Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

And, "V" Hambrick will be a freshman next year.

Chase has seen quite a bit of playing time this year, which should be beneficial next year.

I watched a replay of the game; Kolinsky was a beast in the game, and Cross was incredible. Have either one gotten looks from the next level?

CAK should be a good team next year as well; Kolinsky is just a jr., right?

How does the qb situation for next year look?

Keenan returns and michael has a cannon of a arm but also many of the offensive linemen return with the starting guard and center returning and two tackles return that split time with the starters so they will only have to fill one spot but on defense it will be a little tougher with cak only returning 3 or 4 guys with game expereince

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confident Bennett will be playing on Saturdays somewhere. Fromke lacks game experience but he has a great arm and if some receivers can step up, I think the offense will continue to be effective. Kolinski is a great, tough back that appears to enjoy contact. He is also deceptively fast if he gets a step or two. Hopefully he stays in the weight room and puts on 10 + in the off season.

Defense is an interesting question in my mind. I am a big Bradley fan. I do think this year he may have had the luxury of holding back somewhat on defense in a way that he may have to look at differently next year. For instance, in many 2A schools, your quarterback and running back are 2 of your best athletes and you end up playing them both ways. (Many cases in point, but I'll throw out Cobb for starters.) If you consider Cates, Kolinski, and Fromke, you have 3 of the best athletes on the team that didn't see much time at defense this year. I understand they can't play every snap but I think most 2A size schools have concluded you just can't afford to have your best athletes on the sidelines during 1/2 of key games. I would have loved to see what Fromke could have done as a 6-3 185lb. receiver or DB. I am pretty confident that Kolinski would be a terror at linebacker. Especially after Stooksbury went out for the season, I would have liked to see him get some snaps on defense in key games. And Cates played a lot of DB last year if memory serves.

I just want to say, as a CAK fan. That I'm sorry for the people on here saying Alcoa is classless and what not. Alcoa is a great team and will win state this year. That having been said, for a program like CAK, I'm very flattered at the respect we are getting on this thread. Coming especially from a powerhouse like Alcoa, it's very flattering to read the respectful comments about our team this year and years to come. Good luck to Alcoa on the rest of the playoffs!