Peabody @ G W Carver

freeacen

No thats not my only comeback. Given the fact that Gibson County is terrible at fooball but you are none the less an expert on everyone elses team, and you jump bandwagons faster than the games can be played, my comebacks are virtualy endless. Now if you consider Fooball and Girls Basketball to be "equal" then yes we're even. And since football gets over pretty early there at Gibson County and basketball is all you have then thats fine. Personally, I prefer football but to each his own.

As for the football game. I think Carver will upset the Tide.

And you are entitled to your opinion, but in an earlier post you stated that they are the higher seeded team and it is so deserved for them to be at home in this game.... If thats the case, how can you call it an upset?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carver won their region. Their region is the weakest in the state. Trenton got third in their region. Their region is probably the toughest in the state. Carver is the higher seed because they won their region and thats just the way life works. Trenton will none the less be favored in the game therefore if Carver wins it will be an upset. Pretty simple concept.

Carver won their region. Their region is the weakest in the state. Trenton got third in their region. Their region is probably the toughest in the state. Carver is the higher seed because they won their region and thats just the way life works. Trenton will none the less be favored in the game therefore if Carver wins it will be an upset. Pretty simple concept.

Your earlier posts made a big deal about how much they deserved the higher seeding and home field advantage.... I didnt know there was a line on the HS playoffs though so didnt know that we were such favorites. I dont think you will hear anyone at Carver say that we will win because we played in the tougher region. Your posts have talked about how good their non-region schedule has been and how good the teams lost to were.

Try putting ono hand over either side of your mouth when you talk about posts so that words dont come out of both sides that dont match your earlier comments.

Does that mean that Huntingdon will be favored Friday night because they beat you earlier in the year?

Your earlier posts made a big deal about how much they deserved the higher seeding and home field advantage.... I didnt know there was a line on the HS playoffs though so didnt know that we were such favorites. I dont think you will hear anyone at Carver say that we will win because we played in the tougher region. Your posts have talked about how good their non-region schedule has been and how good the teams lost to were.

Try putting ono hand over either side of your mouth when you talk about posts so that words dont come out of both sides that dont match your earlier comments.

Does that mean that Huntingdon will be favored Friday night because they beat you earlier in the year?

Huntingdon beat us in the regular season and has won the last 3 playoff games between us. They gotta be favored, right? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Huntingdon beat us in the regular season and has won the last 3 playoff games between us. They gotta be favored, right? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Shouldnt the game be at Huntingdon then if they are the better team and favored to win? I'm pullin for ya, but just reading the words written and they dont match up for everybody else. If the other post feel that we deserve to be lower seeded than Carver, thats fine but wouldnt a team that beat the other during the season deserve to be seeded higher?

Shouldnt the game be at Huntingdon then if they are the better team and favored to win? I'm pullin for ya, but just reading the words written and they dont match up for everybody else. If the other post feel that we deserve to be lower seeded than Carver, thats fine but wouldnt a team that beat the other during the season deserve to be seeded higher?

Some people think the game should be @ HTown. Me? Nah, we won the right to make the trip to the semi's go through Milan!!! If it was in Huntingdon I am not sure I could go. That place is just haunted for us!!! Anyway, back to your game!!! I think Trenton has to guard against thinking these Cobras this Friday night. Most of the time I don't put a lot of stock in the teams from the Memphis region, but when you look at GW they have done something rarely seen. These boys were actually planning ahead for the playoffs - Kudo's for them. Will it be enough to pay off? Only time will tell, but it is not an automatic win like a lot of posters think!!!

Some people think the game should be @ HTown. Me? Nah, we won the right to make the trip to the semi's go through Milan!!! If it was in Huntingdon I am not sure I could go. That place is just haunted for us!!! Anyway, back to your game!!! I think Trenton has to guard against thinking these Cobras this Friday night. Most of the time I don't put a lot of stock in the teams from the Memphis region, but when you look at GW they have done something rarely seen. These boys were actually planning ahead for the playoffs - Kudo's for them. Will it be enough to pay off? Only time will tell, but it is not an automatic win like a lot of posters think!!!

I dont think you will hear any Peabody player or coach say that it is a gimmi win....You wont hear it from me either. Our kids played their hearts out against Westview and deserved to win that game and move on to the 2nd round, wherever it is the game would be held. Hey if Westview and JCS would have won this past week, i would have been wearing royal blue and saying go Eagles and Chargers. If you guys win Friday night and we dont, I'll be there pulling for you next week against Carver..... cant wear purple though, hope you understand!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I think we should all just lay off of the location of the game, because no matter how hard we wish our opinions mattered, Im sorry, but they simple DO NOT! But rumor around the West TN area is that Carver had 9 FANS in their 1st round playoff game against BTW; which just isnt enough to pay to use the stadium alloted for the 2nd round game(PHS vs. GWC). So it was actually Carver's idea to bring the game to Trenton. So everybody can quit it with the "Peabody should have won their region if they wanted to play home" stuff, because as far as anybody else knows, it was NOT Peabody's idea to bring it to Trenton. But we will see how it all goes!

On another point, does anybody else feel a little bad for those kids out of Memphis, that have no support, no money within their schools, let alone that, not even their football programs? Those kids from memphis are not breeded any differently than us over in the Gibson County area, yet they have no support?

who in the heck gives 2 rats tails where they play(memphis,mississippi or trenton) just play the game. peabody will win big by 24 or more. milan will beat huntingdon. so we all know where the game will be at next friday night.

JOHNNIE HALE STADIUM. peabody vs. MILAN. CAN'T WAIT. respect to GWC but they won't have an answer for harper and the tide. BUT THE DAWGS WILL!!!