Peabody @ G W Carver

freeacen

quote name='TennFootBallFan' date='Nov 12 2007 - 10:50 AM' post='826633910']

Peabody in a big way!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are right.

I heard a rumor that Peabody was trying to buy the game to get it moved to Trenton. Anybody know if that is true? Will it be in Trenton? I wouldn't mind going to watch them if its is, but I will not go to Memphis (not without a body guard and some body armor!)

I have heard this rumor as well this morning...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to hear some info on Carver. In years past they have had a team capabable of beating good teams. It sounds like they played a killer non region schedule and beat all the 2a schools they played. They beat BTW worse than we did (32-0). Just because they come from a week region dosent mean that Trenton will walk all over them. I think I'm calling for the upset too. There is a pretty good chance that Harper wont be the fastet man or the best athlete on the field Friday. (even if carver's players get absolutley no recognition) Trenton ain't good enough to overlook anyone.

It would make sense for Carver to come to Trenton. That way insetad of 1000 fans from trenton driving to the depths of Memphis, 12 fans from Memphis would drive to Trenton. Probably ain't gonna happen though.

If Kendall is not the best athlete on the field this Friday night that'll be almost insane!! Kendal is easily one of the top players in West TN!!! You can't get much better than that kid right there on and off the field...He may not be the fastest athlete on the field (which a 4.4 fourty is not bad at all lol) Friday night but I'll almost guarantee you he'll be the best athlete on the field...

oneway...your post seems like you think 4 thousand bucks is a tad too much...I'll bet 4 thousand bucks they'll make their money back with concessions and gate money easily!!

I got an idea!!! Put a wall or something up behind the fence where the people that sit out on the road and watch will have to come into the game and pay their 7.00!!!! People cheating the TSSAA...HOW DARE THEM!!!! I'm surprised TSSAA hasn't done something about stuff like that already lol...can't watch a game from the road

I would also like to hear some info on Carver. In years past they have had a team capabable of beating good teams. It sounds like they played a killer non region schedule and beat all the 2a schools they played. They beat BTW worse than we did (32-0). Just because they come from a week region dosent mean that Trenton will walk all over them. I think I'm calling for the upset too. There is a pretty good chance that Harper wont be the fastet man or the best athlete on the field Friday. (even if carver's players get absolutley no recognition) Trenton ain't good enough to overlook anyone.

It would make sense for Carver to come to Trenton. That way insetad of 1000 fans from trenton driving to the depths of Memphis, 12 fans from Memphis would drive to Trenton. Probably ain't gonna happen though.

You said Trenton can't overlook any team. I agree. Is there any team that can?

Yes, the rumor about the game being moved is all over town. BUT I heard that TSSAA is who wants to move it. Can they do that? Why would they? Is it a money thing?

I doubt very seriously the game will be moved. I've been down this road before. Carver has a decent field to play on, and there's no reason it can't be used. TSSAA would have to approve the move, and that would set a precedence. I don't think that will ever happen. It would not be 'politically correct' to move the game, and TSSAA does not want to get into that kind of debate. It'll never happen!

If Carver moves this game they are crazy. We (Mitchell) played Peabody when we were in 2A here in Memphis and had no problem. We played Ripley on Friday and they were safe. Dyersburg will be safe this Friday here in Memphis. I am going to send an email to Carver's principal and encourage her not to sell the game. If Peabody wanted homefield they should have won their region. The time is over to where you all can come in here and attempt to buy us.

quote name='TennFootBallFan' date='Nov 12 2007 - 10:50 AM' post='826633910']

Peabody in a big way!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are right.

I heard a rumor that Peabody was trying to buy the game to get it moved to Trenton. Anybody know if that is true? Will it be in Trenton? I wouldn't mind going to watch them if its is, but I will not go to Memphis (not without a body guard and some body armor!)

Dear Miscellaneous West Tennessee Redneck

No one wants to shoot you no one wants your pickup no one wants to do you harm this constant insinuation that black people in memphis dont do anything at football games except shoot the unsuspecting white people they have there is beginning to annoy me enjoy your game that is all

Dear Miscellaneous West Tennessee Redneck

No one wants to shoot you no one wants your pickup no one wants to do you harm this constant insinuation that black people in memphis dont do anything at football games except shoot the unsuspecting white people they have there is beginning to annoy me enjoy your game that is all

I agree but we can't feel safe anywhere in the world nowadays...It may not be the fact at what goes on at the football game but its also a fact of getting out of there and hoping to not get lost!!! Not somewhere you would want to be lost on a Friday night...Just recently as everyone heard about the Memphis player being shot just because they heard he had won quite a bit of money with the lottery...