A team in the state 5 times, Alcoa would win 4 or 5 times out of 5 IMO. But that is why they play the game. I fully expect Alcoa to intend to show that the 21 point 2nd half last time against CAK is not going to happen again. I do think I noticed one difference after the last game. (I do not know any of the players or coaches, these are my opinions only.) In the past I don't think CAK had their best games against Alcoa. Like many teams, whether they wanted to be or not, I think they may have been intimidated by the sheer talent level. I felt like in the last meeting, we saw that if a good team gets up and a great team gets a little comeplacent, the gap closes a little. My one hope is that CAK's team goes out and plays to their ability 100%. If that means a big loss, small loss, or even a win, I as a fan will be proud of our guys for playing up to their ability, not being intimidated to the point that you can't play the game the way you are capable of playing. I have the utmost respect for Alcoa and coach Rankin. If CAK is to have a chance against the best 2A team in the state they will have to come out and play their best game of the season by far. Whatever the outcome, I'll be there till the end cheering for a group of guys that have given 100% every game all year.

Alcoa got after Cates with a three man line in the first half and called off the dogs. Look for that this week and press man in the secondary limiting Bennetts catches out of the back field. You are going to see something defensively from Alcoa that no one has seen this season and I for one fully expect this to be a statement game.

The Tornadoes bring the Louisville Slugger to the yard on Friday.

I love Rusty Bradley though he is a class act and CAK is lucky to have him.