The 2 teams with a combined 5 wins...

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going into the playoffs (Shelbyville and Memphis R E) lost by a combined 112- 28 last night.

Time for he TSSAA to think up a new plan??

maybe they should have some kind of rule in place the if a team is under .500 for the season, the spot they would normally occupy would go to another team in a neighboring region that is better. I know many teams go into the playoffs with no realistic shot of going very far. But at least they can say they made the playoffs. But at 2-8 or 3-7, I don't know how satisfying that can feel.

maybe they should have some kind of rule in place the if a team is under .500 for the season, the spot they would normally occupy would go to another team in a neighboring region that is better. I know many teams go into the playoffs with no realistic shot of going very far. But at least they can say they made the playoffs. But at 2-8 or 3-7, I don't know how satisfying that can feel.

Did they win the games they had to win to get into the playoffs? Did they beat who they had to beat? If the answer is yes, then they have just as much right as anyone else to make the playoffs. What if a 4-6 team comes along with lost for a combined 14 points during some of their games but won enough to get in the play offs? Are you going to kick them out of their spot? Who determines "better" teams from regions?

Leave it alone, the kids earned their spot, grow up and deal with it.

Did they win the games they had to win to get into the playoffs? Did they beat who they had to beat? If the answer is yes, then they have just as much right as anyone else to make the playoffs. What if a 4-6 team comes along with lost for a combined 14 points during some of their games but won enough to get in the play offs? Are you going to kick them out of their spot? Who determines "better" teams from regions?

Leave it alone, the kids earned their spot, grow up and deal with it.

Maybe YOU need to grow up!

I voiced an opinion, and am allowed to do so. Where do you get off acting like the authority on anything? If you disagree, fine. Voice it in a respectful manner. If you can't carry on a respectful conversation, then get lost. I don't have time to waste on you.

A couple things. A team with a losing record in one region may actually be a better team than a team with a winning record in another region. Also some teams schedule tougher non-region games. Region record has got to figure in before overall record.

A couple things. A team with a losing record in one region may actually be a better team than a team with a winning record in another region. Also some teams schedule tougher non-region games. Region record has got to figure in before overall record.

You make a valid point. And I'm not trying to make an issue of who gets in and who doesn't get in. It's really no big deal to me. But If you only win 2 or 3 games out of a 10 game season, I'm not sure it helps the teams psyche to go out and lose 70-6 (or something similar) in a playoff game. I also don't think it gives the winning team any real benefit. To match them up with a more competitive team, that would otherwise miss the playoffs, it's possible to give both teams a bit more to feel good about. The winner would know they played someone, the losing team would have the satifaction of having played in the playoffs.

Any team under .500 doesn't deserve to get in the playoffs.

Region 5-5A had two teams make the playoffs with 4-6 records.

So you're saying Gallatin & Overton shouldn't have gotten in? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I remember a pro team a couple years ago that didn't have a very good record compared to the Colts,Broncos,and so on.They were 7-5 at one point but made the playoffs and went to those places and keep going until they became the world champs. What if a team is in a hard region {like region two 5a }and then plays some real good teams outside their region, but get's into the playoffs with a 4-6 record.Say another team is in a much weaker region and plays a few teams without a win outside of their region? I like a big playoff system in which a lot of teams can get in.I wish big time college had a 16 or even a 32 team playoffs. Just the way I see it.

IF IT HELPS THE ARGUEMENT, IN 1998 A TEAM SEEDED 4TH WITH A RECORD OF 4 - 6 WENT TO PLAY THE NUMBER 1 SEEDED TEAM WITH A RECORD OF 10 - 0. THE 4 - 6 TEAM COME OUT WITH A 47 -26 VICTORY AND THEN CAME BACK INTO THEIR REGION AND LOST IN THE SECOND ROUND TO A TEAM THAT WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I BELIEVE THAT THINGS WORK OUT IN THE LONG RUN.

IF IT HELPS THE ARGUEMENT, IN 1998 A TEAM SEEDED 4TH WITH A RECORD OF 4 - 6 WENT TO PLAY THE NUMBER 1 SEEDED TEAM WITH A RECORD OF 10 - 0. THE 4 - 6 TEAM COME OUT WITH A 47 -26 VICTORY AND THEN CAME BACK INTO THEIR REGION AND LOST IN THE SECOND ROUND TO A TEAM THAT WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I BELIEVE THAT THINGS WORK OUT IN THE LONG RUN.

And Livingston Academy won the 3A state championship a couple of years ago with a 5-5 record & a #4 seed...

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />