Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

I have never seen such a classless team in high school football as Alcoa. Running the score up 56-21 is showing a lot of class, NOT. Especially when it will be all of those seniors on CAK's team last game. Alcoa played a great game, as did CAK, but Alcoa just out played them. Also doing your little "to hype" crap while the CAK team was praying and your players start pointing at CAK. That is really cool. Alcoa is a great team, but has no class at all. I hope someone beats you guys in the playoffs and does the exact same crap that ya'll did to CAK just to show you how it feels. Congrats CAK on a great year!

Hmmmmmmmm...............running the score up?

Alcoa's second team was playing in the 4th qtr.

Re watch the game on film. That last scoring drive against CAK's starters was Alcoa's 3RD TEAM!

I can not help that CAK went for it for it 4th and long twice in the fourth quarter deep inside their own side of the field?

That gave Alcoa's 2nd and 3rd teams a very short field. CAK still had starters playing?

Alcoa celebrates at center field on their own field. The celebration is just that, a celebration and is NOT directed to the other team. I was there also, no one was taunting CAK, so don't go there.

Congrats to CAK on a great season.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen such a classless team in high school football as Alcoa. Running the score up 56-21 is showing a lot of class, NOT. Especially when it will be all of those seniors on CAK's team last game. Alcoa played a great game, as did CAK, but Alcoa just out played them. Also doing your little "to hype" crap while the CAK team was praying and your players start pointing at CAK. That is really cool. Alcoa is a great team, but has no class at all. I hope someone beats you guys in the playoffs and does the exact same crap that ya'll did to CAK just to show you how it feels. Congrats CAK on a great year!

I got a good laugh out of that one!!! Let's see...

Alcoa's band, cheerleaders, students, and football players celebrating on their own field after the game, which is something that has been done our last couple of home games...HMMMMMM...

I heard someone say that since that new tradition has just been started, CAK didn't see it last time. Kind of cocky to think it was done just for you.

The band, cheerleaders, and students started that a few games ago at an away game; they stood beside our stands and celebrated.

Can't help it that CAK picked the wrong spot to have their after game huddle.

Oh, and for the record, the after game celebration is not "too hype"... The "too hype' is done before the game.

As for the last 2 touchdowns: we just took back what was handed to CAK. Sorry if it offended.

Sad that the posters on here have been giving respect to CAK for a well-played game and one person can cause those feelings to go south. TOTALLY CLASSLESS, govols14.

Would have liked to have seen CAK this Friday instead of last night...not right at all that they didn't get the #3 seed for the east.

Congratulations on a good season. I'm sure we'll see each other again in the playoffs next year before CAK moves up to 3A.

I don't have any problem with the way Alcoa played / scored last night. I would have liked to keep the game more competitive in the second half but a lot of what helped Alcoa score was CAK's doing. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what Bradley did. It just so happens that IMO CAK's best chance to win required taking some chances. Kicking the ball short on the opening 2nd half kick off, going for 4th downs in field positions that you would not normally go for it, etc. To his credit, Bradley played to have a chance to come back and win, not play to have a closer loss. When these things didn't go CAK's way, Alcoa had a short field. (I would be interested to know Alcoa's starting field position in the second half. ) Alcoa is very difficult to stop on an 80 yard field and way too good to stop on a short field. Had Bradley played conservatively, CAK would have never tryed to score with 1:20 to go in the first half. That strategy allowed CAK to go in down 28 to 21 at the half. I don't think that is what Alcoa expected and what the Alcoa coaches were looking for; to give CAK hope and let them hang around believing they had a chance to win.

While I would love to have won against Alcoa, I don't know that there is a team in 2A that has really had a chance the last 4 years. When you play a team as dominant in 2A as Alcoa is and has been, I admit I enjoy small victories and I don't feel bad about it. Alcoa has had theirs. In the first meeting, making Alcoa play all 4 quarters. Scoring 21 to 7 against Alcoa in that second half. Literally, 2 or 3 plays (flee flicker TD, Kolinsky "fumble" or not etc.) in that game go differently and it could have been really interesting. In the second meeting after Alcoa scores 21 easy points in the first and it looks like it is over before it really got started, the atmosphere as CAK came back and scored 7 and then 14, and the drive for 21 right at the end of the first half. I wish I could have been in both locker rooms at half time. Before the game started, hearing one of the Alcoa coaches telling his players during warm ups, "you guys created that monster over there by the way you played in the second half last time. Now you've got to deal with it. You gave them hope. And now you've got to take that away when that ball is kicked off." I enjoyed that, especially the way the first half ended. Don't get me wrong, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight the outcome was not in question. But the look and feel of the Alcoa and CAK sidelines and stands at the half was priceless, and nobody knew for sure at that time how it would turn out. I can't say for sure, but with the exception of Fulton (3A) and Maryville (4A), I don't know that Alcoa has been in many situations like that in the last several years.

To the Warrior players, I hope you know how proud the school and parents are of you. In life, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better. (Even Alcoa has to deal with Maryville.) You guys played your guts out all year. No one that I saw played harder than you guys. Your decision and ability to stay the course and keep fighting the fight till the end will stick with me forever.

Great post! To answer your question, we don't really have the homerun threat this year behind Sam. We've been a lot more of a running team this year (Hodge- 800 yds., Toney- 730 yds., and Cobb- 700 yds.). The TE you were talking about had his worst game of the year last night. He's our #2 target, and actually leads the team in receptions. He usually has great hands, and if you didn't notice it's almost impossible to bring him down one-on-one, because of his 6'3, 220 lb. frame. Oh yeah, he's only a sophmore, he'll only get bigger and better! It hurts the receiving corp. when a playmaker like Brian Sommer gets kicked off the team, and Dee Sudderth (6'4, 195), who would've been our #3 receiver this year, and has a world of potential, did not play this year.

Anybody know why Dee didn't play? And what happened to the henry kid?

Running up the score is the bread and butter excuse/complaint for mediocre teams. Probably why its so popular with CAK.

haha real good post hahah you do know that by saying cak is a mediocore team you are saying that Alcoa had problems with a mediocore team wow great post you are why people hate alcoa a couple people in a large mass that are just complete jerks to every other team, other alcoa fan thanks for the congradulations and good luck in state you guys will win hands down, in my opinion you have the best individual player you have ever had at Alcoa in randall cobb, watching cobb play offense defense and almost every special team and excel at all of them was pretty amazing, and yes he did strech a cak defender which also demonstrated to me he was a class act like almost everyone at Alcoa, someonw asked about 89 on alcoa yes he plays tight end but he also plays d end and is truely gifted at that position and will become an even bigger force for alcoa next year and the one after that, to think they have him, warren and sykes (sp?) in succession is unthinkable for a 2a team, alcoa you came out and played your game but i think you saw what a team that is not intimidated by you can do, to bad there are no other teams in 2a that are not scared of you (haha) good luck in state and i hope you win it, 65 i hope your ok big guy and 55 keep up the good work inside along with newb

Great first half of football, second half was a little one sided. Randall Cobb is one of the best high school players I have seen in a while. Did UT look at him any? If so how in the devil do you let him out of this state /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Running up the score is the bread and butter excuse/complaint for mediocre teams. Probably why its so popular with CAK.

I do not know if you play or if you have a team you pull for, but this is a very classy post! You have no clue, I would venture to say that CAK of all the 2A teams out there best chances of knocking them off. I don't blame Alcoa for scoring espically with what happened the last time they played.

I dont actually think alcoa was running up the score. i think they were scoring every chance they had, to be safe. In the first half, it went from being 21-0 to 28-21 in one quarter. Alcoa wanted to make sure that even if CAK went on a run that they would still be safe. so contrary to a few post, i think the "running up" of the score was Actually a sign of respect rather than disrespect. I have to give credit to CAK, as a die hard fan of alcoa, i respect no one more than CAK, because if you give them any hope at all, they are gonna win that ball game